Udon Thani, 30 or 45 days extension application?

I would like to know if anyone has had an extension of stay application (for marriage) accepted more than 30 days early at Udon Thani immigration.

I'm asking as my 30 days before falls on April the 15 and SWMBO has decreed that we are off the roads from the 10th to the 20th to avoid the songkran crazies, I would prefer to go earlier if possible 

I had a similar, time-challenged window for filing a retirement extension at Udon where I would be out of the country when it fell due end of January and I would only have at best a couple of days just after the New Year holidays to get it done. The first time I dropped by to ask in early December, the 90-day guy was insistent on ONLY 30-day before. I dropped by again before Christmas, armed with the flight itinerary and asked the 90-day guy if it could be done earlier, showing him my itinerary. Again he was insistent on the 30-day rule and my coming in the day before I was due to depart the country in early January. So I asked him to check if I had the right paperwork for this 'rush job' and while he was looking at my yellow book, his boss came over and casually inquired what I was wanting. The 90-day guy explained I wanted an early extension filing and his boss told him to go ahead and do it now. This was around 3.30 PM on a Friday and I had my passport, photo, income letter, cash and yellow book with me so only had to sign a blank TM30 which they filled it in after the fact, stapling the receipt inside the passport. Only one other couple were being attended to, probably doing a marriage extension so not busy. S that was renewed around 44 days ahead of due date and took about 20 minutes.

Not sure if 'avoiding songkran traffic' has as much weight as not being in the country, especially asking more than 30 days ahead of Songkran. Songkran falls on a weekend this year so maybe there won't be the same 'last weekend before the event' sort of traffic rush? Maybe you can plan on doing the renewal 7-10 days before the due date?

• 1 month later...