Can Thai PR register his own company?

You are not Thai, so how should it be 100% Thai if you have shares? You answered yourself already ;)

With permanent residency you just don't have to worry about Visa stuff anymore, nearly all other things still apply for you as for every other foreigner

The PR allows you also to buy condominiums in the Thai allotment without detour through a juristic Thai person (i.e. a Co., Ltd.) - the condo though can only be resold to a natural Thai person or another PR-holder. 

As mentioned above, you cannot sit, as a PR-holder, in the Thai contingent of shareholders, i.e. you will still need the 51% non-Alien majority ........ 

• Like 1

Less hoops when trying to get a job I have always understood

But yeah, it has few other advantages than just the easy visa issues

So when you fly out you get a stamp somewhere or how does that work???

It used to be that you needed a visa/stamp/re-entry permit from your local immigration office

That's what always kept me from getting one as I travel frequently for my work....

31 minutes ago, jumbo said:

Less hoops when trying to get a job I have always understood

But yeah, it has few other advantages than just the easy visa issues

So when you fly out you get a stamp somewhere or how does that work???

It used to be that you needed a visa/stamp/re-entry permit from your local immigration office

That's what always kept me from getting one as I travel frequently for my work....

Yes re-entry is cumbersome issue, I stay in Bangkok, so have to go Chaengwattana only (can't get at airport), and the special counter and have to spend like around 5000 THB  to get reentry (its 2 stamps) if multiple entry 8000 and inform them when exactly I am coming back. If I fail to do this, the PR is just gone like that.....

23 minutes ago, ttechguy said:

Yes re-entry is cumbersome issue, I stay in Bangkok, so have to go Chaengwattana only (can't get at airport), and the special counter and have to spend like around 5000 THB  to get reentry (its 2 stamps) if multiple entry 8000 and inform them when exactly I am coming back. If I fail to do this, the PR is just gone like that.....

So any ad-hoc urgent travel is out of the order here... that's my ongoing issue

Technically nobody can own 100 per cent of a company as there must be a minimum of 3 shareholders.

In a 2 million baht company with 20,000 shares of 100 baht each one person can own 19,998 shares. A second person must own 1 share and a third person must own 1 share.

There was discussion about changing this rule so one (Thai) person could own 100 per cent of the shares, but no action as of yet.

4 hours ago, blackcab said:

Technically nobody can own 100 per cent of a company as there must be a minimum of 3 shareholders.

In a 2 million baht company with 20,000 shares of 100 baht each one person can own 19,998 shares. A second person must own 1 share and a third person must own 1 share.

There was discussion about changing this rule so one (Thai) person could own 100 per cent of the shares, but no action as of yet.

Not sure about 3 minimum.  I have a Thai American Amity Partnership with only two persons.  Also heard that sole ownership for Amity treaty was also possible but more difficult because of visa issues.  Those visa issues would no longer be applicable now that I am a PR.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 12:29 PM, blackcab said:

This ' minimum of 3 shareholders' relates to a free hold company,  foreign owners only..

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

That's incorrect. It applies to Thai citizens too.

I really don't know what you mean by "free hold company".

1) I wasn't talking about Thai citizens and you might be correct

2) Google

• Like 1