Suvarnabhumi to get low-price food corner next month

webfact

Suvarnabhumi to get low-price food corner next month

By The Nation

Suvarnabhumi Airport will open a new low-price food corner in the airport compound next month, a deputy director of the airport said on Thursday.

Dalad Asavet, deputy director of Suvarnahbumi Airport, said the new corner will be an in addition to the operation of low-price shops at the Magic Food Point inside the passenger building.

She said the new food corner will be outside the passenger building and will be located on the eastern side next to a park, over 100 to 120 square metres.

The new corner will have small shops selling food priced at Bt30 and above per dish and drinking water will be sold at Bt30 per bottle.

Passengers will have to walk out of the passenger building and towards Suvarnabhumi Police Station.

She said the new corner could cater to about 150 to 200 passengers at the same time, adding it would be ready in March.

The airport will also increase the Magic Food Point corner area on the ground floor by 50 square metres so that it could cater to more passengers, Dalad added.

She said the expanded area of the Magic Food Point corner would be ready in time for the Songkran Festival in April.

She said the Magic Food Point zone will be called Airport Street Food in line with the policy of Deputy Transport Minister Pailin Chuchottaworn.

The information on low-price food shops will also be added to electronic guide kiosks at the airport, she added.

She added that the airport is waiting for median prices of foods from the Office of the Ombudsman to ensure that shops in the airport would not sell foods at rates higher than 25 per cent of the prices at shopping malls.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30339435

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-22

6 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

That's the one, the one that is easy to get to but hard to get back to arrivals or departures as one and only escalator is for airport staff only and passengers have to cram into a small lift to go back upstairs.

Why are the escalators in the terminal are not for passengers is beyond me it is ridiculous.

It's not that it's a special escalator just for staff to annoy people like you or that Suvarnabhumi is so backward they don't let passengers use escalators;  that escalator you refer to goes straight into the arrival area where there is a constant flow of passengers coming out.  For the same reason that (quite large) lift doesn't stop on that floor either, nor can you enter the airport on that level from doors 4-6 as you'd be clashing with the flow exiting the area.  It actually makes sense.  You can enter the arrivals hall at either end of the airport so you there isn't chaos with people coming in where thousands of people are flowing out.

At least that's what I think you're referring to.  Apologies if you are talking about somewhere else.

5 hours ago, 1337markus said:

THAINESS!

So an airport charges high rents and so items cost more than in the city.  That is pure THAI GREED!!

Doesn't happen in any other airport around the world because that wouldn't equate to THAI GREED!!  (Don't forget the CAPS)!

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2018 at 1:37 AM, josephbloggs said:

So an airport charges high rents and so items cost more than in the city.  That is pure THAI GREED!!

Doesn't happen in any other airport around the world because that wouldn't equate to THAI GREED!!  (Don't forget the CAPS)!

You must not have been to many airports.

ALL the ones i have been to charge more than outside shops.

5 hours ago, bridge2bridge said:

You must not have been to many airports.

ALL the ones i have been to charge more than outside shops.

Yes, I know.  I was pointing out that most airports do this.  It is an airport thing worldwide and can't be attributed to the "Thai Greed" our other poster so wishes it could be.

• 1 month later...