TM30

keithpa

22 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

"Not quite the answer I was looking  for, but , thanks for the effort."

If you know the answer you want, you can post it yourself.

The answer I want is to my question.  Is Pattaya Immigration requiring TM30 after takings a few days away from Pattaya. What is  you dont understand? My 7 year old son understands . That is the answer I want, and as I have not been given the answer yet, it is impossible for me to post it myself. ubonjoe said " as far as he knows",  If you would be satisfied with that , then , up to you. Get real.

Edited by keithpa
add
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, steve187 said:

what answer were you looking for

The answer I want is to my question.  Is Pattaya Immigration requiring TM30 after takings a few days away from Pattaya. What is  you dont understand? My 7 year old son understands . That is the answer I want.  ubonjoe said " as far as he knows",  If you would be satisfied with that , then , up to you. .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keithpa said:

The answer I want is to my question.  Is Pattaya Immigration requiring TM30 after takings a few days away from Pattaya. What is  you dont understand? My 7 year old son understands . That is the answer I want.  ubonjoe said " as far as he knows",  If you would be satisfied with that , then , up to you. .

here is your answer - The law says the owner needs to notify an aliens presents in his property within 24 hours of arrival.

when the landlord goes to immigration you will know the answer, then and only then will you know more than Ubonjoe.

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

here is your answer - The law says the owner needs to notify an aliens presents in his property within 24 hours of arrival.

when the landlord goes to immigration you will know the answer, then and only then will you know more than Ubonjoe.

The chief of Phuket Immigration disagrees with you.

1 hour ago, lou62 said:

I think that's half the trouble. no one seems to know for sure (I know I don't).

I don't think this whole thing is to fight major crime, I think it's been introduced for other reasons. 

At last,  not seen too often on here. An honest informed comment. Congrats. ( you  must be an Ozzie)

Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration is not enforcing the 24 hour reporting rule if you travel within Thailand and return to the same address - this is information given out by the Pattaya City Expats Club based on the reports they receive from expats. 

Chonburi Immigration does require it if you travel outside of Thailand and return - but their requirements as to who has to do this is inconsistently applied - seems it depends on the Immigration Officer you deal with.  Several recent reports have been received by the PCEC from retirees returning from a trip outside Thailand to their previous address that when they went to report, they were told since a TM.30 had previously been filed and they were returning to the same address - no new report was required.  Others in similar situation during the same period say they were required to file the report, but did not have to provide any documentation.  Whereas, others reported they were required to file the form and include documents.   For this reason, the PCEC advises that to avoid the risk of being fined, if traveling outside of Thailand, expats should make the report. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The answer is yes, you should have submitted the paperwork on your return within 24 hours. Although you failed to tell us whether the place you stayed in Bangkok registered you as an alien. IE was it a hotel or did you stay with a friend, did he report you as living there, or did you report to Bangkok immigration?

If nobody knows you have been away, I would say it was not necessary!

You failed to supply any information and got uppity when people tried to help you.

It would be obvious to blind fredddy that if I had stayed at a friends, there is no way in hell that immigration would know i had been away. I did not get uppity, up until this morning, nobody tried to help. And your "help" differs to that of Soisanuk.

49 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The answer is yes, you should have submitted the paperwork on your return within 24 hours. Although you failed to tell us whether the place you stayed in Bangkok registered you as an alien. IE was it a hotel or did you stay with a friend, did he report you as living there, or did you report to Bangkok immigration?

If nobody knows you have been away, I would say it was not necessary!

You failed to supply any information and got uppity when people tried to help you.

"

"If nobody knows you have been away, I would say it was not necessary!".  This is a false statement. Please only comment on facts, not personal opinion.

21 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Joe? And which answer was that? Im big enough to stand corrected.

If you read up about the tm30 on TV it should be obvious that whether the legal requirement is enforced is a lottery depending on an IO.

Therefore joe`s answer was as good as you are going to get, and in my opinion well expressed.

I suggest this topic should be closed.

1 hour ago, keithpa said:

I rang them, no answer several times. In my opinion, it was easier to ask on here than to get on my bike and ride 10K to immigration to ask .

Try again on Monday, you may have more luck.

1 hour ago, jojothai said:

If you read up about the tm30 on TV it should be obvious that whether the legal requirement is enforced is a lottery depending on an IO.

Therefore joe`s answer was as good as you are going to get, and in my opinion well expressed.

I suggest this topic should be closed.

Closed, I agree, can led a horse to water, but cant make it drink.