Thailand to announce itself free of IUU fishing

webfact

Thailand to announce itself free of IUU fishing

PNOHT610213001016801.jpg

BANGKOK, 14 February 2018 (NNT) - Thailand's Deputy Prime Minister, Gen Chatchai Sarikulya, is planning to propose that Thailand announce itself as free from illegal fishing activities. 

Gen Chatchai said he will propose to the Cabinet that Thailand announce itself as free of illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing. He has tasked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with publicizing the announcement to other countries, as a gesture of Thailand's commitment to the agenda. 

Gen Chatchai said the government has continued to issue fishing licenses to eliminate IUU fishing. Starting March 31st, related agencies will be able to issue fishing and vessel licenses concurrently.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-02-14

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Just another of the PMs pals who is living in la-la land.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Just another of the PMs pals who is living in la-la land.

And a mighty fine place la-la land has proved to be for persons of his ilk.

I would look smug too..:passifier:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

In a country where officials proclaim unpunished Pattaya is a world class family resort, even the weirdest announcements make it in the news.

Whatever he is smokin' I would sure like some of it.

Tomorrow's announcement;Thailand declares War against the U.S and Great Britain!Oh..wait..they have already done that..:stoner:

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Eligius said:

You are absolutely right, Cornishcarlos.

Thailand believes in magic, whereby saying a thing makes it so. I see it constantly at work: pronouncing noble and high-sounding words, like a magic spell (and then doing nothing about implementing the ideas those words allegedly embody) is more than enough for hi-so Thais. Saying (or writing) grandiloquent phrases is all that is required. Speak your truth (aka lies) and hey presto - it's become your reality.

The 'word' becomes Thai reality all the time here. What a pity that that Word does not have any semblance of Gospel Truth or incarnate morality to it - ha ha!

Yes as i recently got told from a thai, that they like to here a story about something it need not be the truth or factual in anyway but they are happy with the story and will move on..and now that my friend explianed it, I can see it being used for most everything. Obviously many thais dont fall for it so easily, but its still prevelant amongst the majority. One only has to look at how easily the junta came into power and then started to make up stories about fighting corrultion. Lots believed them. As far a tge fishing well like most of the fleet a fresh coat of paint is about as good as it gets here..

• Like 2