Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

41 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You seem to believe that you are right and the government was wrong.

You failed to vote in the referendum, failed to complain to David Camerons government that in your opinion the referendum terms were wrong and should have been amended before the referendum and have consistently whined about it since.

Far greater minds than yours have challenged the government and failed. The majority of the people accepted the referendum as legal.

The government at the time said before the referendum that they would carry out the wishes of the majority who voted in that referendum.

If you want to affect Brexit, go and stand for parliament, and IF you win a seat, then you may be able to do something. Brexit will be over by the next election anyway.

IMHO very few people on this forum care that you think the referendum result was wrong so can you please give it a rest for a day or two?

That we disagree with each other is inevitable.

That you take it upon yourself to tell another member not to express his views is digraceful.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Unlike the head of the Leave campaign, the head of the Remain campaign has not been referred to the police for breaches of electoral law.

https://www.ft.com/content/a3b72900-54e2-11e8-b24e-cad6aa67e23e

Boris Johnson has been referred to the Police ??

???

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That we disagree with each other is inevitable.

That you take it upon yourself to tell another member not to express his views is digraceful.

It doesn't mean we don't like each other, it's just the way us brits are.

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

???

Sheer brilliance again tebee

The Referendum was held.

A Court case ensued brought about by a remainer.

As a result of that Court case. In January 2017 a Parliamentary vote was held and by a majority of 4-1, Parliament accepted the result of the Referendum and voted to trigger Article 50.

Any argument you have on the terms of the Referendum are now null and void.

Any argument you have on the actual Referendum are now null and void.

The only argument that you may have is with the Parliamentary of January 2017 to trigger Article 50. Go ahead, something tells me you will not get very far with any argument.

The UK does not have a codified Constitution, so I agree, the UK should be having a discussion on having a full, written Constitution.

You are correct, Parliament voted to adopt the recommendation of the Referendum and gave the PM it’s aughority to sign A50.

But if you are arguing arguments against the referendum are now null and void, then so too are arguments that lean on the referendum.

The Brexit process is now in the hands of Parliament and subject to the procedural and political workings of the UK’s Parliamentary democracy.

And as I keep reminding everyone, the UK’s democracy is a process, the referendum did bring it to a shuddering halt

Though repeated efforts by the government to suspend parliamentary scrutiny of the executives actions suggest the PM believes the referendum suspended the powers and duties of Parliament.

The Brexit ball is still in play!

10 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

???

Sheer brilliance again tebee

The Referendum was held.

A Court case ensued brought about by a remainer.

As a result of that Court case. In January 2017 a Parliamentary vote was held and by a majority of 4-1, Parliament accepted the result of the Referendum and voted to trigger Article 50.

Any argument you have on the terms of the Referendum are now null and void.

Any argument you have on the actual Referendum are now null and void.

The only argument that you may have is with the Parliamentary of January 2017 to trigger Article 50. Go ahead, something tells me you will not get very far with any argument.

The UK does not have a codified Constitution, so I agree, the UK should be having a discussion on having a full, written Constitution.

...but equally, there is nothing to prevent parliament changing it's mind.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But if you are arguing arguments against the referendum are now null and void, then so too are arguments that lean on the referendum.

By all means go ahead and point out all these leave arguments that refer back continuously to the Referendum.

I await your verified responses.

The referendum is 95% the sole preserve of remainers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Read the link!

Aaron Banks was not the Leader of the Leave campaign and neither was Nigel Farage. Boris Johnson was the leader of the Leave campaign.

He has not been referred to the Police over anything.

So why are you trying to spread fake news ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Ah ! a fellow reader of the German press, with the exception of the Bild Zeitung they aren't as hysterical as the British boulevard press, something you have no doubt noticed.

Yes. Because they are whipped into PC.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

No real need for your, my or anyone's comments at all!

But this is a forum, a place for discussion and as such I, like you and any other member, am entitled to post any comment I wish on any post I wish provided I stay within the forum rules.

I have checked thoroughly and there is nothing in those rules to say that I, or anyone else, cannot comment on your posts, regardless of who, if anyone, you were responding to.

The first post to which you refer concerns the fact that, for the first time in over 1000 years, there has been no war between the major powers in Europe since 1945 and that one of the factors which is responsible for that is the partnership which has led to the EU as we know it today.

If you and Grouse wish to address each other in shorthand or code, maybe PMs would be better rather than the public forum where others can read and respond to what you write.

Some Remainers have behaved badly since the referendum; I have never denied that. However the majority have behaved as I have, we have accepted that it will happen and want the best post Brexit deal with the EU for the UK.

Of course, we may not agree with each other, let alone with Brexiteers, what that deal should contain!

Just as most Remainers have accepted it for the exact same reason.

Unfortunately, whatever the subject of a referendum there always has been and always will be those on the losing side who wish to somehow change the results; witness Sturgeon and her party on the result of the Scottish independence referendum!

Perhaps nuclear weapons had something to do with peace......

38 minutes ago, tebee said:

...but equally, there is nothing to prevent parliament changing it's mind.

That is whole different argument and nowhere near are straight forward as Parliament changing it's mind.

It also has nothing to do with the Referendum that you keep harking back to.

It will also mean going back to the House of Lords to Repeal various pieces of legislation that have been introduced since the Referendum.

It not a clear cut case of Parliament changing its mind. There is other factors in play, like.

1. Will the Withdrawal of Article 50 be allowed by the rest of the EU

2. The Political suicide that would ensue should this happen.

3. The 2 biggest Parties ran GE campaigns on leaving the EU.

But none of that would have entered into your head, would it ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Well, I imagine it must be difficult to hold a placard up with one thumb permanently stuck in your mouth.

That's only half the story. What's really revealing is where they have chosen to stick their other thumb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Well a great many Polish now reside in the UK, perhaps reduced the Pole gov payouts eh...

Population of Poland is about 40M so about 5% emigrated to U.K. I believe that flow has reversed but correct me.

GDP per capita has grown steadily since 2004 when Poland joined the EU and of course GBP wages now buy less Euro.

IMG_2708.PNG

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Population of Poland is about 40M so about 5% emigrated to U.K. I believe that flow has reversed but correct me.

GDP per capita has grown steadily since 2004 when Poland joined the EU and of course GBP wages now buy less Euro.

IMG_2708.PNG

How many are now in the UK prisons....Who is paying for that...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

YOU were the one that brought up:-

"I don't think remain people do placards and posters. A little too populist don't you think."!

I pointed out that this was obviously untrue, and so you're back to the remain vote was due to 'the uneducated'.... , with no consideration as to the entirely different lives lead by the wealthy compared to the poor!  Which IMO, is far more of a factor when it came to the referendum vote.

I don't know but I would guess there is a corrolation between voting remain and salary level. But not with net worth. Plenty of fat cat Brexiters

14 minutes ago, transam said:

How many are now in the UK prisons....Who is paying for that...?

About 1000? So that's roughly 100 per 100,000?

Total prison population is about 18,000 or about 50 per 100,000?

We are able to ship the 1000 back to Poland I believe 

Please correct me if I have made some errors.

Edited by Grouse

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

About 1000? So that's about 50 per 100,000?

Total prison population is about 18,000 or about 148 per 100,000.

We are able to ship the 1000 back to Poland I believe 

Please correct me if I have made some errors.

Who is paying to keep the Polish/EU riff-raff in prison...?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

So in your valued ( in your own mind ) opinion, there is not one person existing on a  State Pension, not one unemployed person that voted to remain ?

Every remainer is in highly paid employment ??

The jokes keep getting better, keep it up.

The joke is your understanding of statistics. No doubt you think a Gaussian distribution is a bell end shaped curve!

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

That is whole different argument and nowhere near are straight forward as Parliament changing it's mind.

It also has nothing to do with the Referendum that you keep harking back to.

It will also mean going back to the House of Lords to Repeal various pieces of legislation that have been introduced since the Referendum.

It not a clear cut case of Parliament changing its mind. There is other factors in play, like.

1. Will the Withdrawal of Article 50 be allowed by the rest of the EU

2. The Political suicide that would ensue should this happen.

3. The 2 biggest Parties ran GE campaigns on leaving the EU.

But none of that would have entered into your head, would it ?

Parliament authorized TM to invoke art 50, the  can equally  authorize her to ask to withdraw it.

1. yes they might not allow it, but I don't think they'd like to be blamed for the resulting chaos.

2. I could be political suicide not to withdraw it - much depends on how the mood of the country changes as the effects of possible Brexit start to be felt.

3. Circumstances have changed and we could very well have another GE in the intervening time.