Translate Thai birth cert into English in Pattaya?

LuckyLucas

I posted this a few weeks ago:

A few years back now, so not sure if the office is still there. But I used 'Soi Post Office Translation' to translate a Thai birth certificate required for a UK passport application. Can't recall the cost but believe it was quite reasonable. The office is located at the Beach Road end and on the left side headed to the beach.

12 hours ago, Forkinhades said:

Any decent lawyer can do for you. Make sure you get the official stamp from Chang Wattana. Which should be included in the price.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Right - official stamps probably needed.  In that vein perhaps there is a private visa service office near Jomtien Immigration that has frequent contact with Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get such official stamps.  We have such a private visa service office in Chiang Mai (Star Visa) near US Consulate & they are big time savers for getting things done correctly at reasonable worthwhile cost.

CW stamp not needed when I submitted the translated BC for a UK passport. The translation was stamped by the translation company, that's all. This was about 10 years back when applications were still being dealt with at the Embassy. So requirements may have changed since then.  

A translation is nothing more than an a4 piece of paper with the same info and same formatting as the Thai original, right?

i could get one of Thai teacher friends to translate it to English and make it up in Microsoft word the same as the original and take it to Chaney wattana for authentification, right?

i know there would be mistakes but in theory if it was perfectly translated by a regular joe and submitted with the Thai original, Chang wattana would stamp it?

(not sure if I'm being really naive)

LL

Do you get an accepted stamp with the place in jomtien? I heard there is a stamp but it's from the translation company....

is this stamp accepted by the uk embassy as part of an application for a first child's passport or do I need to get further validation with a stamp from Thai immigration in bkk (Chang wattana)?  (As suggested by the gentleman above)

many thanks for the replIes

LL

Thanks, that's good enough for me. I was quoted 400 for the translation or 5000 for them to go to CW and get me the stamp. I've been to CW before and it's a minor hinderance.  So I'll take the BC and translated BC up there for a validation stamp myself.