Anyone used the online appointment maker for British Embassy Bangkok?

isnakebite

Hello all,

My flight is booked after work approved my holiday request and I due to marry my Thai fiancé in Thailand in May. I need to get my affirmation to marry from the UK Embassy however the embassy is showing no appointments available online for the foreseeable future even into 2019!  Yesterday there was some appointments last week of April but they have since become unavailable. So I think the webpage works.

https://www.consular-appointments.service.gov.uk/fco/#!/british-embassy-bangkok/oaths-affirmations-and-affidavits/slot_picker

I have emailed the embassy asking if there is a limit to how many days can be booked in advance but I've heard nothing.  Does anyone know if there is a limit?

Has anyone successfully used this webpage or is it literally a load of rubbish? So much is riding on this one piece of paper.

Thanks in advance.

I think it must have something to do with the browser used.I visited the link via my mobile phone earlier today and I can make 20 minutes appointments on various dates in April. The latest being 30th April.  However when I used IE or Google chrome on my desktop those dates are shaded ( unavailable). 1st May is now the latest day unshaded (it wasn't yesterday) but I get the message no appointments are available.  To be continued

21 hours ago, dabhand said:

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad/y/thailand/opposite_sex

For some reason your link shows no availability. But if you try the above link then click on the 'Make an appointment at the Bangkok Embassy' link, it should show availability for next week.

Thanks. The same dates appear when I follow a link on my phone. So it looking better than before :)

More days in May became available (unshaded in the calendar) but no appointments could be made so I called the Embassy in BKK and said that I thought the website wasn't working and asked to make an appointment over the phone.

I was told I couldn't and that the website worked. The lady asked if I visited the "gov" site. Therefore like Dabhand suggested above they are aware that you have to visit the appointment calendar via a certain way.

I explained that days in May were clearly available but it wasn't possible to book an appointment, like I could 30th April. The lady advised that they don't open their schedule for 4-5 weeks in advance. Therefore I would have to look early April in order to book early May.

To summarise, the website works, it shows dates that you can book 2 months in advance but you can only book roughly 1 month in advance.

• 1 month later...

I managed to book for 14th May earlier this week. Got confirmation from them so it works but omg not many days to choose from. I really wanted first week of May but 14th was the first available.

• 1 month later...

Anybody know what is going on with the online booking ?.

I want an appointment for a certificate of residency for a driving license. Got one before : took a bank statement and it took 5 minutes after the queuing. 

Now it tells me I can't book any appointment until 31st of next month !!!. I will be back in the UK by then !!. Is the service really so ridiculously bad now ?.