How much $/ month to Live in Phuket ?

coollife99

That's about 30000 baht. Minus rent it could be done. I took some screen shots of my budget app for the past three months cutting out rent/home expenses and some expenses my wife seems to generate monthly to give you some rough numbers. I was renting 2 residences simultaneously one of those months hence the high utilities number. Im not single and don't drink and hang out in bars patronizing the local girls. If I did it I would spend a lot less! Your inevitable next question is about accommodations. I rent a 2 br house for 24k and pay 2200 for utilities monthly. 

20180219_125225.png

20180219_125258.png

20180219_130539.png

Edited by csabo

On 2/15/2018 at 6:00 PM, xylophone said:

A whole host of good, useful and useless info similar to this on another thread entitled: "How much money to retire in Thailand".

Yeah, and this topic has been worn out--there are those who would live on B15k/mo and those who wouldn't live on B150k/mo. This topic is so subjective. Just come and see. If you are a frugal type, you may survive. If you like to live, bring plenty extra.

• Like 1

$1000 = 35 000 baht = roughly 1 000 baht a day so extremely easy for a non drinker to come right, particularly if mainly on a Thai diet.

Electricity? Different story; I’ve seen some horrible numbers on this post that I certainly couldn’t afford and, yes, rented units can bang up the rate per unit from the municipal charge of 3 baht (roughly) to around 9. 

My advice - stick to fans; healthier, and far cheaper. We have 3/4 running 24/7 and I don’t think our bill gets above 2 000 baht.

4 hours ago, csabo said:

That's about 30000 baht. Minus rent it could be done. I took some screen shots of my budget app for the past three months cutting out rent/home expenses and some expenses my wife seems to generate monthly to give you some rough numbers. I was renting 2 residences simultaneously one of those months hence the high utilities number. Im not single and don't drink and hang out in bars patronizing the local girls. If I did it I would spend a lot less! Your inevitable next question is about accommodations. I rent a 2 br house for 24k and pay 2200 for utilities monthly. 

20180219_125225.png

20180219_125258.png

20180219_130539.png

Thanks, clear answer ( i assume prices are in THB not in $ )

29 minutes ago, coollife99 said:

Thanks, clear answer ( i assume prices are in THB not in $ )

Yes sir. The app doesn't offer currency options. I convert it all back to dollars at the end of the month and enter it into Mint.com. Let's me know if I'm sinking or swimming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpokaneAl said:

What is your plan for a medical emergency?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

a good travel assurance at 130euro/ month ( not have to be include in the 1000$ ) as the 1000 $ Budget is only for daily living

Edited by coollife99
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 9:24 PM, thaibutty said:

electric bill is between 4.5 and 5k a month

Mine is about 600 to 700 Baht a month, aircon running for half an hour about twice a month (to keep it alive). I like cold shower, but my computer is running 24/7 as server. Regarding the topic, I spend about 18000 Baht a month. This includes gasoline for a car and a motorbike, internet bill (3bb), phone cost (2 SIM cards), and the usual blah-blah but not the rent of the house. (Top Secret: another 12000 per month, rent never went up in the last 23 years. Patong, Nanai, 2 floors.)

8 hours ago, hkt83100 said:
On 2/15/2018 at 9:24 PM, thaibutty said:

electric bill is between 4.5 and 5k a month

Mine is about 600 to 700 Baht a month

mine is about 600 to 700 Baht a day (april to sep) and 300 to 400 Baht (oct to mar). life is difficult! :ermm: