U.S. 2018 elections 'under attack' by Russia - U.S. intelligence chief

webfact

7 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Sorry, but you're sending this debate around in circles by denying evidence already in the public domain and publicised widely, and even denying your own statements on this thread. Come back to me when you have something new and interesting. bfn.

Sorry, you're running from the fact that you can't defend your own claims. Once again, if the evidence you are referring to is in the public domain, provide sources to the evidence so it can be evaluated in proper context.

I already asked you to identify a statement I made and am now running from, you didn't do so. 

It seems you are running from your repeated insistence that the intelligence sources should be attempting to track down and comment on every troll post instead of going after Russian trolls at the source.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Fox News, yes, and also Sky news which is as anti Trump as any tv "news" channel I've seen.

BTW a few presenters on Fox that really dislike Trump, so not one sided.

22 hours ago, heybruce said:

Murdoch does not yet own controlling interest in Sky TV.  He is trying to acquire it, and is trying to convince UK regulators that Sky News will remain independent and not be influenced by Murdoch's political views.  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sky-plc-m-a-fox/murdoch-pledges-independent-sky-news-to-smooth-path-for-fox-deal-idUSKBN1FW16M

What presenters on Fox are consistently objective in reporting on Trump?  I know Fox has a few objective news programs, but Fox's big draws are its foam-at-the-mouth pundits.  It's difficult to find the low rated objective programs on Fox.

7 hours ago, Khun Han said:

You're wasting your time. It's like debating with religious fundamentalists.

You don't like having your beliefs challenged, even with credible sources.  You also don't like using sources to defend your beliefs, perhaps because they are indefensibly irrational.  It seems like you are the fundamentalist.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

Gates is apparently ready to cut a plea bargain with Mueller now. And Schiff also recently stated that there is evidence of both collusion and obstruction which has not yet been released to the public. 

Sources: 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/14/trump-russia-investigation-evidence-collusion-obstruction-adam-schiff

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/15/politics/rick-gates-plea-deal-mueller-russia-investigation/index.html

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2018 at 9:11 AM, boomerangutang said:

The reason cyber attacks are so successful, in the US, is because right-wingers are so easily duped.  The same people who believed, for 5 long years, that Obama was a Kenyan Muslim and the same folks who believe every bit of BS the Russkies (and right wing dirty tricksters like Ailes and Roger Stone) tell them to believe.

The reason the US is going downhill is only partly due to Trump's screw-ups.  Just as responsible are the millions of dough-headed, overweight, pharma-pill-popping, gun-hugging right wingers who enable Trump and his cabal to denigrate the US.

The most successful con men are those whose victims don't even know they're being conned.  

I just read this on youtube and could not agree more. America is under attach from Putin and Trump. WAKE UP AMERICA.

If the Republican house congress was going to protect Meuller and the special council, they would have already passed a bill. Trump and his new Cabnit will submit intelligence from the CIA DIRECTOR, who will be secretary of state, that suggests that Mueller and Rosenstien conspired to bring Trump down for political reasons. This will be enough to satisfy the Republicans in Congress. Then Trump will release MAYHEM in the streets of the United States. Mexico will pay for his Wall, because many refugees will be running to Mexico. Trump will suspend elections until he secures his power. We are witnessing the most serious attack on our country ever. There are many wealthy and powerful people who are potentially exposed by Meuller. The implications of taking on this large organization of criminal billionaires is staggering. Trump will declare a state of emergency, and Marshall law. If you are not afraid, you will be. The Republican congressmen won't be facing the voters until the people regain power from this mofia. Consider that they may assassinate anyone who comes against them. All polls and election possibilities will be rendered obsolete. Our civil rights will be stripped away. And I am being optomistic.

9 minutes ago, selftaopath said:

I just read this on youtube and could not agree more. America is under attach from Putin and Trump. WAKE UP AMERICA.

If the Republican house congress was going to protect Meuller and the special council, they would have already passed a bill. Trump and his new Cabnit will submit intelligence from the CIA DIRECTOR, who will be secretary of state, that suggests that Mueller and Rosenstien conspired to bring Trump down for political reasons. This will be enough to satisfy the Republicans in Congress. Then Trump will release MAYHEM in the streets of the United States. Mexico will pay for his Wall, because many refugees will be running to Mexico. Trump will suspend elections until he secures his power. We are witnessing the most serious attack on our country ever. There are many wealthy and powerful people who are potentially exposed by Meuller. The implications of taking on this large organization of criminal billionaires is staggering. Trump will declare a state of emergency, and Marshall law. If you are not afraid, you will be. The Republican congressmen won't be facing the voters until the people regain power from this mofia. Consider that they may assassinate anyone who comes against them. All polls and election possibilities will be rendered obsolete. Our civil rights will be stripped away. And I am being optomistic.

I would not take that piece very serious, sounds like somebody without much knowledge/insight.

On 2/16/2018 at 1:32 PM, heybruce said:

You don't like having your beliefs challenged, even with credible sources.  You also don't like using sources to defend your beliefs, perhaps because they are indefensibly irrational.  It seems like you are the fundamentalist.

That is what a certain entertainment show claiming to be a new broadcast does. They spew opinions as facts. Shep Smith called them out recently.  I respect him but totally despise practically all the others on that show.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/378631-shepard-smith-fox-news-opinion-hosts-dont-really-have-rules

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, selftaopath said:

That is what a certain entertainment show claiming to be a new broadcast does. They spew opinions as facts. Shep Smith called them out recently.  I respect him but totally despise practically all the others on that show.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/378631-shepard-smith-fox-news-opinion-hosts-dont-really-have-rules

Fox does have legitimate news programs, but they aren't what the network is known for and they don't drive the ratings.  That is why they are poorly advertised and little known; it's the buffoonish pundits and long-legged yes-girls that make the misnamed "News" channel famous.  Everyone knows Sean Hannity works for Fox, how many have heard of Shepard Smith?

• Like 1