Having a thai bank account

Dear All

Does anyone know if it will make approval of multiple tourist visas (e.g. preferably dual entry over a 2 year period) easier if I have a Thai Bank account and take bank statements when re-applying - showing money transferred in from my savings in the UK ?  

I am hoping to get B2B Tourists in a neighbouring country, e.g. Laos or Malaysia.

T.I.A

Dan.

Danbo,

Thailand does not have "multiple entry tourist visas", single double or triple entries are most common.

There is (normally) no need to show bank statement for obtaining a Tourist visa at a Thai consulate/Embassy.

Non-Immigrant "O" visas (support, retirement etc) and "B" (Business visa) can be issued with multiple entries.

Not sure I understand your questions though, a bit confusing. Are you going to work or not? Could you clarify please?

Thanks for the replies - to clarify:

By multiple I meant two entries to L.O.S on a tourist visa, i.e. 6 months total inc. two 30 day extensions ( I would have made it a lot clearer by not using multiple  :o  )

Re.  Plans:  I would like to stay without working for about two years.  I am not keen on in/outs every 30 days (the novelty soon wears off) and do not wish to hand my passport over for a "grey Non-Immigrant B".  So, I would like to B2B tourist visas - requiring 4 double entry or 8 single entry in order to make two years.  I have read threads which state that "local" embassies and consulates are not keen on issuing tourist visas if the applicant has previously had them.

Ideally I would like to take a week's trip to Laos, Malaysia etc every 3 or 6 months to have another tourist visa "rubber stamped".  I was wondering if there were any actions I could take, e.g. Thai Bank a/c which would make things easier and more reliable.

NB:  Just to add some confusion.  I plan to complete a BSc degree  whilst here (distance learning from a UK based university) - any scope for a Student's Visa ??

Thanks Again

Dan.

Get a multiple Non-Immigrant visa with multiple entries instead(vaild for 12+3 months) at any visa friendly Thai consulate.

These consulates are visa friendly, and give multies without heavy paperwork according to earlier postings:

Hull, UK

Brisbane, AUS

Houston, USA

Going as a tourist for 2 years will make the Immigration suspicious. My 2 baht.