Foreign manager of Koh Phangan hostel faces deportation for cannabis possession

webfact

24 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Why are you so full of hate? Obama and Clinton smoked pot, even when Clinton made this idiotic message that he never inhaled.

Don't you think that the real problems are hard drugs that cause physical and/or psychological harm/ addiction? 

It's not about being a grown man now, it's more about people being ignorant and/or arrogant, or just open-minded, and understanding the difference between good and bad. Destructive, or harmless. 

Sounds like you are an expert. You know whats right and wrong, and you know whats good or bad, right?

So, just because Clinton and Obama smoked, or still smoking pot, that makes it okey to do inte a foreign country where it´s deemed illegal?
(I guess both the good or bad and the right or wrong fell apart quite quick here, or how would you phrase it?)

So according to you it seems like it´s arrogant and ignorant to follow the laws in the country you reside.
(Neither of that is going to fit tine inside your world of right or wrong and good or bad, right)

Too me the real problemes reside in the fact that people like you try to privately legalize something that is illegal, and also tries to shit the focus to if it´s more or less dangerous.
That is not anything this story or news regards.

Too me it reads like you put yourself in a very difficult spot with that comment!

And last, no I am not full of hate. If it were legal it would be a totally different ballgame.

3 hours ago, Annunaki said:

Nothing to do with parenting skills then?

In her case no.   She was fine until her 40's, then took up with a d***head who smoked dope.

If she'd been using dope when she was in my care, perhaps you could contend that it was parenting skills, but not 23 years after she left home.

Nice try at trolling though....nah, not even a nice try, just a try.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

In her case no.   She was fine until her 40's, then took up with a d***head who smoked dope.

If she'd been using dope when she was in my care, perhaps you could contend that it was parenting skills, but not 23 years after she left home.

Nice try at trolling though....nah, not even a nice try, just a try.

No trolling, just asking a question.

If I touched a nerve I apologize.

16 hours ago, mogandave said:

So you are still getting loaded, but only when you can get high quality bud.

Not a gateway drug...I wonder what percentage of heroin addicts started with weed. Everyone I ever knew...

Yeah, kinda strange that. Innit?

You knew heroin addicts or "junkies".

I've never known any users, because they were not allowed in my or my friends circles, our houses, or our workplaces. Heroin users were basically banned from our day to day lives. Anyone on the pipe (crack cocaine) likewise.

One can never trust a junkie.

However, the vast majority of my friends, and me included, were party animals, and liked to consume just about every thing else going. Drink, snort, smoke and swallow all the good stuff....

• Like 1

What we know is that several of the United States Presidents and other high profiled politicians have used cannabis and if we relate to the theory that the grassroot is a mirror image of the top then the chances are high that those you listed up also have used and/or are using...:coffee1:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_politicians_who_have_acknowledged_cannabis_use

Big difference between smoking a weed as a kid and smoking it most every day you can get it.

14 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Good! Get rid of the junkie or pusher. What ever he might be. He break the law and should be deported or jailed. Gives more room for the real people that wants to do things the right way.

No but maybe you can't under that it is a JOKE

Really? you think this quote was intended as humor? I think it was a reflection of a staggering degree of ignorance and intolerance, and judgment, Muslim or Fundamentalist Christian style.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The manic said:

11 grams of hash is nothing and legal in many civilized places. Your view is out of step with reality but instep with the march of strutting jackboots! The war on drugs is corrupt and is a war on the freedom of the people.

again, while i agree with you regarding the insane war on a relatively harmless recreational drug, he didnt have hash, he had ground "leaves"

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

So according to you it seems like it´s arrogant and ignorant to follow the laws in the country you reside.
(Neither of that is going to fit tine inside your world of right or wrong and good or bad, right)

Too me the real problemes reside in the fact that people like you try to privately legalize something that is illegal, and also tries to shit the focus to if it´s more or less dangerous.

Too me it reads like you put yourself in a very difficult spot with that comment!

And last, no I am not full of hate. If it were legal it would be a totally different ballgame.

So, how do you feel about prostitution, which is also illegal in Thailand?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Sounds like you are an expert. You know whats right and wrong, and you know whats good or bad, right?

So, just because Clinton and Obama smoked, or still smoking pot, that makes it okey to do inte a foreign country where it´s deemed illegal?
(I guess both the good or bad and the right or wrong fell apart quite quick here, or how would you phrase it?)

"Sounds like you are an expert. You know whats right and wrong, and you know whats good or bad, right?"

Yes, I am a sort of an expert because I've spent a good time of my life helping hard drug addicted people from all social backgrounds to find the light at the end of the tunnel. 

A lot of them passed away on their first day after rehab, many others made it and stayed clean ( hopefully) for the rest of their lives.

It wasn't a nice job to see all the different diseases starting from Aids to Hepatitis C that killed a lot of them if the drugs didn't.

I was never saying that all people should smoke pot in a country like Thailand because of its harsh laws. But when people like you, pretty much similar to what the drug commissioners of certain countries come up with words like "weed junkies", there has to be a point to make a few things clear.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yeah, kinda strange that. Innit?

You knew heroin addicts or "junkies".

I've never known any users, because they were not allowed in my or my friends circles, our houses, or our workplaces. Heroin users were basically banned from our day to day lives. Anyone on the pipe (crack cocaine) likewise.

One can never trust a junkie.

However, the vast majority of my friends, and me included, were party animals, and liked to consume just about every thing else going. Drink, snort, smoke and swallow all the good stuff....

The old story starts with hashish and ends with heroin on the needle?

That's in no way true, I've worked with hard drug addicts, weed smokers do not need a therapy.

The only reason why some, NOT ALL people try harder drugs is the illegality of drugs that usually puts the dealers into the same areas where many drugs are available. Of course are heroin dealers happy to have new customers and they'll sell to anybody with cash. 

But it's not true that people start with soft drugs, then have to switch to harder drugs. It's an insane lie.  

"Sounds like you are an expert. You know whats right and wrong, and you know whats good or bad, right?"

Yes, I am a sort of an expert because I've spent a good time of my life helping hard drug addicted people from all social backgrounds to find the light at the end of the tunnel. 

A lot of them passed away on their first day after rehab, many others made it and stayed clean ( hopefully) for the rest of their lives.

It wasn't a nice job to see all the different diseases starting from Aids to Hepatitis C that killed a lot of them if the drugs didn't.

I was never saying that all people should smoke pot in a country like Thailand because of its harsh laws. But when people like you, pretty much similar to what the drug commissioners of certain countries come up with words like "weed junkies", there has to be a point to make a few things clear.

And those drug-addicts did not smoke weed?

I’m clean 28 years, and most of the addicts I see go out, go out on grass.

14 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

You made no point and you made nothing clear. Giving basic information as a person helped other addicts. Information everybody should be aware of without education.

The only thing you managed to state, was that you believe that you have a better knowledge and are right against drug commisioners in a certain number of countries. What gives you that special gift?

2 hours ago, The manic said:

Killing Jews was legal in Germany at one time.It doesn't make it right. Gays were castrated legally in the UK. Laws are often bad and justified by stupid, malevolent people. Got a mirror?

A mirror? Oh dear! You think I made the laws??? How can I help you? :cheesy:

13 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

The old story starts with hashish and ends with heroin on the needle?

That's in no way true, I've worked with hard drug addicts, weed smokers do not need a therapy.

The only reason why some, NOT ALL people try harder drugs is the illegality of drugs that usually puts the dealers into the same areas where many drugs are available. Of course are heroin dealers happy to have new customers and they'll sell to anybody with cash. 

But it's not true that people start with soft drugs, then have to switch to harder drugs. It's an insane lie.  

I didn't say it was.

I just stated we had no time for needle users or people who ended up on crack. They were persona non grata in our circles because they could not be trusted.

Harsh but true.

Most people who got into the crack cocaine scene, were people who were spending vast amounts of money and time on coke. The crack gave them a bigger hit. It also, just like smack, made them unreliable and untrustworthy.

Everybody and his dog was doing coke in the 90's in the UK, but they still went to work on a Monday morning and they didn't have to steal from their family....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The manic said:

11 grams of hash is nothing and legal in many civilized places. Your view is out of step with reality but instep with the march of strutting jackboots! The war on drugs is corrupt and is a war on the freedom of the people.

Only one more thing I have to ask? Do you live in, or visit Thailand much?
Can´t be any nice trips you want to remember in that case. As you state Thailand as an uncivilized country contrary to the ones that legalized pot.

The freedom of people has never been taken away. There are places in the world you can smoke legally in. Do it there. Maybe you belive that a murderers freedom is to kill other people, and we should all just let him or her continue with that. Laws are there for a reason. The first reson is to be followed, and not like teenagers believe to be broken. That, though, is something that a person that grows up to an udult stage realize with time. For some people it takes longer time, and for other it comes naturally early.

5 hours ago, faraday said:

Yes, depending on the amount consumed, & the purity.

If you think that this is not true, you have no understanding of how dangerous all drugs can be.

oh. come. on...

Even the DEA states no known deaths from overdosing on marijuana.

https://www.dea.gov/druginfo/drug_data_sheets/Marijuana.pdf

Yes 'technically' it is possible, but the amounts are so utterly extreme it's just a ridiculous argument.

https://www.themaven.net/theweedblog/culture/how-much-marijuana-does-it-take-for-someone-to-overdose-1C8KxtV02keLgibkKQlqFA?full=1

At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response

What is *dangerous* is the complete lack of knowledge that some people have, in that they see *all* drugs as equally dangerous - it's this lack of education that contributes immensely to actual overdoses.

Some kids get fed this rubbish and when they discover that it's not true for weed (as they often do, because it is extremely common), sometimes they assume it's not true for all the other ones as well. The kids I grew up with that did end up as *actual* heroin addicts tended to be the most sheltered ones.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Get Real said:
1 hour ago, impulse said:

So, how do you feel about prostitution, which is also illegal in Thailand?

I don´t like that either, why would I?

Then I salute your consistency.  Lots of guys seem to be eager to pull out the noose for violators of the laws they agree with, and give a pass to anyone violating the laws they don't like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The manic said:

Killing Jews was legal in Germany at one time.It doesn't make it right. Gays were castrated legally in the UK. Laws are often bad and justified by stupid, malevolent people. Got a mirror?

Giving two examples of historical unjust laws doesnt mean that ALL laws are unjust , that is the kind of illogical reasoning that is caused by smoking dope and thats why its banned

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Giving two examples of historical unjust laws doesnt mean that ALL laws are unjust , that is the kind of illogical reasoning that is caused by smoking dope and thats why its banned

They specifically said 'often', not 'always'. What's clouding your logic?

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Smoking 'dope' is banned because of illogical reasoning, do you really believe that?

I have heard thousands of arguments for and against the banning of MJ but I have never heard of the 'illogical reasoning' theory.

I hope that you can back up your claim or you might end up looking a bigger idiot than those illogical people that you are trying to appear smarter than.

11 minutes ago, Annunaki said:

Smoking 'dope' is banned because of illogical reasoning, do you really believe that?

I have heard thousands of arguments for and against the banning of MJ but I have never heard of the 'illogical reasoning' theory.

I hope that you can back up your claim or you might end up looking a bigger idiot than those illogical people that you are trying to appear smarter than.

Although I am not trying to appear smarter than anyone else , dope smoking makes people irrational and illogical and it leads to a long term warped view on reality

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1