Best Way in Chiang Mai to sell a Car

ajnamoon

Many place cars for sale on the FB Buy & Sell/2nd hand groups....Not sure of how successful they are....

Bhat & Sold is another source...

If the car has value Expat Auto can merchandise them for a fee....

Not sure how you could successfully tap the Thai market....

Expat Auto for sure if it is under 5 years old and in great condition. They will thoroughly check it, fix it if necessary and certify it and give a warranty.

Otherwise social media, or park it somewhere (legally) with good passing traffic with a FS sign and telephone number.

The so called 'tents' that sell second hand cars all over CM will offer you a low price and most don't do any checks. They are the last resort.

kaidee dot com is easiest. get someone who can read thai to help with the process. Facebook the other place, there are some thai groups again get someone who can type thai to search for them. There are some farang groups look for second hand car chiang mai, cars for sale chiang mai. 

2 hours ago, tigerbeer said:

kaidee dot com is easiest. get someone who can read thai to help with the process. Facebook the other place, there are some thai groups again get someone who can type thai to search for them. There are some farang groups look for second hand car chiang mai, cars for sale chiang mai. 

Will check out Kaidee  already posted on facebook buy and sell  one week   also on baht sold featured  ad  300 views but no offers   not asking too much as checked out local car dealers for   price guidelines  car very low mileage 

23 minutes ago, ajnamoon said:

Will check out Kaidee  already posted on facebook buy and sell  one week   also on baht sold featured  ad  300 views but no offers   not asking too much as checked out local car dealers for   price guidelines  car very low mileage 

what car are you selling?

kaidee.com, facebook, sign on the car - parked legally. I'm not so sure it's worth posting in English. Maybe...  We sold a car a couple of years ago and posted in both languages. We got 1 inquiry from English speakers (Chinese) and 50 or more from Thai speakers.

I've never heard anyone ever make a sale on Baht and Sold. Does anyone really look at it? Maybe many years ago....

4 minutes ago, Finnc99 said:

How much did you pay for it? Because the 2018 model is showing up as 450k-600k brand new.

SORRY TYPING ERROR       270000 baht  ONO    automatic   petrol   5 years old April 1 owner    paid new 460000  from Mitsubitshi showroom

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A reasonable price for the mileage, should sell reasonably quickly.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A reasonable price for the mileage, should sell reasonably quickly.

You would think so but still waiting for any reasonable offers 2 weeks on

2 minutes ago, ajnamoon said:

You would think so but still waiting for any reasonable offers 2 weeks on

Thais are fixated on new. Probably better off selling in the farang market. Although if it is black or red, you have a problem.

• 1 month later...
On 26/02/2018 at 8:17 AM, DGS1244 said:

Facebook, took me 1 hour to sell mine.

While i have a FB account i rarely use it .. if not too basic a request could you plse explain the process on using FB to sell a car in Chiangmai??

Much appreciated.