Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 hour ago, aright said:

Learn the language.

"Getting Quilty"......like sleeping in  bed together.

Strange, Google nor urban dictionary know this expression. Only scousers would know 'quilt', but I'm sure you're not going down that road.

Nauseus, thanks for the admission.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps there are reasons to question a Bloomberg graph, who knows?!

But surely even the most rabid of Brexiteers here in Thailand have no problem understanding the significant drop in the GBP/THB exchange rate since the referrendum.

A price worth paying ?

The pound has been dropping for yonks.

The price?..Buy some wooly underwear and try wintering in UK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Of course. I thought that was inferred. Did you think it was 1.40?

You quoted 1.40 and 1.14 but confused the currencies.

As the pound was 1.40 against the dollar, the euro was 1.23 against the dollar, as I said in the first place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Strange, Google nor urban dictionary know this expression. Only scousers would know 'quilt', but I'm sure you're not going down that road.

Nauseus, thanks for the admission.

I am always ready to acknowledge my errors. Everyone should do the same. :smile:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Why hasn't the UK triggered article 127 yet ? last day today otherwise it's a very soft Brexit but then the government knows that already. Makes getting back in again in 10 years time so much easier.:smile:

No "Trigger" needed.

The UK was in the EEA before we joined the Common Market.

The EEA is a trade agreement: not a unified, control orientated, corrupt, undemocratic and expansionist bureaucratic dictatorship.

I am in favour of the UK rejoining the EEA (after the UK leaves the EU), and we will be welcomed back without any doubt as the offer has already been made.

Keep up!

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

24 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

No "Trigger" needed.

The EEA is a trade agreement: not a unified, control orientated, corrupt, undemocratic and expansionist bureaucratic dictatorship.

I am in favour of the UK rejoining the EEA (after the UK leaves the EU), and we will be welcomed back without any doubt as the offer has already been made.

Keep up!

https://www.ft.com/content/16b50be8-161c-38d3-83b8-14b04faa9580

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am a Brexiteer and not only do I NOT get dole money, I never did.

I did what most people of my generation did.

I worked for my money.

I never got them either.

drink some herbal tea and calm down, it wasn't meant seriously, I will put a smiley on it, here :smile:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

No "Trigger" needed.

Keep up!

You almost ran out of adjectives there, is that a no to the EU ?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grouse said:

Interesting plot

You can see the 2008/9 crisis and the Brexit vote crisis

The labels are confused (possibly intentionally)

Overall result is that, post Brexit, we are flatlining

It makes no difference using zero or 100 for a reference point (or 99 or -13!). It's just for ease of interpretation.

It's easy enough to hide the parts of the graph that were posted originally in order to make the associated point, just by lengthening the timescale and stretching the graph, it's an old con trick! The title of the graph is the Brexit Barometer, how the UK economy has changed. The title of the graph is not, the UK economy since the year 2000!

What I posted originally is this: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-27/brexit-is-a-year-away-here-s-what-s-happening-in-the-u-k

What the above link shows is, (now read slowly everyone because this is really tricky), a graph showing how the economy has changed since Brexit where 100 is par - I'll say that again, where 100 is par at the start of the graph in the timeframe shown which starts at 2015 (not 2000) - I'm sorry if that continues to cause some posters confusion but I can't say it in simpler terms. Regardless of what the units do or not imply the relative plots on the graph shows the story that the article is trying to convey and this is supported by the narrative, indeed, there are words in the article in addition to the picture!

As said this is not a debate, it's an ego trip for a few lonely posters where Brexit is simply the excuse to hide behind whilst display appalling behaviour - to be useful it needs to change or be controlled.

Edited by simoh1490
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, aright said:

Nice to see good quality journalistic pieces written by independent and objective journalists. :cheesy:

"Simon Heffer - Since 2016, he has formed part of the political advisory board of Leave Means Leave".

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Evidence is slowly emerging that top US Republican donors purportedly invested in the Brexit campaign.  There may also be some Russian connections to those donors and their money infusions into Brexit.  Stay tuned.  A couple notes:

>>>  Putin and Russian heavies wanted Brexit, because it weakens the EU, and makes it a bit easier for Russia to re-cobble remnants of their once-mighty USSR territories.

>>>  It's easy for a multi-billionaire political manipulators (like US hard-right Russia-friendly Americans) to infuse money into the Brexit campaign.  They can disguise money as corporate investments as opposed to political donations.  Plus, top US donors don't need to make money - they're already multi-billionaires.

It's similar to what I predicted for many months.  Because Russian officialdom has always been in favor of Brexit, it's not surprising that they would do clandestine activities to further their goal.  Brit voters, like Americans, are easy to manipulate.  One big (but not the only) factor:  Facebook.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

It's easy enough to hide the parts of the graph that were posted originally in order to make the associated point, just by lengthening the timescale and stretching the graph, it's an old con trick! The title of the graph is the Brexit Barometer, how the UK economy has changed. The title of the graph is not, the UK economy since the year 2000!

What I posted originally is this: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-27/brexit-is-a-year-away-here-s-what-s-happening-in-the-u-k

What the above link shows is, (now read slowly everyone because this is really tricky), a graph showing how the economy has changed since 2015 where 100 is par - I'll say that again, where 100 is par at the start of the graph in the timeframe shown which starts at 2015 (not 2000) - I'm sorry if that continues to cause some posters confusion but I can't say it in simpler terms. Regardless of what the units do or not imply the relative plots on the graph shows the story that the article is trying to convey and this is supported by the narrative, indeed, there are words in the article in addition to the picture!

As said this is not a debate, it's an ego trip for a few lonely posters where Brexit is simply the excuse to hide behind whilst display appalling behaviour - to be useful it needs to change or be controlled.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, transam said:

So are you saying a Brit in the building trade, you know the blokes who built your house because you can't, are in some way below you and remoaners status...?

I'm not getting into this one other than to try and help provide some clarity but there's a useful article below which may help shed some light on the subject, or not. https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/06/how-did-different-demographic-groups-vote-eu-referendum

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, transam said:

So are you saying a Brit in the building trade, you know the blokes who built your house because you can't, are in some way below you and remoaners status...?

I don't have a house in the UK. We are all here to do what we are all here to do.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't have a house in the UK. We are all here to do what we are all here to do.

You had one in Germany....?

You spent most of your life in Germany. I reckon that's why your stance on stuff, you perhaps have lost the Brit thing eh...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

You had one in Germany....?

You spent most of your life in Germany. I reckon that's why your stance on stuff, you perhaps have lost the Brit thing eh...

Yes I had one in Germany. My brother-in-law worked on the building sites as a bricklayer in Munich but the lack of intellect amongst his workmates made him depressive so he took out a loan from the bank and studied, he is still in the building trade but in management. I don't know what a Brit thing is, is it different from a German thing or a French thing?

• Sad 1