Cyclist, 60, killed in road crash in Loei

webfact

Cyclist, 60, killed in road crash in Loei

By The Nation

A 60-year-old cyclist was killed by a car on a dark road in Loei’s Muang district on Tuesday night, police said.

Pol Lt-Colonel Wanit Phuduangdas, officer on duty at Muang Loei police station, said the accident happened on the Loei-Na Duang road in Ban Fak Loei village in Tambon Kudpong.

Winai Kessaleee, who hit the windshield of the car that hit her bicycle, died on her way to hospital.

The car driver, Thanyarak Sripromma, 25, told police that she did not see the bicycle ahead of her because the road was dark and the bike had no light.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339847

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-28
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The car driver, Thanyarak Sripromma, 25, told police that she did not see the bicycle ahead of her because the road was dark and the bike had no light

So true.

I am always shocked when such a dark rider suddenly appears in the beam.

Insane.

No lights, no reflectors/cat's-eye/vest, nothing.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

she did not see the bicycle ahead of her because the road was dark and the bike had no light.

Hence why the need for a dashcam. I ran into the back of a motorcycle, in daytime, after the rider pulled out in front of me. Without the dashcam playback I was the one who was seen to be in the wrong.

Edited by Rally123
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The car driver, Thanyarak Sripromma, 25, told police that she did not see the bicycle ahead of her because the road was dark and the bike had no light.

I live near the choc chai homes, the Thai electricians seem to have spent 2 weeks in adding new street lighting and now we have street lights that flicker for 5 minutes and then go off for an hour.