Arsenal

MiG16

I see that Carl Jenkinson trained with the England team on Sunday. He cant play agianst Poland (even though Walker may not be fit) and he's not yet a registered England player, having played for Finland at the U-21 level. He has though confirmed he would prefer to play for England if asked.

I like Walker as an attacking wing back, Smokes but I have this thing about wanting defenders who are good defenders (like Baines) and the attacking bit should be a bonus, not the other way around. Jenkinson is starting to look the part at the back, having beeen told by Bould to stay deeper than when he played occasionally last season (when he looked like he's a good crosser of the ball but looked naive going forward and kept getting caught out of position). Early days to be capping Jenkinson, but he's looking promising.

Slightly odd looking fella - small face that is vaguely World War era in appearance and doesn't somehow match his lanky body. Quick as hot $hit off a shovel thoughrolleyes.gif

I see that Carl Jenkinson trained with the England team on Sunday. He cant play agianst Poland (even though Walker may not be fit) and he's not yet a registered England player, having played for Finland at the U-21 level. He has though confirmed he would prefer to play for England if asked.

I like Walker as an attacking wing back, Smokes but I have this thing about wanting defenders who are good defenders (like Baines) and the attacking bit should be a bonus, not the other way around. Jenkinson is starting to look the part at the back, having beeen told by Bould to stay deeper than when he played occasionally last season (when he looked like he's a good crosser of the ball but looked naive going forward and kept getting caught out of position). Early days to be capping Jenkinson, but he's looking promising.

Slightly odd looking fella - small face that is vaguely World War era in appearance and doesn't somehow match his lanky body. Quick as hot $hit off a shovel thoughrolleyes.gif

A question for you santi; If Jenkinson looks odd to you how then would you describe Gervinho?smile.png

• Like 1

A question for you santi; If Jenkinson looks odd to you how then would you describe Gervinho?smile.png

Nah - I get up too early in the morning to let you trap me into making a non-PC comment, Carminehit-the-fan.gifbiggrin.png

Anyone actually think Norwich played very well?

For sure they did, they played as well as West Ham did against Arsenal; but this time Arsenal couldn't raise their game and get anything out of it. No doubt Wenger will blame it on fatigue, playing in Europe, etc., but that's tosh.

Yes they defended extremely well. That's the way to play Arsenal if you are not a top side - play it as an away game, so park the bus and hope to hit them on the break. Reminded me much of Sunderland.

But its difficult to find time to give credit to your opponents when all you can think about is the abject failings of your own side. Probably the worst all round performance I have seen from an Arsenal side. At least in the drubbing we got at OT last year it was simply a defensive collapse. This time it was a total failure from front to back. I can't think of any one individual who played to their normal capabilities.

Strategically Wenger got this all wrong. Started out of the traps like a blind donkey - either they assumed it was going to be a stroll or they just couldn't be @rsed. Norwich twigged that after about 15 minutes and it gave them the confidenec to send three or four forward with deserved results, albeit courtesy of a goalkeeping error. Ramsey was an absolute <deleted>(k up - Wenger just wouldn't listen to Smokie's international match report! Should have been off at half time with Arteta brought up to CM and Coquelin in the holding role or Cazorla as CAM and Ox on the right, switching Gervinho to left.

And what on earth is Wenger doing playing Cazorla on the left wing for f's sake? He looked fantastic in the first three games playing more central. For once Giroud looked as though he did not look the part of a good striker needing goals to find form, he looked like a lost soul with nothing coming down the channels, no decent balls from the line and every cross way overhit.

I could go on ..... looking at Arsene's face at half time I thought I felt a tremor of a sea change in the fortunes of Arsenal and a countdown beginning towards a new regime. But then I was watching it jetlagged (unfortunately in an Arsenal shirt in a Jomtien bar with, thankfully, only completely disinterested drunken Russians as fellow customers)

Edited by SantiSuk

For sure they did, they played as well as West Ham did against Arsenal; but this time Arsenal couldn't raise their game and get anything out of it. No doubt Wenger will blame it on fatigue, playing in Europe, etc., but that's tosh.

Apparently Norwich tackled your players and this unfairly disrupted Arsenal flow of play.

Apparently Norwich tackled your players and this unfairly disrupted Arsenal flow of play.

On many occasions, in order to win the ball, they didn't need to. Just had to wait for a donation.

Still, for once Wenger makes no excuses:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says his side were lacking desire in their 1-0 defeat at Norwich.

Grant Holt's goal gave the Canaries a first league win of the season.

"You can always find excuses when you lose a game but, overall, you have to stand up and say Norwich wanted it more than us," said Wenger.

"I believe we have to put that behind us and focus on our next game and realise that what we produced against Norwich was not good enough."

Arsenal, who had won their previous two matches, now find themselves 10 points behind top-flight leaders Chelsea.

"I wouldn't use the international break as an excuse for our defeat," said the Frenchman. "I felt that we were not in the game at the start concentration-wise and started to get into it when we were 1-0 down.

"Norwich defended well with good spirit and good organisation. We had a lot of the ball but we didn't do a lot with it. Our offensive performance was very, very poor.

"Football is a sport where, first of all, you have to be right with your concentration and I feel offensively we didn't win the decisive fights."

Arsenal's next outing is a Champions League group game against Schalke on Wednesday and Wenger confirmed winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will miss that match.

We're going to need a lot better than that to beat Schalke. Oops sorry, just so you know, that's in a competition called the Champions League. You might remember it - once.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chicog

Now you have found your level I hope you are going to look for more consistency. smile.png

Our level is not below Tottenham. Dun't be daft.

coffee1.gif

Well...we were narrowly beaten by the league leaders while you were shat on by a bunch of canaries.

Pretty much sums up yesterday I think! biggrin.png

Now you have found your level I hope you are going to look for more consistency. smile.png

coffee1.gif

Well...we were narrowly beaten by the league leaders while you were shat on by a bunch of canaries.

Yes, it was a bad day. Fortunately we tend to have a lot less of them than the pub team up the road.

smile.png

I was wondering why Wenger didn't bring on Wilshere, but I suppose a game like that might not be the best introduction after a 17-month lay off. Schalke is probably more likely, since CL refs are less like to put up with "robust" challenges and both teams know it. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an outing from the start. Ramsey looks like his mind is a million miles away from the pitch.

I was wondering why Wenger didn't bring on Wilshere, but I suppose a game like that might not be the best introduction after a 17-month lay off. Schalke is probably more likely, since CL refs are less like to put up with "robust" challenges and both teams know it. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an outing from the start. Ramsey looks like his mind is a million miles away from the pitch.

Its going to take a good couple of months for Wilshire to get back to his former self. Theres no way on earth sugar puff would have brought him on yesterday. He's probably just integrating back in the squad

Its going to take a good couple of months for Wilshire to get back to his former self. Theres no way on earth sugar puff would have brought him on yesterday. He's probably just integrating back in the squad

In the league maybe. I doubt he'd want him playing against QPR next week, we know they are already fighting a relegation battle. But the Champions League is a different beast.

Blah hambug

Better get our act together

If there is one thing that irks me about Wenger's teams it's that sometimes they need a rocket up their arse and he's too nice to do it. He should stand back and leave it to Bouldy when they are putting in so little effort.

coffee1.gif

Narrowly beaten?! Hahaha, now there is a new level of delusion. Hahaha.

No doubt Wenger will blame it on fatigue, playing in Europe, etc., but that's tosh.

Well it certainly couldn't be travel related fatigue. They flew a 14 minute flight from Luton Airport to Norwich last saturday. That is bladdy ridiculous.

Most of our first team squad are internationals; perhaps you missed International week? It was that week when there wasn't any proper football on.

No doubt Wenger will blame it on fatigue, playing in Europe, etc., but that's tosh.

Well it certainly couldn't be travel related fatigue. They flew a 14 minute flight from Luton Airport to Norwich last saturday. That is bladdy ridiculous.

Most of our first team squad are internationals; perhaps you missed International week? It was that week when there wasn't any proper football on.

Nope. Didn't miss international week at all, most of ours are international players as well. My reply was tongue in cheek about Arsenal flying 14 minutes to Norwich. We played at West Brom but didn't fly to Midlands.

The players insisted on flying. They needed the air miles to get to the next level of privileges. Wenger is not too au fait with English geography and was told it was somewhere near Newcastle.

Lets hope for a return to form - we'll need it to get the three points out of Shalke that would see us on a comfortable qualifiction path. Can't see much joy for us in the League this year, so a good CL and FAC is essential, or Wenger hits the road (in my dreams).

On many occasions, in order to win the ball, they didn't need to. Just had to wait for a donation.

Still, for once Wenger makes no excuses:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says his side were lacking desire in their 1-0 defeat at Norwich.

Grant Holt's goal gave the Canaries a first league win of the season.

"You can always find excuses when you lose a game but, overall, you have to stand up and say Norwich wanted it more than us," said Wenger.

"I believe we have to put that behind us and focus on our next game and realise that what we produced against Norwich was not good enough."

Arsenal, who had won their previous two matches, now find themselves 10 points behind top-flight leaders Chelsea.

"I wouldn't use the international break as an excuse for our defeat," said the Frenchman. "I felt that we were not in the game at the start concentration-wise and started to get into it when we were 1-0 down.

"Norwich defended well with good spirit and good organisation. We had a lot of the ball but we didn't do a lot with it. Our offensive performance was very, very poor.

"Football is a sport where, first of all, you have to be right with your concentration and I feel offensively we didn't win the decisive fights."

Arsenal's next outing is a Champions League group game against Schalke on Wednesday and Wenger confirmed winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will miss that match.

We're going to need a lot better than that to beat Schalke. Oops sorry, just so you know, that's in a competition called the Champions League. You might remember it - once.

thumbsup.gif

How right you were. giggle.gif

• Like 1