Thai Wife unable to get permanent Visa for Aus

Samsara9

36 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Thanks for the corrections. A few years back 'No further stay' seemed to be a standard condition in all temporary stay visas, but maybe they have stopped that.

In fact you are right. I remember now a friend (Thai female) went to Australia a few years back on a 3 month tourist visa and we were surprised the above condition wasn't in the visa. Anyway, she got married to her Australian boyfriend (met him on the internet a week before she left Thailand), put in a partner application and got a bridging visa  until the application was approved. She is now going through the process of bring her Thai children from a previous marriage to Australia.

It is a wonder she did not include the children in her application unless she was not the custodian parent or the children were over 18. I got my wife's 16 year old daughter included in her application and there was no problem because she was still a minor in the eyes of Australian law. She still had to go through the same medical and police checks as he mother.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

You are correct but only if it is domestic violence, which must be proven before the courts or for any other reason it is visa cancellation

I've known about woman who have been placed on bridging visas and have then had a new spouse application lodged for them.

There's also cases where Immigration won't cancel the visa, they will just let it run it's natural cause and then don't grant PR.

The visas aren't automatically cancelled although some are.

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Just to clarify a few things.

As long as the person doesn't have 8503 (No Further Stay) condition on their visa , they can apply in Australia.

After 2 years she will become an Australian Resident, not citizen.

As long as her son has PR or citizenship, it doesn't matter.

If you apply for residency in Australia and if approved you are either are granted "Permanent Residency" Immediately  or you are granted "Interim Visa" of which you must satisfy a 2 year residency requirement in which then you are re-assesed for the permanent residency.  Remember the Permanent Residency is only permanent in the sense that you never leave Australia.  IF granted PR, you are allowed to freely travel in and out of Australia as many times as you like, but  (cant remember exactly) after 5 years PR you must ensure you reapply for what is effectively a re-entry permit back into australia should wish to travel overseas (again this allows you to travel freely in and a out of Australia).

16 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with the above. It's a very sad situation indeed. I suppose deep down you already know he will have to learn for himself.

Important that you continue to care and support him the way you do. He is a very lucky chap, With all his problems, I envy him, he has a loving wonderful mother.

thank you so much, appreciated

I don't usually follow a post this far, but you seem so nice and concerned. I think you know what you have to do, so do it. I'd read him the Riot Act, all in the name of 'tough love', and preferably while she's away in Thailand, to ease any confrontation and/or 'ganging up' on you. If they want to live like this, then do it elsewhere, visit on weekends. Thai women are good at what they do, and that's not always bad, but you have to draw lines. Good luck...

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, Samsara9 said:

I fear he is being scammed by this girl

I cannot talk to him as he won't listen to me and his friends have told him he is being scammed.

It is like he has been brainwashed by this girl!!

I am unsure what to do as I fear for his mental health and I don't want to interfere as he is an adult but I am so worried where all this is going to end.

Can someone advise me please or am I worrying over nothing?

No fear about it and he is being scammed.

They are really clever at brainwashing vulnerable farang men. I know, I was one.

All you can do is don't let his grandfather give him any money ( I'm sure you won't ), don't guarantee any loans and be around to pick up the pieces when he finally wakes up.

There is no specific advice, but thousand of men have been down that same road and survived ( I did ).

You can worry, and I'm sure you will, but it won't change anything.

Everyone in the grips of it thinks their girl is different, till forced to admit they ain't.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Well first off this Thai Woman you talk about, who is now your son's wife and your daughter-in-law, has known your son for over 3 years now. So it is not like they just met in some bar on a romantic holiday and he fell head over heals in love wth her the first week. Believe this or not but many sensible men who have come to Pattaya for a couple of weeks have been known to do that. I met many like that almost every week when I lived there. 

So after 3 years they are not strangers to each other. After 3 years they still seem to get along well and are married now. Maybe 3 years ago when your son met her, she was a Dental Assistant. It may surprise you to know that in Thailand a Waitress in a good hotel can make more money then a Dental Assistant. Things are a lot different in Thailand than in the Ozzy. Including there Women. That is an important thing you need to try and understand. I know as I have lived here now for a long time and am happily married to a Thai Woman for many years now. 

From your Post it became obvious to me that you expect your Son's Thai Wife to be exactly like the Average Australian Woman. This is the first part you need to fully understand. Thai Women are not anything like an Ozzy Woman, or any other women from the West. This is why your Son fell into love with her so quickly. This Brainwashing you talk about in real terms is simply called "Love".  Your Son loves his wife and I assume he is very happy with her. 

So now looking at your Daughter-in-law with Western Eyes you would expect her to be so grateful for living in your house for free. To bow down to you, which she will only do for Buddha! To do most of the household chores and even cooking. To help support her husband financially.  But instead that because she chooses to stay in her room and wants to go away on weekends and to eat someplace else, you think she is lazy and useless. Let me now flip this coin and look at things from a different side and scenario. 

Has it ever occured to you that perhaps the reason this Thai Woman stays in her room and chooses to go away on the weekends is that you have never made her feel welcome in your house? That you don't like her? That you critize her in every given opportunity? That you talk badly about her even to your Son, who obviously loves her, but must put up with this as he lives in your house for free? 

Let me ask you something? Have you ever really welcomed her into your house? Have you ever made an effort to try to get to know her and understand her. To teach her how to even Cook Western Food? My Thai Wife never even ate a Potato until she was in her late 20's and was with me. To show her what the household chores are? Thai Women use Bamboo Stick Brooms to clean floors. They don't have rugs to clean. They have no idea how to even use a Vaccum Cleaner. Thai Women are all natually shy also, so she will not come to you first. She cannot do that or ask you questions on fear of looking stupid! So you are missing a wonderful opportunity to get to know her and welcome her into your home and heart. 

This may surprise you but generally Thai Women are not lazy! There is always a rotten apple in any barrow so this is why I say generally. So they may be many things but certainly not lazy! Thai Girls are taught at an early age to help there parents. My Thai Wife's Childhood is a good example as to what many Thai Girls have to do.

From the time she could walk she was taught how to work hard and help out. By age 10 she would come home from school, look after her younger sister and brother and also do all of the family cooking, while her parents worked the farm. On weekends she would go help in the Rice Paddy, along with his sister and brother. Getting up before the sun rises to make the family lunch.

It may surprise you that one of the Thai Wedding Vows from the Buddhist Monk to Thai Women is she must promise to get up each mornng before her husband to make him breakfast. There was no time for fun or boys in my wifes early life then! Just Work and School Work! She never had a boyfriend until her second year in University. But this is very normal for most Thai Girls then. You may see your daughter-in-law much different than this, but just remember where she is living now, with strangers who don't like her, and far away from home. 

You Daughter-in-law can't work in Australia on a Tourist Visa to help support your Son. If she did and got caught, she would be put in jail and deported and perhaps never allowed to return. I don't know about you but I find it difficult hanging around people who I know don't like me. Only you inside can change that. 

It seems to me like one of the biggest expenses your Son is making now, is sending his wife back and forth every few months to Thailand. Easy to say let her stay there longer, but when you love somebody it is not easy to do. So the logical solution to this is something must be done to help them get her Visa, so she can live and work there.

It doesn't mean all cash money either,. Instead of surffing the Internet trying to dig up dirt on your Son's New Wife, use this time to see how you can help them get a Visa. With his wife's limited English Skills, and your Son holding down 2 jobs, it appears to me they don't have the time to do that themself. While you have plenty of time.            

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 3:51 PM, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Someone needs to trap this woman if indeed she is a xxx scammer. Make a profile on the website, meet her in a restaurant (and possibly record the meeting). Present that to the husband as evidence.

Ridiculous!

To be a Scammer there must be some money to scam first. A Pick Pocket is not going to try and steal your wallet, if he knows you only have 2 dollars in it. I don't see anythig in this Post to indicate he has any money to scam at all. In fact working 2 jobs and living with his mom tells me he doesn't have much money. 

Lol, whatever you do, avoid this guys "advice" like plague. So, here I dissect this guy's nonsense in clear and concise manner.

13 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

So it is not like they just met in some bar on a romantic holiday and he fell head over heals in love wth her the first week.

They met in Pattaya, the sex capital of the world where single men go for sex adventures.

After 3 years they still seem to get along well and are married now

How do you know? They live in your house?

It may surprise you to know that in Thailand a Waitress in a good hotel can make more money then a Dental Assistant.

Lie and she was most likely never a dental assistant.

Things are a lot different in Thailand than in the Ozzy. Including there Women. That is an important thing you need to try and understand. I know as I have lived here now for a long time and am happily married to a Thai Woman for many years now. 

No, things are not a lot different. A decent woman be it Thai ow Western would never leech of a good heated man, but would try to contribute in any way possible. BTW, you forgot to mention how much you are paying your wife to stay happily married.

Let me ask you something? Have you ever really welcomed her into your house? Have you ever made an effort to try to get to know her and understand her. To teach her how to even Cook Western Food? My Thai Wife never even ate a Potato until she was in her late 20's and was with me. To show her what the household chores are? Thai Women use Bamboo Stick Brooms to clean floors. They don't have rugs to clean. They have no idea how to even use a Vaccum Cleaner. Thai Women are all natually shy also, so she will not come to you first. She cannot do that or ask you questions on fear of looking stupid! So you are missing a wonderful opportunity to get to know her and welcome her into your home and heart. 

What a bunch of generalizing crap from a Westerner that married a poor Isaan woman in exchange for financial

security. When did you come to Thailand.... in the 60's?

his may surprise you but generally Thai Women are not lazy! There is always a rotten apple in any barrow so this is why I say generally. So they may be many things but certainly not lazy! Thai Girls are taught at an early age to help there parents. My Thai Wife's Childhood is a good example as to what many Thai Girls have to do.

Since we are generalizing, I must admit that you are correct. Thai girls indeed help their parents and their Family. NOT Farang parents and family. Thank you for proving the point below.....

From the time she could walk she was taught how to work hard and help out. By age 10 she would come home from school, look after her younger sister and brother and also do all of the family cooking, while her parents worked the farm. On weekends she would go help in the Rice Paddy, along with his sister and brother. Getting up before the sun rises to make the family lunch.

and he continues....

So now looking at your Daughter-in-law with Western Eyes you would expect her to be so grateful for living in your house for free.

Damn right she should be. As I am greatful every day I live in my Thai wife's house for free.

To bow down to you, which she will only do for Buddha! To do most of the household chores and even cooking. To help support her husband financially.  But instead that because she chooses to stay in her room and wants to go away on weekends and to eat someplace else, you think she is lazy and useless.

You nailed it. She is lazy and useless. The lady would do well to rid of her ASAP.

Let me ask you something? Have you ever really welcomed her into your house? Have you ever made an effort to try to get to know her and understand her. To teach her how to even Cook Western Food?

She is the one supposed to make an effort while leeching in someone's house for free.

Advice to mom. Kick her out.

You Daughter-in-law can't work in Australia on a Tourist Visa to help support your Son. If she did and got caught, she would be put in jail and deported and perhaps never allowed to return.

Wouldn't that be a blessing for this family?

If she can't work, she could pick up a broom and wash the dishes.

It doesn't mean all cash money either,. Instead of surffing the Internet trying to dig up dirt on your Son's New Wife, use this time to see how you can help them get a Visa. With his wife's limited English Skills, and your Son holding down 2 jobs, it appears to me they don't have the time to do that themself. While you have plenty of time.          

Yes. Maybe she should also wipe their bums.

Final thoughts:

Avoid advice from sex tourists.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Lol, whatever you do, avoid this guys "advice" like plague. So, here I dissect this guy's nonsense in clear and concise manner.

They met in Pattaya, the sex capital of the world where single men go for sex adventures.

How do you know? They live in your house?

Lie and she was most likely never a dental assistant.

No, things are not a lot different. A decent woman be it Thai ow Western would never leech of a good heated man, but would try to contribute in any way possible. BTW, you forgot to mention how much you are paying your wife to stay happily married.

What a bunch of generalizing crap from a Westerner that married a poor Isaan woman in exchange for financial

security. When did you come to Thailand.... in the 60's?

Since we are generalizing, I must admit that you are correct. Thai girls indeed help their parents and their Family. NOT Farang parents and family. Thank you for proving the point below.....

and he continues....

Damn right she should be. As I am greatful every day I live in my Thai wife's house for free.

You nailed it. She is lazy and useless. The lady would do well to rid of her ASAP.

She is the one supposed to make an effort while leeching in someone's house for free.

Advice to mom. Kick her out.

Wouldn't that be a blessing for this family?

If she can't work, she could pick up a broom and wash the dishes.

Yes. Maybe she should also wipe their bums.

Final thoughts:

Avoid advice from sex tourists.

Oh-Oh! Another Bitter TV Forum Guy who went through a Bitter Divorce probably with a Thai Woman because he didn't know how to treat her and respect her. But grateful he is now living in his (New) Thai Wife's House for free. How much cooking and house work does your wife make you do? But now I wonder who is really suckng money and a free ride from whom here?

Who also thinks that every woman who works in Pattaya is a Prostitute up for the Highest Bidder. Where a Thai Woman only stays with a Husband who pays here a good salary. Interesting? I wonder how many married women in the West who live totally on there own income and never depend on there husbands income for anything? Perhaps Zero?

Of course I help my wife out when ever she needs it. She has decent clothes and cell phone to, but other than that she prefers to live cheaply. She prefers to eat the rice she grows and the fish she raises from our pond, over Western Food like me. But then she works hard to and completely runs our large farm by herself with Rice, Sugar Caine, and many Rubber Trees.  She puts all the money she earns from the farm into a joint bank account set up for that, so not in her own pocket. But then this Post is about them and not me. So let's get back to that. 

How do I know they are happy after 3 years? Well they do not live in my house because they don't need to to determone this. The fact that they are still together after 3 years is a good sign. They also just recently got married in Australia, which indicated to me there realtionship has grown stronger and not weeker. Also that he pays for her to join him in Australia and go back again when she has to, when money is scarce. Why would any man do that if he wasn't happy with her? I would just tell her to stay home in Thailand and not come back. 

So you think "most likely" she was never a Dental Assistant based on What? I say so what! What is the difference if she was a Dental Assistant or worked in a Hotel? Is there something sleezy to you about a woman who may be washing floors and cleaning toilets in a hotel for a living? When is the last time you were on a date with a Female Doctor, or Executive, or some very Rich Woman? 

And what does this Prince Charming have to offer her anyway? He is 39 years old and has no money saved or even a decent job, as he is still living at his parent place. If you really think that she is with him for a free ride and money, you really need to get your head examined. That is like trying to rob a bank at gun point, when you know they only have $10 in the Till. 

Let's face it! Who wants a Meddling Mother-in-Law in any marriage? You know absolutely nothing about this Thai Women, but from this Post you can see that niether does the Mother-in-Law, and how she feels about her. I would love to hear the Sons point of view on all of this. 

So The Mother-in-Law has 2 choices! Either try to help them out, or kick them out! Personally I don't know which one is better. But if she does kick them out of her life she can forget about visits with her Grandchildren. I certainly would not go back after that treatment. 

Say what you want about Thais but I can tell you this for sure. I never met a Thai Family who would refuse helping a Son or Daughter of any age by not letting them move back in with them when they were down on there luck and needed help. Because they are Family!      

21 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Oh-Oh! Another Bitter TV Forum Guy who went through a Bitter Divorce probably with a Thai Woman because he didn't know how to treat her and respect her. 

I'm so bitter you had to say it twice in one sentence.

I never went through a bitter divorce, what gives you that idea? Because I advised the "mom" that a leeching Thai woman in her house should be kicked out? She's worried about her son and probably about her own situation and finances. Being "nice" and "understanding" to bums never works and I wish her well in this awful situation and advise her to kick both of them out.

I would never put my poor mom in this situation by bringing some Pattaya tart into her house.

I am advising mom to have some respect for herself.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I'm so bitter you had to say it twice in one sentence.

I never went through a bitter divorce, what gives you that idea? Because I advised the "mom" that a leeching Thai woman in her house should be kicked out? She's worried about her son and probably about her own situation and finances. Being "nice" and "understanding" to bums never works and I wish her well in this awful situation and advise her to kick both of them out.

I would never put my poor mom in this situation by bringing some Pattaya tart into her house.

I am advising mom to have some respect for herself.

So you claim you are not bitter and have never gone through a Divorce before? But then why should you be bitter since you are living in your Thai Wife's House for Free and getting a Free Ride from her now? I am sure there are many Western Women who would be happy to put you up in there house for free to and expect you to do nothing. After all, it was you who said Thai Women are not different. 

My biggest beef is you jump to conclusion my man! You know nothing about this Thai Woman other than what the Mother-in-Law said about her, but still call her leeching. She blames the Thai Wife for her and her son's dire situation right now and as you do. But really who is to blame here?

A Thai Woman who met a man 3 years ago who I don't see changed his life that much? Or a 39 year old man who has saved Zero Money in all of his life, has no assests, can't find a decent job as he may not have the skill set for a good one, but goes to Thailand for a vacation and who brings his wife back to his mother's house to live? 

I say that if you need to blame somebody then blame the Son! Or the Mother who raised him to be this way!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

This does not match my experience of Thai women.

Well, I suppose you can find "Lazy" in any race or culture in the world. Some being worst than others. "Lazy" can also be defined in the amount of physical work one does. But then I doubt that the Chairman of the Board of Directors of a Muti-National Company has to work hard either. 

I think many would also agree that Rich Kids can become lazy and expect other people to do things for them. To tell you the truth that if I ever found a rich woman in my life who was willing to take care of all of my needs, and give me a nice place to live, a car, and an allowance, and never expected me to work or lift a finger, I would become lazy to. 

My observation and experience of Thai Women comes from Thai Village Life. I don't see too many being spoiled here. Mind you it is possible to take them out of the village and spoil them. Just like I would be spoiled by a rich woman.

Seems to me your experience with Thai Women and Girls is different than mine. Not sure why? Either I have good luck in finding them, or you had bad luck. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Seems to me your experience with Thai Women and Girls is different than mine. Not sure why? Either I have good luck in finding them, or you had bad luck. 

Probably because I live in a Thai middle class suburb, and the men all earn enough to pay for everything.

I expect the wife of a subsistence farmer has to work a bit harder.

• Like 1

Goldbuggy, I am with you here what regards lazy..... My strong opinion is that the thai-ladies really have to work hard in their daily life, while too many of the men are bums in my eyes, and Lao Khao-drinkers to an absurd level.

Well the experience of this guy MaeJoMTB may come from the reason that he probably is "fishing" in another "pond" here in Thailand, maybe "Pattaya".???

glegolo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I fish in the Chiang Mai university lady lake.

Of course, 55555555555555555

Reminds me of that say

"pitbulls and bargirls... but mine is different"!!!!

Really......

glegolo

Ps. NO not saying that you have a bargirl mind you...

Edited by glegolo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

So you claim you are not bitter and have never gone through a Divorce before? But then why should you be bitter since you are living in your Thai Wife's House for Free and getting a Free Ride from her now? I am sure there are many Western Women who would be happy to put you up in there house for free to and expect you to do nothing. After all, it was you who said Thai Women are not different. 

My biggest beef is you jump to conclusion my man! You know nothing about this Thai Woman other than what the Mother-in-Law said about her, but still call her leeching. She blames the Thai Wife for her and her son's dire situation right now and as you do. But really who is to blame here?

A Thai Woman who met a man 3 years ago who I don't see changed his life that much? Or a 39 year old man who has saved Zero Money in all of his life, has no assests, can't find a decent job as he may not have the skill set for a good one, but goes to Thailand for a vacation and who brings his wife back to his mother's house to live? 

I say that if you need to blame somebody then blame the Son! Or the Mother who raised him to be this way!

The subject is not me. The subject is a lazy and leeching Pattaya tart.

One thing I don't understand with you guys is that when you move to Thailand, you try to please everyone in the family because it's "Thai culture". You accept sinsod, you accept helping the brother and family and you accept going broke. Yet, when you bring a Thai to your own country... or even worse... to your mother's house, you have no guts to say now you accept my culture.

You spent paragraphs and paragraphs defending a lazy and entitled Thai woman. "she's not like Aussie bird", "The mother should make an effort", "she must feel unwelcome".

My god, have some self respect people!!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

The subject is not me. The subject is a lazy and leeching Pattaya tart.

One thing I don't understand with you guys is that when you move to Thailand, you try to please everyone in the family because it's "Thai culture". You accept sinsod, you accept helping the brother and family and you accept going broke. Yet, when you bring a Thai to your own country... or even worse... to your mother's house, you have no guts to say now you accept my culture.

You spent paragraphs and paragraphs defending a lazy and entitled Thai woman. "she's not like Aussie bird", "The mother should make an effort", "she must feel unwelcome".

My god, have some self respect people!!!!

I am just wondering that coming from a Man who thinks that every woman working in Pattaya is a Prostitute, how he became an Expert in Thai and also Australian Culture?  

Who do you know, besides perhaps yourself, who doesn't try to get along with his In-Laws in any country? Or help out if he can can and within reason? Who do you know in Australia who would throw there Son, and his wife, out on the street, when they were down in there luck, and they can provide food and sheltor for a little while and until they get back up again? 

No! This isn't about you or I! But it still seems very strange to me hearing a guy talk about he would never move into his mothers house again when he was down on his luck, while he is living in his wife's house for free and off of her.

Go Figure? 

• Haha 1

I am very close to my dad and after his divorce he would come out with my friends and I to get his mind off it, so he was seen as a father figure (my friends call him Dad). He has since re married. My Thai friends living in Australia used to not only bring food or help cook when we met up with my parents but also wash up after. Even though I live in Thailand now, 3 or 4 of them still go and visit my father/step mother regularly for dinner.

This girl really should at least be helping around the house more. Sometimes people are shy and just need a bit of a budge, so maybe invite her to help you do something. Then at least you have shown in front of your son you have tried for her. 

But, yes, you will get lazy people in every culture. I had a friend who married a guy from Venezuela. He never got a job, never helped around the house (just played computer games), never even went to the free English classes that he was offered. She loved him and worked/paid for everything, her father and brother not so much. Unfortunately, you cannot do much. Just be there when/if he finally wakes up. 

Edited by wildewillie89
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, glegolo said:

Yes living himself off his thai wife, and judging others, this guy must be one of the characters out of Emmerdale farm or something..555555555555555555555555

glegolo

Not familiar with that.... soap opera?

So, to clarify..... if I'm living off my Thai wife it's kinda natural to conclude that your Thai wives live off you.

Anyway, if my wife asks me to pick something up or wash, I enthusiastically oblige. I don't go out drinking once a week while she is at her "hiso" job, nor do I take selfies and do f all. That would be disrespecting her and treating her house like a hotel. If that was the case, I am sure she would kick me out too.

As for judging, well.... I have no other story to go by, but the one in the OP.

The Thai woman sounds entitled and lazy. Got served everything in a silver platter while "husband" and his parents are supporting her. 

Lazy. Entitled. Kick her out.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let him be. If won't take advice from family and friends, you can't do any more. He will learn a hard life lesson in time. Don't support him financially in any way. That will prolong his ignorance and maintain the status quo.