Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie bound biker stranded in Thailand talks to Thaivisa after being dumped off plane in Bangkok

rooster59

Normally you can not check in at the Airport if you don't have a visa for Australia.

I had a permanent resident visa for Australia and now, after 5 years i have to do every year tons of paperwork

and pay more than 300 Aud for renew a visa for Australia as i stay in Thailand  and visit Oz 2-3 times a year. If the Visa is granted nobody would stop him.

It is just easy. Before you go you can go on the net and get some information, or call the immigration in your State and they will tell you exactly what you have to doo.....

2 minutes ago, Kimber said:

Security vetting is already occurring as international Flights are being booked, months /weeks before flight.  If a "person of interest" lights up the monitor; then a process of monitoring leading up to a confirmed manifest and boarding is initiated. 

You'd think we were all living in a Police state! where our every move & conversation is monitored! :shock1:

Thankfully we still have Freedom! 555

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Xaos said:

In 2013 Queensland Parliament imposed the Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act, known as the VLAD laws, which were enacted to "come down harshly on outlaw motorcycle gangs and their members."

Which hunt in Aus

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/australia39s-biker-crisis/56097a4dc70bd226563be357

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

And works extremely well. Note the laws were introduced after that' incident' on the Gold Coast.

Don't forget that the image of the not-so-bad-bit-of-a-lad image of bikies went out the window years ago with the incursion of the Lebanese and other middle eastern gangs into the Oz biker scene. Its got to the stage that many so called bikies can't even ride a bike and are simply plain old criminal gang members. People had a gutful and a Politician with balls made a stand. The 'progressive' politicians have had a few years to rescind the law....but they haven't.

Unfortunately for Thailand and SEA in general it has accelerated their gangs growth in these areas.

The Federal Police have people stationed in Thailand - Bangkok and Chiang Mai that I know of - and no doubt they are keeping a watchful eye on the situation.

Last year on a trip back to Oz there was a guy in the boarding gate (after the check of bags for liquids...an Ozzie will know what I mean) stopping people and questioning them - where you been -where you going - why - type of questions.

I guess he was a Fed.

Edited by tryasimight

1 hour ago, XBroker said:

Not really a buyer of that philosophy. Often the cover tell you all you need to know about what is inside. People make these types of judgements everyday and are they are often instinctually correct.

Indeed, if the individual chooses to wear the brand then he/she publicly advertises their associations/ loyalties.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, swissman53 said:

Normally you can not check in at the Airport if you don't have a visa for Australia.

I had a permanent resident visa for Australia and now, after 5 years i have to do every year tons of paperwork

and pay more than 300 Aud for renew a visa for Australia as i stay in Thailand  and visit Oz 2-3 times a year. If the Visa is granted nobody would stop him.

It is just easy. Before you go you can go on the net and get some information, or call the immigration in your State and they will tell you exactly what you have to doo.....

You should be able to apply for a re-entry permit before you leave Oz and save yourself the hassles.

The wife just got her permanent residency grant and can come and go for 5 years then has to apply etc. I guess they expect you to gain citizenship in those 5 years although that is becoming harder too. You now have to prove a 'relationship' (my words) with Australia rather than a relationship with an Australian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TC206 said:

Rebels hey,,, identified by Australian law authorities as a criminal organisation. Not allowed back in Australia ... rightly so. You might have a family and use media to give us all the milk sop story of being the innocent family man but you chose to follow your path despite your family. But how the hell does Thailand allow him to stay after Australia has told them he’s not allowed back???? There’s good reason for that, not a mistake. 

And some of us who have NEVER stepped out of line are put through hoops to get our retirement visas.... how does that work ??

Could it be possible his affiliations have connections and $$ ... duer!

Since Australian Police cracked down on criminal Bikie gangs they’ve simply picked up and moved to S E Asia ... blatantly obvious to all except it seems to Thai and Cambodian Authorities.

No sympathy for this trash. Boot him out of Thailand. 

I reckon Thailand should hold a few more bikie gang conventions so a heap more of them will attend. Thus getting rid of them from Aus, seeing that they are not allowed back in. Yee haa.

• Like 2

Something Very Wrong here .I have Know one Person Who is an Immigrant/ Australian Citizen from an other country and was an Convict Drug/Dealer /Supplier,Went to jail for 6 years Traveled to Europe and Thailand  After he done his Time That person had No problem going and coming back to AUS,,,,,,, Go Figure,,,,,,

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

I have a friend in the Philippines ( Brit)   who went  Australia as a child, school, Uni Business in Perth  who lost his residency .  For the record I am a ten pound pom went to Australia as a child and hold Both Citizenship   

I dont know why your freind lost his residency--maybe you want to expand on that--- but it seems you (like me)  have done that route, so its strange why you do not seem to understand why so many people (especially Irish) do not want to stand up and swear allegiance to the queen of England.

Maybe when Oz drags itself into the 21st century they wont have this problem. 

I really dont know why this situation (with this guy) exist , but for those who feel its a smart move. Please reflect that they have taken a guy who was probably paying $3-400 a week tax, and replaced him with as family --solo mother 3 children who they will now have to pay about $5-600 a week

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

If so, why bother with getting a "1 year retirement" visa ?

Wouldn't most people rather have a one-year visa for $2,000 than a one month visa that has to be tended to every 30 days?  Now he has time to hire a lawyer in Austrailia and start what will probably be a lengthy court case to get back in there.  And, he doesn't have to make visa runs.  I know I'd go for the one year visa.

19 minutes ago, 9KPhalak said:

Wouldn't most people rather have a one-year visa for $2,000 than a one month visa that has to be tended to every 30 days?  Now he has time to hire a lawyer in Austrailia and start what will probably be a lengthy court case to get back in there.  And, he doesn't have to make visa runs.  I know I'd go for the one year visa.

The issue is that he dont have the funds required for the lawyer in Australia who for one reason or another required up front payment so the very best solution would have been to use his last funds to take a flight to UK where he have a citizenship and take it from there - he cannot work on a Retirement visa so I Guess it is more to this story based on his wise decision ....:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

How things have changed, once you had to be a criminal 

to get into  OZ, now they don't want you.

regards worgeordie

Trust me..... the original Australians NEVER wanted Pommy criminals to be in the country.  And nothing has changed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:
I think it is connected to my membership of the Rebels," he said. "I have been a member for ten years but I am not involved in drugs or anything illegal". 

Aww.............poor boy. And you're not involved in drugs or anything illegal? Guess your past has caught up with you. Too bad, how sad, never mind. S**t happens. :coffee1:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I dont know why your freind lost his residency--maybe you want to expand on that--- but it seems you (like me)  have done that route, so its strange why you do not seem to understand why so many people (especially Irish) do not want to stand up and swear allegiance to the queen of England.

Maybe when Oz drags itself into the 21st century they wont have this problem. 

I really dont know why this situation (with this guy) exist , but for those who feel its a smart move. Please reflect that they have taken a guy who was probably paying $3-400 a week tax, and replaced him with as family --solo mother 3 children who they will now have to pay about $5-600 a week

No, no, no....he is obviously a stand up community member and loving father - he will take them all to the Uk with him obviously.

Do I feel sympathy for the Mrs and kids - yes a little,their lives will be turned upside down - they have been complicit with his lifestyle and the kids will be groomed in said lifestyle. Anyone who says different has never been involved in the biker scene.

Bad luck......Out old mate.

Edited by tryasimight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Media1 said:

This man has committed.no crime .

Except the 2 assaults?

And we wait in anticipation for the "Full Picture".

Which is, of course, the one that the "Feds" have.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

after some thought on this topic  i concluded more Fake NEWS . is impossible to get a retirement visa .The facts don't add up 

Have some more thoughts PEE TEE.....most of us that have lived here for some years are looking at that quote & saying....gosh you paid much to much for a retirement visa...............:omfg:

7 minutes ago, 9KPhalak said:

To each his own...I'd still rather be a year in Pataya than England.  Cost of living is cheaper in Pataya is it not? 

Mate - it seems that you have forgotten an important issue - READ "Now running out of money he has returned to Pattaya as he awaits news of his uncertain future"

Without any funds I would rather be in my own country where I qualify for the right to a form of social Security - just ask all the nutters that have run out of Money in Thailand and sleeping/begging on the street...:coffee1:

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Have some more thoughts PEE TEE.....most of us that have lived here for some years are looking at that quote & saying....gosh you paid much to much for a retirement visa...............:omfg:

SPOT ON! It may cost extra to manage to document funds of 800thb that you actually do not have...:coffee1: