Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It isn't what almost half of those who voted want,the royal 'we' doesn't make it any more fair.

It has to be fair by definition. Its democratic.

Please note I didn't say right

Edited by aright

20 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I accept that almost half of the country were bullied into voting remain, but the fact is we are leaving the EU.

Surely the best way forward is solidarity. Anything less just plays into the hands of the EU negotiators.

May I ask you-and it is a serious question on my part-just where that "solidarity" is really being displayed?

All I can see,from an outsiders point of view,is the increasing political "Balkanization" of the UK.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

What did the Romans ever do for us? (Quid unquam Romani fac nobis?)

Very good

DIC had a DUC with FER on its back and that's a FAC!

Latin? Imperative!

Romani nobis aliquando quidquid fecerunt?

Better leave it at that before we get the cane! Cave!

Edited by Grouse

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

That's what I'm saying.  We need solidarity. Currently we do not have solidarity.

There are too many extreme remainers who think Brexit might be reversed if they continue to bash Britain's prospects. Sadly all they are doing is weakening our negotiating position.

Thank you for your courteous reply.

I am an Australian who spent a number of very happy years working in the UK and have affectionate memories of it..

It just worries me that there appears to be a number of political and nationalistic forces that appear to be ripping the place apart.

That is why I deliberately used the term "Balkanization"-surely not a good thing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Slavery is not dead. I am one! My real name is Lurcio. :cheesy:

I remember you.

Cassandra: Pompeii's citizens will befall the fate of the sinful men of Gomorrah!

Lurcio: Will they, indeed?

Cassandra: And Sodom

Lurcio: Ooh, I agree, the lot of them!

-------------------------

Lurcio: [after Cassandra's prophecy; to the camera] Oh, she's very embittered, you know. Very embittered. You've seen the ring she had on? Well, allegedly, that was given to her by her fiancé when she was eighteen, and he jilted her, and she hasn't had it off since! Poor dear!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, aright said:

From the announcement of the result of the referendum the Remainers in their conceit refused to accept the result because  they feel they are intellectually different from the Brexiters who they regard as ignorant and stupid as evidenced in 139 pages of post.

Brexiters certainly seem I ntellectually inferior.

NOT because they are stupid but rather lacking knowledge due to inadequate education resulting in ignorance.

Edited by Grouse

26 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

That's what I'm saying.  We need solidarity. Currently we do not have solidarity.

There are too many extreme remainers who think Brexit might be reversed if they continue to bash Britain's prospects. Sadly all they are doing is weakening our negotiating position.

how are they doing that, unless what they say is true and other countries aren't aware of it already?

25 minutes ago, aright said:

The point I was trying to make is the UK doesn't have nationwide solidarity.

From the announcement of the result of the referendum the Remainers in their conceit refused to accept the result because  they feel they are intellectually different from ignorant and stupid as evidenced in 139 pages of post.

"the Brexiters who they regard as ignorant and stupid as evidenced in 139 pages of post." - out of the mouths of Brexiteers and suckers?

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Intellectually inferior.

NOT because they are stupid but lacking knowledge due to inadequate education resulting in ignorance.

I'm sorry I only accept criticism in latin.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Surely you don't deny the uproar caused by Merkel's open door policy? You may be able to dig out graphs but if you heard the people on the streets of Germany (and Sweden and others) you'd get a very different view on mass migration.

If you heard the people in the streets in either Sweden or Germany then you would hear differing views from different people.

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

If you're going to use Google for every single response you post, you really should put your comments in quotation marks. It's the decent thing to do if you're relying on other people's research.

I got it from a BBC2 documentary about the Panama Canal, but thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

May I ask you-and it is a serious question on my part-just where that "solidarity" is really being displayed?

All I can see,from an outsiders point of view,is the increasing political "Balkanization" of the UK.

English not your first language then mate

• Like 1

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

It most certainly is, me ol' china..

What does 55555555 actually mean-I never encountered in the streets of Sydney or London-is it from Bognor Regis?

I will leave the 5555555 for next time

As for whats going on in the UK at the moment its akin to ball tampering

SORRY honest, no I really am HAHAHA

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

48% means they came in second in a two hose race

Why you NO understand

Perhaps you would like to read it in German 

It isn't like it's 70%, I could agree with that and say ,stand back,it's what the majority wants, 54% is not a convincing majority, it's the country split in half. Ich wurde es auch gerne in Deutsch lesen falls Sie die Sprache maechtig sind aber das bezweifele ich.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

It isn't like it's 70%, I could agree with that and say ,stand back,it's what the majority wants, 54% is not a convincing majority, it's the country split in half. Ich wurde es auch gerne in Deutsch lesen falls Sie die Sprache maechtig sind aber das bezweifele ich.

I said you might like it in German me old not me

As I have said before it was known that it was a first past the post winner takes all situation

Close YES but although I did not attend school as often as I should, I do know what is more 48 or 52

As far as I am concerned there you have it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I can understand you feeling the way you do. Doing nothing because the vote was close would have been game set and match to the Remainers.

• Like 1

Just now, oldlakey said:

I said you might like it in German me old not me

As I have said before it was known that it was a first past the post winner takes all situation

Close YES but although I did not attend school as often as I should, I do know what is more 48 or 52

As far as I am concerned there you have it

Yes that was the government's mistake not to specify what makes up a valid majority, amateur way of doing things, which has shown up in their negotiations with the EU. Fact is there is now bad blood between remain and leave and this won't go away easily. What does it matter to us except on an emotional level, we aren't there and won't have to carry the consequences.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

It most certainly is, me ol' china..

What does 55555555 actually mean-I never encountered in the streets of Sydney or London-is it from Bognor Regis?

5 in thai is ha so it's a quick way to say ha ha

Be very careful what you say about Bognorians Some of them are Birdmen