Need 1 more month visa stay in thailand

Hello there,

I have an israeli passport (so can't go to Malaysia) and I have a visa on arrival from bangkok airport for 30 days which I've already extended for another 30 days in the immigration and it will end on 23rd of March. My return flight back home is on April 24th. So basically I would need another 1 month visa to stay longer. I know that the Laos option is the best for israelis but I was wondering if just for another 30 days or so there would be another option - closer,cheaper that I could use instead of spending so much on a long trip to Laos and back with all the expenses. maybe a border run that gives 30 days or something similar?

Thank you 

4 minutes ago, webber4 said:

Thanks but I thought they give only 15 days according to updated law...no?

That rule was rescinded on the 1st of January last year when the order that limits visa exempt entries at land border crossing to 2 per calendar year went into effect.

oh wow! That's good to know! Thank you very much for that info,I was very close to book a return flight ticket to Laos...so I guess I'll do the Ranong Border run and probably have to pay for another 2-3 days of overstay at bangkok airport to complete 31-32 days .

9 hours ago, webber4 said:

I understand - Thank you :-) I might do that.

Never plan to overstay. Overstay is much more of a serious matter than many people think it is. The penalty for a 3-day overstay is small, but that stamp can cost dearly in the future.

14 minutes ago, webber4 said:

so can I extend for 7 or 30 days with the stamp/visa I'll get from the ranong immigration?

to avoid overstay...

Yes you can. It will be 30 days since you will not of already done one in your case.

If you did not qualify for an extension you would get 7 days to leave the country after the application was done and the 1900 baht was paid since it would be denied.

1 hour ago, webber4 said:

so can I extend for 7 or 30 days with the stamp/visa I'll get from the ranong immigration?

to avoid overstay...

You apply for the usual 30 days. You only get 7 days if your application for a 30 day extension is denied (no reason for it to be denied in your case).  The 7 days is just meant to allow you time to pack up and leave.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can. It will be 30 days since you will not of already done one in your case.

If you did not qualify for an extension you would get 7 days to leave the country after the application was done and the 1900 baht was paid since it would be denied.

Thank you,ubonjoe,I'll do as you recommend.

52 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Just change your flight and go home early and avoid all the extra expense and inconvience of being legal

Can't change it...there is some event I need to attend just before my flight.

I would go savanakhet on last day of current entry and stay 1 full day and go back the following morning for visa exempt entry.  All wrapped up in one simple trip and 2½ days .

You could do that trip including lao visa, buses and hotel for 4,000 baht and then have no need mess about doing extension as will cover you up to flight booking (can go 1 day over exit date if had to, no overstay fee or stamp at airports)

8 hours ago, BuckBee said:

I would go savanakhet on last day of current entry and stay 1 full day and go back the following morning for visa exempt entry.  All wrapped up in one simple trip and 2½ days .

You could do that trip including lao visa, buses and hotel for 4,000 baht and then have no need mess about doing extension as will cover you up to flight booking (can go 1 day over exit date if had to, no overstay fee or stamp at airports)

never been to savankhet....and I'm located in Koh Phangan so I doubt my costs will be 4000 baht as you say...jut to get to Laos plus visa and everything can cost 10,000 baht plus.

2 hours ago, webber4 said:

never been to savankhet....and I'm located in Koh Phangan so I doubt my costs will be 4000 baht as you say...jut to get to Laos plus visa and everything can cost 10,000 baht plus.

if u are on islands u can probably get a cheap flight to Vietnam for a couple of days,,,,,,,from surat thani or krabi?  Phuket for sure. i would think  ............dont mess with the rip off 1900 baht extension........plus 100 baht if u forget a passport copy page. 

7 hours ago, yogavnture said:

i would think  ............dont mess with the rip off 1900 baht extension........plus 100 baht if u forget a passport copy page. 

Why is it a rip off? Getting 30 days for 1900 baht is not that expensive considering the cost of what you suggest.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Why is it a rip off? Getting 30 days for 1900 baht is not that expensive considering the cost of what you suggest.

but considering viets are charging like 700 baht. for 30 days and phillipines gives 59 days total for 1100 baht. its not really a bargain............but yes i suppose for the convenience of one day service it is ok...............100 baht for a photocopy?  cmon

17 hours ago, yogavnture said:

if u go over to Cambodia or Burma. why not just stay over their for some days . then when u return u dont have to extend again here.  thats a no brainer.  

That's a good idea...I just never stayed in Ranong before since the place there looked a bit dodgy...if you or someone can recommend of a safe/good place to stay there for 2-3 days I might do that .

2 minutes ago, webber4 said:

But come to think of it...with the money I'll have to spend staying there for 3 days I could just as well pay the same amount of money for visa extension in Samui.

Vietnam is nice.  and cheap too........this time of year u can get cheap flights to any of these countries.......

Well from your location Ranong potentially easiest/cheapest, if leave last day of current permitted entry you only need 2 nights hotel really and that can be done 500baht +-200baht pending on personal taste . Ranong not best of place but a few with experience may give you ideas make it worthwhile trip and wrap it all up in 1 go at sensible budget . Vietnam quite interesting but fair effort/cost if don't really want go .

5 hours ago, BuckBee said:

Well from your location Ranong potentially easiest/cheapest, if leave last day of current permitted entry you only need 2 nights hotel really and that can be done 500baht +-200baht pending on personal taste . Ranong not best of place but a few with experience may give you ideas make it worthwhile trip and wrap it all up in 1 go at sensible budget . Vietnam quite interesting but fair effort/cost if don't really want go .

Thanks for the tip but I never visited Vietnam before and not familiar with the procedures at their border...I'd rather stick to Ranong with which I've never had any problems before.