Arsenal

MiG16

good result for the gunners tonight !

a bit fortunate with the first goal and the second was a real dubious affair, but even so stuck to theirs guns well and added the third and forth in the last 10 minutes of the game. thought the keeper did well and nice to see theo bag a couple, plus a couple of the youngsters get a run out as well.

see barton hasn't lost any of his edge when things start to go pear shaped. the look on wengers face said it all.

oh but wait a minute, surely not. no cant have any such talk on this forum about opposing sides players kicking lumps of shit out of the arsenal team when they get played off the park, now can we. that just wouldn't be on now would it . whistling.gifwink.gif

Joey Barton....football?.....I don't think so tigger......try again mate.

At least it brings down your sending off average.......no doubt only until the weekend however.

Interesting to see Sarkozy II pick a strong side for this one....he knows he's gone if there's no trophy by May.

Pressure must be getting to him I reckon.

Getting to you as well.....touchy?? :D

good result for the gunners tonight !

a bit fortunate with the first goal and the second was a real dubious affair, but even so stuck to theirs guns well and added the third and forth in the last 10 minutes of the game. thought the keeper did well and nice to see theo bag a couple, plus a couple of the youngsters get a run out as well.

see barton hasn't lost any of his edge when things start to go pear shaped. the look on wengers face said it all.

oh but wait a minute, surely not. no cant have any such talk on this forum about opposing sides players kicking lumps of shit out of the arsenal team when they get played off the park, now can we. that just wouldn't be on now would it . whistling.gifwink.gif

Joey Barton....football?.....I don't think so tigger......try again mate.

At least it brings down your sending off average.......no doubt only until the weekend however.

Interesting to see Sarkozy II pick a strong side for this one....he knows he's gone if there's no trophy by May.

Pressure must be getting to him I reckon.

Getting to you as well.....touchy?? :D

It is Asrenals most realistic chance of a trophy along with the FA cup. Two years ago Wenger did'nt give a toss about the worthless cup but it seems Hill-Wood et al now care very much it would appear. This was shown by the team selection against us last month. Wenger also promised the shareholders silverware last season and came up short.

Hope you don't get Manure next. :D

I missed the last 10 minutes but there certainly wasnt anyone kicking lumps out of the Arsenal team, Arsenal have got one of the worst red/yellow card records this season lots of Paul Scholes-esq tackles from what ive seen,

Notwithstanding the negativity against Arsenal, we are in the last 8 for the eight year in a row.

This year against BPL teams away I might add, guess who? :whistling:

Not bad for a team that rotates so many players in this competition.

Manure next no problem. Our Mexican against theirs, might be interesting.

BTW Mig16 not 16 the score was 0 - 4 :jap::rolleyes::jap:

Yermanee

I missed the last 10 minutes but there certainly wasnt anyone kicking lumps out of the Arsenal team, Arsenal have got one of the worst red/yellow card records this season lots of Paul Scholes-esq tackles from what ive seen,

no its just that barton started to get a little hot under the collar throwing the odd rash challenge in as things started to go wrong for the magpies and you could see the irritation setting in his face. put one in on one of our young lads who had gone about his business very well all night and could hardly stand up after being doubled teamed by barton and one of the other newcastle players. and the kid didnt look the type that would lay on the floor and make the most of it. all credit to him though, he got up, shook himself down and got on with the game.

Sounds like Barton, thing is on the whole i wouldnt say the player is dirty just every now and then he does stupid things but as its Barton with his reputation it gets highlighted.

Wenger has a point about teams intent on roughing up the opposition instead of playing football, but he's always been a hypocrite when his players do it so it ruins his argument.

Whats with all these adverts theyre destorying whats been a cracking 20 minutes of football 7 adverts so far ... it cant cost that much to buy the rights to the CC.

They have to show 7 adverts per half. Sometimes they cram them in as early as possible and then have the rest of the half with no ads, and sometimes they stretch them out evenly over the whole half.

They are not allowed by the ad companies to show the ads at half-time, and the contract only covers normal time, so extra-time and penalties are ad-free.

Edited by delboy

Sounds like Barton, thing is on the whole i wouldnt say the player is dirty just every now and then he does stupid things but as its Barton with his reputation it gets highlighted.

Wenger has a point about teams intent on roughing up the opposition instead of playing football, but he's always been a hypocrite when his players do it so it ruins his argument.

Name me one (1) manager who condemns his own players for foul play in the BPL.

So are they all hypocrites or only the French ones ? :blink:

Yermanee

p.s. Wenger did say that Wilshere deserved his red card didn't he ?

Edited by yermanee

Yermanee

Most other managers don't have touchline tantrums everytime one of his players gets a "touch' and yet for some reason fails to see 90% of his own players' indiscretions. What manager perpetually bleats on about in press conferences? What manager managed one of the teams with the worst disciplinary records in the history of the premier league?

Hypocritical French ponce.

Most other managers don't have touchline tantrums everytime one of his players gets a "touch' and yet for some reason fails to see 90% of his own players' indiscretions. What manager perpetually bleats on about in press conferences? What manager managed one of the teams with the worst disciplinary records in the history of the premier league?

Wow, no need to get all worked up over a football manager there Carmine.

You don't like the man, fair enough, but there are people around that pay attention to what he says, and not only Arsenal fans I might add.

And I do think that him being French has a lot to do with the resentment shown towards him especially in the media.

Please let's not turn this topic into a handbag slinging match.

You don't like him, I do and let's leave it at that.

Yermanee

Wow, no need to get all worked up over a football manager there Carmine.

You don't like the man, fair enough, but there are people around that pay attention to what he says, and not only Arsenal fans I might add.

And I do think that him being French has a lot to do with the resentment shown towards him especially in the media.

Please let's not turn this topic into a handbag slinging match.

You don't like him, I do and let's leave it at that.

Yermanee

I'm not worked up.

I am purely explaining to you why how he has demonstrated on muerous occasions what a hypocrit he is.

Yes its only the French ones i was specifically picking him out because he is French.

Strange this Frenchman wasnt shaking his head when Guiterrez was clinically taken out on the edge of the box.

Allardyce, Bruce, McCarthy Coyle and Pulis whilst certainly being purveyors of the dirtiest anti football imaginable cant be accused of being hypocrites as they refer to leg breaking tackles as being part of the game and that the thugs like Henry Cattermole are honest pros ... theyre consistent in their promotion of thuggery.

You're a real soldier there Tigerfish, staying up so late. On second thoughts you probably don't live in the sticks like me, so staying up is normal and sociable.

Yeah - we seem to be on a roll, though I had better stick with my last season postings that I don't really give a ... about the Carling Cup (or the FA Cup for that matter), unless for second team training purposes. It shows in his team selection last night that Wenger doesn't really believe we can win the EPL or CL until he makes a few more changes, and neither do I luv em though I do.

How about that (the 'bit of a roll' claim) for setting myself up for ridicule by the usual suspects visiting this thread. I can tolerate a bit of baiting from Reds and Blues fans, but anyone else (on the basis that their team might just squeeze into the running for the first time in a few decades?). Give me a break.

OK thank you gentlemen.

I've learned my lesson.

I can't say it was a pleasure, but as from now I'll stick to reading the Arsenal Topic only.

Have a nice day.

Yemanee

no ! no ! yermanee, dont you see its all part of their master-plan. wink.gif they like it when the arsenal thread goes all quiet. plus the fact that if too many of us post and gather together we might actually get our views noticed and realized. then the post count goes up and above theres. laugh.gif

they go to any extreme lengths to get one over on the old enemy and be above us for the first time in anything. whistling.gif

best to keep posting and rattle their bucket, then they might have to go back to their own measly thread and admit defeat. which shouldn't be too much of a problem seeing as they are so used to that kind of thing wink.gif start looking inwards at the problems that lay on their own doorstep. biggrin.gif instead of nit picking on the mighty gunners thread. wink.gif

You're a real soldier there Tigerfish, staying up so late. On second thoughts you probably don't live in the sticks like me, so staying up is normal and sociable.

Another true Arse supporter :( .

I think santisuk posts some decent stuff but i did start to smirk when i read that line. :D

Yermanee

p.s. Wenger did say that Wilshere deserved his red card didn't he ?

It would have been rather difficult to have said otherwise about the Wilshire "assault" ;), would'nt it. :)

Another true Arse supporter :( .

I think santisuk posts some decent stuff but i did start to smirk when i read that line. :D

Well its obvious now innit......SantiSuk is tigerfish's mum. ;):D

" Hypocritical Ponce ", Carmine gives me " line of the week "..:D

& here's the HP in action..

In the interests of balance, here's Carmine's and MSingh's ol' Harry being interviewed by Sky Sports :D

Tantrum:

Edited by katana

In the interests of balance, here's Carmine's and MSingh's ol' Harry being interviewed by Sky Sports :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Your spot on there Trigger.

Edited by alfieconn

The difference between Arri's and Arse's tantrums are that a majority of Arse's are with other football managers which tell you something about the man :whistling: .

Arsenal vs WEst Ham tonight

and I get to watch it with my favorite Arsenal fan :D

(and no Im not talking about myself...Im not THAT much of a narcissist...yet :P )

tantrum:

The difference between Arri's and Arse's tantrums are that a majority of Arse's are with other football managers which tell you something about the man :whistling: .

And what, in your estimable opinion alfieklutz, is that?

Edited by katana