Is ThaiVisa going pear-shaped?

Grusa

I have noticed a marked deterioration in the quality of service from Thai Visa.

Maybe it's my iPad, but the newsletter email used to be waiting for me at breakfast - now it comes later in the day, sometimes not at all. Sometimes by I get two, only an hour or so between editions. When I do get it, and click on a link to a story, it takes forever to load, falls over several times, and is full of bandwidth eating advertising crap, none of which is of any interest, and full of inane graphics. 

The sidebar of adverts, the top of the page, the bottom of the page, and the middle of the page, are full of adverts and links to old articles, some very old, and to dodgy "news" sites.

I know that pay per click finances things, but really, TV has become a chore to read, not a pleasure.

I also notice that frequently many topics have only a few responses, whereas before most collected at least a page or two. Could this because the reaaders lose patience with constantly reloading content? Other topics, the sensational mostly, become top heavy with responses into the tens of pages - much too long to be bothered with, and very repetitive. The admins are very good at deleting trolls, etc., but don't the readers at least deserve to have some idea of the content of the troll post, and who posted it?

Am I alone in these thoughts? If We don't tell the admins, how can they know!

I agree with every thing you said. 

Seems many topics hardly get replies.   Also seems to be little new posts of any real interest. Can not check for a week come back and see the same topic being discussed by the same people. 

Appears the only news is suicide's, murders and road accidents. And Trump.

45 minutes ago, Grusa said:

and is full of bandwidth eating advertising crap, none of which is of any interest, and full of inane graphics. 

The sidebar of adverts, the top of the page, the bottom of the page, and the middle of the page, are full of adverts and links to old articles, some very old, and to dodgy "news" sites.

I sort of agree with what you say but at least I don't see this - depending on your choice of browser use a suitable ad blocker. Makes the experience more palatable........for me anyway  :thumbsup:

Living in a rural area with slow internet at times TV is almost unusable, like the OP says it can take minuets to load a page. Clearly advertising has become more of a priority than the content of the forum.

I think fewer people post now than in the past for many reasons. Personally I enjoy the way some topics spiral into completely irrelevant abuse. The beliefs of some people are amazing, BBQ dogs or machine gunning them to underage sex.

I particularly like the way some posters believe their sole purpose in life is winding each other up. Having said that TV is still a good way of sharing valuable experiences.

Moved to support forum.

If you are having problems receiving the newsletter please can you send me a message with your email address and we can check your subscription on our mailing list.

Tech support will look into pages being slow to load.

If you have any feedback regarding onsite advertising please email [email protected].

Thanks

On 20/02/2018 at 10:17 AM, Grusa said:

...The admins are very good at deleting trolls, etc., but don't the readers at least deserve to have some idea of the content of the troll post, and who posted it?...

No. It would be counterproductive to give "some idea of the content of the troll post"

Archived