Boris Johnson jokes about British sex tourism in Thailand during major Brexit speech

webfact

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I wouldn't disagree about old school jokes, however, harmless they're not perceived to be in this politically-correct era - sadly. It gives the press a field day.

As to the worst offenders for sexual exploitation, closer to home in Cambodia it was the United Nations group running UNTAC a couple of decades ago, who facilitated the establishment of K11 just outside of Phnom Penh city centre.

Please expand I don't think anyone knows what you're talking about. 

Edited by tryasimight

8 hours ago, nong38 said:

I think he has to say in PUBLIC what a great job the Embassy is doing, that normal for politicians, what he says behind closed doors about the Ambassador and his close "mate" is another thing we will never know. 

I would like to know what the job description is for an "Ambassador", the very least it should be is to look after its nationals, so, how important is the job in Bangkok?

My guess is that there are about 50,000 ex pat UK people here, I would also guess based on TAT that in any given month there an average 80,000 UK nationals in the country, so based on that they are there to look after 130, 000 UK nationals every month, how many people work at the Embassy to take care of the number and potential problems that may arise? I don't the answer in numbers my guess is not enough and as for the current incumbent I would not give him the time of day, I don't think he cares a F about UK nationals, just about being seen around and posing.

Boris you are in charge sort these items out, too much dead wood and people not up to the job, I hope you have noticed and enjoy your trip to Walking Street and Drinking Street>

Ambassadors are the official representation of their country abroad, they are diplomats, their job description is to provide diplomatic relations between the two countries.  This is about consuls, whose job it is to facilitate trade and also to provide assistance for their citizens in that country, the main problem they are facing is a large budget cut at the foreign office, luckily in Thailand they have not cut their budget so far that they are no longer here, like in so many countries today.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

K11 was a brothel complex, notorious for child prostitution.

In what way did the UN facilitate its establishment?   Clearly it did not exist before UN intervention, and there are old Khmer Rouge lovers who blame all their ills on the UN, and sure it would have been impossible for this to have happened under Pol Pot, but intervening in that issue does not amount to facilitation of child prostitution in any rational mindset.  

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

In what way did the UN facilitate its establishment?   Clearly it did not exist before UN intervention, and there are old Khmer Rouge lovers who blame all their ills on the UN, and sure it would have been impossible for this to have happened under Pol Pot, but intervening in that issue does not amount to facilitation of child prostitution in any rational mindset.  

I don't know. I think you are reading rather too much into my answer. You asked what was K11 was. I told you. As to who established it and what if any part UN or aid agencies staff played in its activities I don't know.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

There has never been a President of American descent, which particular European country he has descended from is irrelevant, your post almost reads as if you though Turkish was a dirty word, our old allies, shameful.

Oh please, where do you get off reading that in to it? ''almost reads as if''???  no it doesn't. what a churlish thing to say.

Edited by fasteddie

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Oh please, where do you get off reading that in to it? ''almost reads as if''???  no it doesn't. what a churlish thing to say.

One of the lies he told during the Brexit campaign was that 60m Turks were about to invade the UK because Turkey was about to join the EU. 

2 hours ago, JAG said:

I don't know. I think you are reading rather too much into my answer. You asked what was K11 was. I told you. As to who established it and what if any part UN or aid agencies staff played in its activities I don't know.

The UN forces were blamed for bringing Aids to Cambodia and infecting hundreds if not thousands of Cambodian females of all ages,mostly young girls.K11 is the ethnic Vietnamese village named Svay pak, Google it.