Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Sure. They wrap the teeth into a Watchtower brochure and continue. Watch out, the end is near!! :post-4641-1156694083:

watchtower-cover-2015-may-8-end.jpg

Jehovah's bystander is supposed to be a witty euphemism for an aetheist. OK? Jesus!

57 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

^Thanks for the post. To be honest, I also feel conned with the Euro. Nobody I know wanted to have this "new currency" and all items finally doubled in price. When we still had the German Mark and I took out 700 for one week, I had to take out the same amount in Euros. 

Let's just say that a lot of us got conned and canned by our governments. Nobody was asking me if I wanted the Euro. 

come now Jenny nothing doubled in price, in Germany people tended to round up the Euro to two marks as it was 1.87 or something similar so when buying a big item for say 1,000 Euro's it suddenly became 2,000 DM, which it wasn't. In fact there was a strict watch on shops not to round up from DM to Euro from say 20,5 DM to 11 Euro. I will admit it was 'felt' that prices had increased but subsequent checks and calculations showed this to be false. I know that my shopping bills, when exactly calculated, didn't increase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tebee said:

Well I'm off traveling for a week - doing a visa run to Laos in the middle of it  - so I'll probably miss  the exciting conclusion of this thread  - though I must admit like brexit,  I suspect it will never come to a satisfactory conclusion....

So I thought I'd just leave you with This :-

fb7QLj1.jpg

That was funny..........................ridiculously inaccurate, but funny.

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

Well I'm off traveling for a week - doing a visa run to Laos in the middle of it  - so I'll probably miss  the exciting conclusion of this thread  - though I must admit like brexit,  I suspect it will never come to a satisfactory conclusion....

So I thought I'd just leave you with This :-

fb7QLj1.jpg

Correct according to your earlier sob story

Happy Travels

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

That was funny..........................ridiculously inaccurate, but funny.

It seems accurate to me but we shall see, probably both sides of the spectrum will be surprised in the end. Brexit may happen, it may not but whatever happens it won't happen the way people think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

It seems accurate to me but we shall see, probably both sides of the spectrum will be surprised in the end. Brexit may happen, it may not but whatever happens it won't happen the way people think.

Or even want

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Does your crystal ball come with pictures ??  :shock1::smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

^Thanks for the post. To be honest, I also feel conned with the Euro. Nobody I know wanted to have this "new currency" and all items finally doubled in price. When we still had the German Mark and I took out 700 for one week, I had to take out the same amount in Euros. 

Let's just say that a lot of us got conned and canned by our governments. Nobody was asking me if I wanted the Euro. 

So who decided?

Back in the dark ages, when naming a common currency was being debated, the Italians wanted to to call it the lira, the Germans wanted to call it the mark and England didn't give a crap. Then Jean Crapaud spoke up: "Let's call it the ECU, for European currency unit!" Momentarily stirred out of what must have been a profoundly dissatisfying nap, Johnny Goddamn mused, "Why not, indeed? It certainly sounds like it could be British..." The other delegations applauded French cleverness, Monsieur Goddamn signed off on it, Monsieur Crapaud held an amazing poker face and the French-speaking ministers from Luxembourg and Belgium almost bit their tongues off trying to restrain their laughing fits: The Écu, for anyone who knows their history, was France's currency under the Ancien Regime.

Who knows if all this is true--either way, it illustrates a lot of how the European Union has come about:

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

Does your crystal ball come with pictures ??  :shock1::smile:

No, but it has a little life experience behind it, when all is said and done people will look back at what was expected and say "oh''. Like the collapse of the USSR or the fall of the Berlin wall. Anyone who has read Winnie the Pooh should know that there are places where woozle wasn't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nontabury said:

So who decided?

Back in the dark ages, when naming a common currency was being debated, the Italians wanted to to call it the lira, the Germans wanted to call it the mark and England didn't give a crap. Then Jean Crapaud spoke up: "Let's call it the ECU, for European currency unit!" Momentarily stirred out of what must have been a profoundly dissatisfying nap, Johnny Goddamn mused, "Why not, indeed? It certainly sounds like it could be British..." The other delegations applauded French cleverness, Monsieur Goddamn signed off on it, Monsieur Crapaud held an amazing poker face and the French-speaking ministers from Luxembourg and Belgium almost bit their tongues off trying to restrain their laughing fits: The Écu, for anyone who knows their history, was France's currency under the Ancien Regime.

Who knows if all this is true--either way, it illustrates a lot of how the European Union has come about:

In a nice funny human way

That doesn't count, things happen even if you don't want them, runny eggs or a hole in your shoe sole for instance.

Pardon my man, things do happen as you say but how will that stop people wanting before the event  

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

Pardon my man, things do happen as you say but how will that stop people wanting before the event  

It doesn't matter what you want,one has to make do with what happens, you are old enough to know that yourself, your win is someone else's loss, the pendulum swings in two directions.

• Like 1

Just now, soalbundy said:

It doesn't matter what you want,one has to make do with what happens, you are old enough to know that yourself, your win is someone else's loss, the pendulum swings in two directions.

Yes for sure but nothing you are saying will stop people wanting what they want

in any situation before its resolved, hope springs eternal me old innit

Why you no understand simple human behaviour 5555555

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

Yes for sure but nothing you are saying will stop people wanting what they want

in any situation before its resolved, hope springs eternal me old innit

Why you no understand simple human behaviour 5555555

Let them eat cake

Let them eat cake

Oh dear you have got yourself in a muddle by trying to be clever

You should have stayed in the east end maybe the chip would not have been as big and the extra life experience would have come in handy at times like this INNIT

Just now, oldlakey said:

Oh dear you have got yourself in a muddle by trying to be clever

You should have stayed in the east end maybe the chip would not have been as big and the extra life experience would have come in handy at times like this INNIT

I've never been to the East end, my parents warned me about it. You have a thing with innit, I grew up with 'aint it', just as deplorable.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Hard to get at the facts here. I wish you two would agree and the explain to me! Thanks

Here goes (obviously with my bias).

The Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) has meant that since the 1970s the fishing waters of Europe have been controlled by a higher power. Up until then the UK had a thriving fishing industry supporting many of our coastal towns. This was because the UK has fishing waters rich with the most popular fish to eat.

The CFP has effectively shared out our fishing waters among the other EU member states, under the guise of environmental measures (can you imagine the wine growing regions of France being carved up and shared out?).

The fishing industry in the UK is now a fraction of the size it was, and communities around the coast of the UK have been devastated. That decline over the last 4 decades could be reversed once (if) we manage to come out of the CFP.

• Like 2

I've never been to the East end, my parents warned me about it. You have a thing with innit, I grew up with 'aint it', just as deplorable.

The trouble with being a liar is you need a good memory fella

That goes for being a Grammar policeman as well as you are now being shown

I have a good memory for somethings, INNIT is on the list care to hazard a guess who I picked that up from 55555555

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Here goes (obviously with my bias).

The Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) has meant that since the 1970s the fishing waters of Europe have been controlled by a higher power. Up until then the UK had a thriving fishing industry supporting many of our coastal towns. This was because the UK has fishing waters rich with the most popular fish to eat.

The CFP has effectively shared out our fishing waters among the other EU member states, under the guise of environmental measures (can you imagine the wine growing regions of France being carved up and shared out?).

The fishing industry in the UK is now a fraction of the size it was, and communities around the coast of the UK have been devastated. That decline over the last 4 decades could be reversed once (if) we manage to come out of the CFP.

Oh hear us when we cry to thee

for those in peril on the sea

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

The trouble with being a liar is you need a good memory fella

That goes for being a Grammar policeman as well as you are now being shown

I have a good memory for somethings, INNIT is on the list care to hazard a guess who I picked that up from 55555555

Your English teacher?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

You are now mixing up the fishing industry with the processing industry.

And while the processors do indeed employ Nearly 5000,  mainly due to David Cameron pumping a large grant into Young’s seafoods, this figure is still lower than 10yrs ago.

Nearly up to the time of the referendum, the sitting M.P for Grimsby.  Austin Mitchell was a very big supporter of Briexit, and for good reason, knowing the industry having represented the town for nearly 20 yrs, unlike Richard Corbett the Labour M.E.P who is one of the 6 M.E.P’s representing Yorkshire and Humberside. He is of course a staunch supporter of remain, having previousely worked as a Bureaucratic advisory to the president of the E.u.

27D30DF5-C695-4B33-84AB-0B3819D338CE.jpeg

This is numbers employed in fishing in the UK, the blue star is the year that we joined the EEC, the red star is the year that the quotas began, you will see that numbers of employees increased slightly over that period.

IMG_4560.PNG.d993110969b326215bb56e8d4c0c7ebb.PNG

Now look at the catch for the same period, you will see that it decreased substantially.
IMG_4561.PNG.691fae9f101cf456eccf098e2ae0eda2.PNG

The steady decline we were seeing in catch was the result of poor stock management, it was unsustainable, the EU finally introduced the quotas and 30 years later we see the results, species that were on the brink of extinction are increasing in numbers again.  If you want to save the British fishing industry then you need to save the fisheries, something the EU has been taking care of.
  • Like 1