Ink Mark on Visa Sticker

Today I went to Mae Sai to get another 90 days on my Multi-Entry O Visa and the Thai IO used an exit stamp full of ink and when he closed the passport to return it to me the ink itself was smudged all over the actual Visa sticker on the opposite side of the page. The stain is right where the actual Visa code is but it is still readable to some extent. As i am due to travel to Europe next month and then come back will I have any problem when re-entering Thailand. Visa is obviously valid but it looks a mess.

Any help is appreciated

Airport immigration will usually exhibit some semblance of common sense. From what you say, combined with the fact that you previously entered with the visa before the damage, I would expect you to be referred to a senior official and then stamped back in as usual. Although it may look a mess, as long as the visa and stamps can clearly be seen to be genuine, I cannot see them deciding to deny you entry. It might be easier to judge if you can post high quality scans of the two pages in question so we can see what the officials will see.

Hi BritTin Thank you for your reply, here is  a pic of the stain closed up I have omitted my personal data but they are readable under the ink. The opposite stamp that created the stain is covered by the TM card which is pinned to the passport.

Ubonjoe both  the number of entries and the enter before date are not affected by the damageInkedIMG_3849_LI.jpg.faa4fc2279466ce5e938d06056897678.jpg

Forgot to say in my reply that my worry is that when they scan the visa number which is right where the stain is the machine would not register the visa. is that a possibility? and is there a way for them to do it manually should the damage prevent a successful scan?

Thank you

2 minutes ago, thigh said:

Forgot to say in my reply that my worry is that when they scan the visa number which is right where the stain is the machine would not register the visa.

I am not sure they scan the coding on the bottom of the visa sticker. I have never noticed them doing it.

To be honest with you I am not sure too I assume they do the same way they scan the passport page with your details. Both codes look similar (the one at the bottom of your passport info page and the one at the bottom of the visa) so in theory, their equipment should be able to read it. I have seen sometimes that if the machine cannot read the code of your passport info they input it manually in their system so hopefully, they can do the same for the visa sticker.

Thank you

2 hours ago, thigh said:

Hi BritTin Thank you for your reply, here is  a pic of the stain closed up I have omitted my personal data but they are readable under the ink. The opposite stamp that created the stain is covered by the TM card which is pinned to the passport.

Ubonjoe both  the number of entries and the enter before date are not affected by the damageInkedIMG_3849_LI.jpg.faa4fc2279466ce5e938d06056897678.jpg

The contrast between the printed black machine-readable text and the blue stain is very strong. The text will still be readable by the machines.