Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The retaliatory response to the Russian attack is mandated. Nato nations do not have a choice in the matter.

I think expected is a better word. The attack in Salisbury could not be defined as an act of war. 

Also the scale of the retaliatory response is not defined but important.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The ASEAN principals were written with a specific purpose of allowing the elite in each ASAEN nation to have a free hand to do whatever they wish without outside interference. 

The people who suffer are the poor and powerless who cannot ask for anyone to defend or stand up for their rights. 

You mentioned 'Totalitarianism', well yes, plenty of that in ASEAN.

First - the principles as they are, seem fine.

Second - I invite you to prove this "specific purpose" claim.

48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Right, so that is why criticism of authorities can land you in prison in almost every ASEAN nation but is protected free speech throughout Europe.

Doh!

You have the illusion of free speech.

The most recent example was Amber Rudd, the Home Secretary, speaking at the Conservative Party Conference last October. She called for firms to record how many foreign workers they employ to help ensure they are …

“not taking jobs British people could do”.

Sadly for her, some virtue-signalling, attention seeking progressive liberal academic with little else to do, reported her for hate speech, and it was recorded as a hate incident.         Doh! Doh!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I have just read that the French have won the contract to renovate Big Ben, the bell is to be recast in France, they joke that it could be called Brexit bell in future.

If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/for-whom-the-bell-tolls.html

• Like 1

Sadly for her, some virtue-signalling, attention seeking progressive liberal academic with little else to do, reported her for hate speech, and it was recorded as a hate incident.         Doh! Doh!

You seem to be confusing something being recorded as an incident with something being recorded as a crime - they are not the same.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Orac said:

You seem to be confusing something being recorded as an incident with something being recorded as a crime - they are not the same.

Home Office rules disagree with you, 'All reports of incidents, whether from victims, witnesses or third parties and whether crime related or not, will, unless immediately recorded as a crime, result in the registration of an auditable incident report by the police'.

5 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Unfortunately it was precisely that incorrect perception of Europe's "totalitarianism" that allowed Hitler to persuade the German populace to follow his warped ideals.......if you have learned anything form history, you'll see this is being closely parallelled in the UK right now.

Oh gawd! Godwin's law hits the forum again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aright said:

Absurd! What extreme far right parties do we have in the UK with MP's . How many in the EU?

A rather arbitrary yardstick don't you think? I think you need to revisit your definition of hard right re UK and familiarise yourself with the techniques they use.

You also need to look at how PR representation works.

• Confused 1

Home Office rules disagree with you, 'All reports of incidents, whether from victims, witnesses or third parties and whether crime related or not, will, unless immediately recorded as a crime, result in the registration of an auditable incident report by the police'.

Exactly- as this says it is not recorded as an incident if it is recorded as a crime at the time of report hence the two are different.

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Will, attempts to correlate brexit with Hitler are 100% 'out there'. Come back sometime soon.

There are parallels, for instance, Lawson claiming that Whitehall were trying to "frustrate Brexit" is very much the same as when the Nazis claimed that they lost WWI due to "dolchstoss", these are attempts to disguise the fact that they cannot live up to their promises by blaming someone else, and when politicians use this technique we compare them to the Nazis as they are so famous for it and also because it's so frightening when anyone emulates their methods.  So you see, it is not "out there" to be aware of history and to notice when things repeat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

There are parallels, for instance, Lawson claiming that Whitehall were trying to "frustrate Brexit" is very much the same as when the Nazis claimed that they lost WWI due to "dolchstoss", these are attempts to disguise the fact that they cannot live up to their promises by blaming someone else, and when politicians use this technique we compare them to the Nazis as they are so famous for it and also because it's so frightening when anyone emulates their methods.  So you see, it is not "out there" to be aware of history and to notice when things repeat.

5 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

A rather arbitrary yardstick don't you think? I think you need to revisit your definition of hard right re UK and familiarise yourself with the techniques they use.

You also need to look at how PR representation works.

An absolute yardstick I would have thought as evidenced by recent European elections. Why arbitrary?

What definition of hard right in the UK do you think I should be using?

You have lost me on the PR bit can you explain? 

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A lot of dilemma in Europe at the mo'. Italy, Greece and Hungary,,,.. 70% of the people of Hungary want the EU but 80% are against Muslims being let in.

Can't see any future for this EU model. Get out UK and start negotiating with the rest of the world ASAP .

The rest of the world is already in one block or another,only Britannia thinks it still rules the waves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A lot of dilemma in Europe at the mo'. Italy, Greece and Hungary,,,.. 70% of the people of Hungary want the EU but 80% are against Muslims being let in.

Can't see any future for this EU model. Get out UK and start negotiating with the rest of the world ASAP .

I'm with the 70% and 80%! I don't see the two issues as being mutually exclusive.

I certainly don't want to see WU immigration to the UK replaced with RoW Muslim immigration 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

The rest of the world is already in one block or another,only Britannia thinks it still rules the waves.

And this 'block or another' will only make the world very uneasy once the Petro Dollar has collapsed later this year.

It's all building up! Iran, NK, the Russians and their poisoning, interference and expulsion of the world banks. China's trade,,..

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1