Ticha hands Prayut 80,000 signatures calling on Prawit to resign

webfact

Ticha hands Prayut 80,000 signatures calling on Prawit to resign

By The Nation

2b80304753728ea5f78c9f15e9a46589.jpeg

Ticha Na Nakorn, a well-known volunteer social worker, on Friday presented to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha over 80,000 signatures gathered from an online campaign, adding pressure for deputy PM General Prawit Wongsuwan to resign.

The online campaign, initiated by Ticha, called on Prawit to keep his word of January 31, in which he offered to step down if the people no longer wanted him.

Prawit made the comments after weeks of being hit hard over a scandal involving luxury watches.

Between the campaign’s January 31 launch and February 15, a total of 80,018 people had supported the petition calling for the scandal-plagued minister to resign from the Cabinet. The petition is on the change.org website.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339009

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-16

80.018 signatures in more than 2 weeks...not very impressive

Sure the PM can manage 80.019 signatures in a week, demanding Mr Prawit to stay on....

As for "the well-known volunteer social worker"....All to get her 15 minutes of fame

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, robblok said:

I must say I want Prawit to leave but I don't think 80.000 signatures is a lot given there are millions of Thais. Maybe the campaign was not publicized widely enough. 

But for each signatory their are 1000 thinking the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Yes probably being conservative, happy to go with your estimate. 

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

So now all of a sudden there are 80.000.000 Thais...  i wonder where those 11 million extra are hiding.

11 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Isn’t there some law about getting 50,000 signatures to get the ball rolling on ousting dishonest politicians? 

Yes, but don't you think 80.000 is not much.. I had expected much higher number especially for an online poll. If it was real signatures people going door to door i would understand the lower number but an online poll is so easy to participate in that I don't understand the low numbers.

Just now, bluesofa said:

Perhaps most of them don't fancy the idea of an invitation for re-education.

Fear could be a factor, though i doubt it was a big factor.

I personally think the campaign was not publicized enough. I am quite sure there are far more then 80.0000 people who want him gone. 

But internet petitions are among the easiest to participate in and collect huge number of signatures.

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Computer 'crimes'? Spreading false information? Plot to bring down the junta?

Why ? He asked for it and just signing your name would not land you in that much trouble... if anyone would be in trouble it would be those organizing it.. not those who sign. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

called on Prawit to keep his word of January 31

why o why would he/they do that, they still hold all the cards;

they count on the current generation and the most recent to be ignorant and exhibit the other dimensions of stupidity

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes, but don't you think 80.000 is not much.. I had expected much higher number especially for an online poll. If it was real signatures people going door to door i would understand the lower number but an online poll is so easy to participate in that I don't understand the low numbers.

I have previously had regard for you and your opinions but can you please clarify,  are you in support prawit and his watch collection??

• Confused 1

Just now, Tilacme said:

I have previously had regard for you and your opinions but can you please clarify,  are you in support prawit and his watch collection??

Have you not read my first post in this topic... it stated I want him gone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

When you can face years for clicking 'Like' or writing "Ja" on Facebook. When you can be hauled away for "Eating a sandwich with political intent", when you can be prosecuted for violating the ban on gatherings of groups of five people or more by gathering in groups of less than five or even on your own, why bother risking it?

That what your talking about was less majesty, that is always dangerous here. All your other option are for real life things not online things. 

I think either it was not given enough media coverage or what i hear from several people around me is that they just don't care anymore as whoever is in power robs the country blind anyway.  

• Like 2