Reputable gold shop Pattaya.

irishken

I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times but can anyone tell a place to a decent gold chain. 

ive no knowledge on Thai gold so how does it work?.

Do you get a certificate to state its real gold.

would buying in a central festival or similar place add a mark up to the price or would it that mean you have a better chance of it been genuine. 

Would bringing the wife along stop me from been ripped off.

Looking to buy buy about a 1 baht chain so not very  expensive. 

Nopparat Gold & Jewelry shop.. 175/1 Pattaya Klang, just east of 2nd Rd, on the same side of the road as the market entrance and not far past the market entrance, as you walk away from 2nd Rd. IIIRC, it's the second shop, very small, barely enough room inside for 3 customers. The wife, Nid, speaks some English & is easy to deal with.   038411435

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the genuine replies and sorry for the slow reply as the internet was rubbish in the hotels and i was also busy enjoying myself with the Wife and kids.

Anyway i ended up going to Aurora in Central Festival. They gave me the price of 1 baht in gold, showed me the chains and each chain had a different mark up price.

I ended up paying about 2000 baht extra and they allowed me 3 days to change it for free if the Wife didn't like it. 

Certificate and all weighed in front of me. 

The reason i knew nothing about Thai gold is because i've bought any gold i've given my wife in Ireland, engagement rings,wedding rings and whatever else.

As for any Buffalo comments.

Been married 9 years and never been asked for money for  a sick father in hospital,

A Brother been arrested for drugs .

A dead Buffalo.

Or a "brother" coming to visit for a few days. 

13 hours ago, irishken said:

Thanks for all the genuine replies and sorry for the slow reply as the internet was rubbish in the hotels and i was also busy enjoying myself with the Wife and kids.

Anyway i ended up going to Aurora in Central Festival. They gave me the price of 1 baht in gold, showed me the chains and each chain had a different mark up price.

I ended up paying about 2000 baht extra and they allowed me 3 days to change it for free if the Wife didn't like it. 

Certificate and all weighed in front of me. 

The reason i knew nothing about Thai gold is because i've bought any gold i've given my wife in Ireland, engagement rings,wedding rings and whatever else.

As for any Buffalo comments.

Been married 9 years and never been asked for money for  a sick father in hospital,

A Brother been arrested for drugs .

A dead Buffalo.

Or a "brother" coming to visit for a few days. 

You made a wise decision. I have purchased from Aurora many times. They are a chain with many stores in the provinces  outside Bangkok. The gold price is government regulated and can change throughout the day but Aurora's design and fabrication charge is very reasonable. 

Archived