Sonkran -when?

Lost in LOS

I am trying to avoid being here for Sonkran. I won't fare well with agressive people in my face throwing water at me. I am trying to find out the start and finish since I keep getting different opinions. I understand from some it will last 3 days and from others it will last 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me the approximate range so i can book a plane and be out of country at the time. I live in Jomtien if that is a factor

thanks in advance

Jimmy

I'm with Jimmy on this. I'll be booking a fast plane out of Thailand that week.

The traditional and respectful sprinkling I can live with, and really like. The full-scale water wars I can live without, particularly when it's done by drunk farang and their yabba-d up bar girl conquest from the night before who think it's all a bit of fun. It aint.

Edited by bendix

unlike bangkok which i can put up with where songkran is just 3 days, songkran in pattaya/jomtien lasts for a week and you are basically a prisoner in your own house during the daytime for the week, it is just too bloody dangerous to ride a motorbike and even a short trip in a car will take hours. Like many others i head over to Angeles for the week. Good luck

BB

I am trying to avoid being here for Sonkran. I won't fare well with agressive people in my face throwing water at me. I am trying to find out the start and finish since I keep getting different opinions. I understand from some it will last 3 days and from others it will last 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me the approximate range so i can book a plane and be out of country at the time. I live in Jomtien if that is a factor

thanks in advance

Jimmy

On the 5th day, God invented the west, on the 6th day he invented western passports :o praise the lord !!