Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Some comments from her campaign people on the gofundme page.................

"Don, We don’t delete nothing or run from anyone or anything. We don’t live with fear like a coward like yourself. You think it is ok to come onto my friends fundraising campaign and talk shit you scumbag when you don’t even know any of us? You are a punk ass dirty little troll. This goes for the rest of you stupid motherf***kers who don’t know any of us."

"Do you need to shut your fat ignorant mouth!!! Do you know these beautiful women? How bout some of the rest of you clowns??? You people are a disgrace to make filthy assumptions about my friends. It’s simple common sense dumbf*cks!!! They found money on the side of the road that turned out to be counterfeit. Are these women supposed to know what counterfeit looks like dumbf*cks? You people need to shut you face and get the <deleted> off this campaign that is supporting our friends coming back home promptly. Don’t you dare attack Brandon you freakin douchebags!!! Wow what a bunch of cruel and ignorant motherf*ckers to challenge any statement on this campaign."

I thought that those people were disgusting to say those things that way. However nobody can control how people choose to promote themselves. Doesn't prove it is a scam. It proves that guy is an ass****

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Some comments from her campaign people on the gofundme page.................

"Don, We don’t delete nothing or run from anyone or anything. We don’t live with fear like a coward like yourself. You think it is ok to come onto my friends fundraising campaign and talk shit you scumbag when you don’t even know any of us? You are a punk ass dirty little troll. This goes for the rest of you stupid motherf***kers who don’t know any of us."

"Do you need to shut your fat ignorant mouth!!! Do you know these beautiful women? How bout some of the rest of you clowns??? You people are a disgrace to make filthy assumptions about my friends. It’s simple common sense dumbf*cks!!! They found money on the side of the road that turned out to be counterfeit. Are these women supposed to know what counterfeit looks like dumbf*cks? You people need to shut you face and get the <deleted> off this campaign that is supporting our friends coming back home promptly. Don’t you dare attack Brandon you freakin douchebags!!! Wow what a bunch of cruel and ignorant motherf*ckers to challenge any statement on this campaign."

I thought that those people were disgusting to say those things that way. However nobody can control how people choose to promote themselves. Doesn't prove it is a scam. It proves that guy is an ass****

3 minutes ago, Makara said:

I want to be clear, nobody from this situation asked me to come on here. I did this on my own, after much concern on reading this thread. I came here to talk to all of you from my understanding. I still also have questions. I did not come on here to talk for them. I want to be a bridge however anyway I can though. 

Thank-you, we do appreciate you being here .

There have been so many questions an no answers .

All the info given by them has been so vague .

*We are staying somewhere, with some people and we have to go to Court sometime and we could go to jail*

There is nothing that can be confirmed to prove that they even got arrested .

No local news reports or Police statement .

Thai media report everything about foreigners getting arrested , there have recently been media reports about foreigners doing wheelies on motorbikes and urinating by the road , this story would have been reported , 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Makara said:

Is there proof that they have not been arrested? I am curious if this can be public knowledge. They can't leave Thailand is my understanding, and their passports have been held. 

Many attempts to find details indicates that the matter has never been reported to the Thai police nor the US embassy and attempts to find out where they are being held draw a total blank.

And the ultra polite brandon has requested that people don't report it to the police. 

2 minutes ago, Makara said:

Shows the calibre of their friends though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Makara said:

For me it seems this friendly gentleman is a friend of these two angels ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

'...will be answered in a hearing...'

What hearing?

Many comments indicate clearly that this matter has never been reported to the police or the US embassy.

So please share what you know about the 'hearing'; where, when, what Thai or US govt., agencies involved. Perhaps the very very polite man brandon can provide this information.

So this is where I have questions--and it seems this doesn't usually happen but can... They got out on bail, and are awaiting next step is what I understand. Now, I would like to hear if anyone knows more about bail before a hearing. Cause I am curious as well. Like I am saying I don't know that side and would like to know more.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

That is what I said :

The Police can arrest you and keep you for 48 hours , then they have to put you in Court and they decide your fate

I think you're referring to the "show cause" hearing that has to occur within 48 hours after arrest.  Technically the police have to do this, but rarely (if ever) is someone released after 48 hours where the police claim they need more time to gather evidence.  It's essentially a rubber stamp process by the courts that can go on and on for an additional 84 days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Does it matter where they found it? What are you thinking? Remote road is worse as more likely it came from a poorer person "on a bike" as you suggested.

They stole it! That's if it's counterfeit.

If spirit money, they are definitely criminals.

If you do have a line to them, perhaps you can let them know that a local SIM card costs between US$0.60 and US$1.55. No need to depend on "limited WiFi".

Just so we are clear I am not defending their choices at all.

4 minutes ago, Makara said:

So this is where I have questions--and it seems this doesn't usually happen but can... They got out on bail, and are awaiting next step is what I understand. Now, I would like to hear if anyone knows more about bail before a hearing. Cause I am curious as well. Like I am saying I don't know that side and would like to know more.

So if the police have never been involved in any way, how come they are 'out on bail'?

Further, if the folks in the US are concerned about these girls going to jail, then why is brandon so strongly asking locals to not contact the Thai police of the local US embassy?

Edited by scorecard

Just now, Makara said:

And I was clarifying where they found it for everyone. A lot of people were saying different things, other than where they actually found it btw.

Just now, Makara said:

And I was clarifying where they found it for everyone. A lot of people were saying different things, other than where they actually found it btw.

1 hour ago, OldSiamHand said:

You seem to know a lot of the facts we are questioning.  How?  For example, how do you know that the girls had no criminal background?  How do you know that the events in california are unrelated to the events in Thailand (e.g. that the girls are unrelated to the accused fellow from CA)?  How do you know that they found the money in cambodia? 

This person answered those questions a couple of posts back. The posts are a bit long but they have a lot of info. I'm not saying if it's all true or not. I'm just saying the info is there.

12 minutes ago, Makara said:

Is there proof that they have not been arrested? I am curious if this can be public knowledge. They can't leave Thailand is my understanding, and their passports have been held. 

As far as I'm aware , the Police do not keep your passport , as you are legally required to show it upon request . 

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

So if the police have never been involved in any way, how come they are 'out on bail'?

Further, if the folks in the US are concerned about these girls going to jail, then why is brandon so strongly asking locals to not contact the Thai police of the local US embassy?

From what I know there was a lot, like a lot of people calling the US Embassy. It wasn't that they didn't want them to call them and ask questions, it was that the US Embassy had been overflowed with phone calls already `because of the concern. As far as the Thai police I never saw him state that or I don't remember. I mean can I call the Thai police and expect to get answers from on going case? Can they make that info public. Serious question.

1 minute ago, Makara said:

From what I know there was a lot, like a lot of people calling the US Embassy. It wasn't that they didn't want them to call them and ask questions, it was that the US Embassy had been overflowed with phone calls already `because of the concern. As far as the Thai police I never saw him state that or I don't remember. I mean can I call the Thai police and expect to get answers from on going case? Can they make that info public. Serious question.

No comment needed.

9 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

I think you're referring to the "show cause" hearing that has to occur within 48 hours after arrest.  Technically the police have to do this, but rarely (if ever) is someone released after 48 hours where the police claim they need more time to gather evidence.  It's essentially a rubber stamp process by the courts that can go on and on for an additional 84 days.

We are both saying the same thing , a "show case" hearing in Court IS a court case .

My point being that the Police cannot arrest you and keep you longer than 48 hours without going to Court (to get it extended)

• Like 1

This story :sleepy:

It is getting more and more absurd by the hour. 

One thing I find truly amazing / confusing / baffling is that they are American. They will have used $ for their entire life. They randomly stumble across a load of notes in the mud in the sticks of Cambodia, yet neither of them have the nous or the common sense to work out that the notes might be counterfeit.

A quick Google search would have given them some answers as to the use of $ in Cambodia. 

I don't think they are criminals per se, but they are absolutely thick as s ***. 

9 minutes ago, Makara said:

So, you know for sure where they found it ?

It has been suggested that they "found" it on a grave in Cambodia, where it was left

6 minutes ago, smx1313 said:

This person answered those questions a couple of posts back. The posts are a bit long but they have a lot of info. I'm not saying if it's all true or not. I'm just saying the info is there.

I thought that might be the case, but I've scoured the past two days' of posts and couldn't find anything other than restating assertions from "Brandon" and speculation on his part as well.  No facts though.

18 minutes ago, rebo said:

For me it seems this friendly gentleman is a friend of these two angels ...

Maybe a friend of boyfriend? Maybe a friend of her?  Who knows. I don't know him nor care to. But we can't control who says what. I mean the things said on here have been pretty horrid too.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

So, you know for sure where they found it ?

It has been suggested that they "found" it on a grave in Cambodia, where it was left

No that is not true. It was found on a remote road in a small town in Cambodia strewn along a muddy road. That is what the women have stated.

6 minutes ago, Makara said:

No that is not true. It was found on a remote road in a small town in Cambodia strewn along a muddy road. That is what the women have stated.

Although Cambodia is in the middle of dry season and the roads are dry and dusty , it doesnt rain during the dry season

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Makara said:

They must have seen the money within seconds of it being dropped.There would be locals biking and walking the road constantly, yet they never saw it. The story is pure fiction.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Although Cambodia is in the middle of dry season and the roads are dry and dusty , it doesnt rain during the dry season

No answer for that. Could be an easy explanation. I believe they where backpacking...it was a desolate place where nobody was, was my understanding. 

11 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

I thought that might be the case, but I've scoured the past two days' of posts and couldn't find anything other than restating assertions from "Brandon" and speculation on his part as well.  No facts though.

There is probably away to do a search that allows you to see only the commenters posts. As they are new here there won't be many. From my recollection most of the info is in the first 2 or 3 posts which is why they are long. The poster goes over a lot of info. His/her relationship with the 2 women, their histories, a summery of their friends FB posts and the thinking behind them. Actually impressively summarized.