Non o visa questions

Hi all/ swaadi kap

I have a few questions with regards to my current non-o visa which i obtained based on being married to a thai and having a child in london.

Tommorow marks the 89th day ive been here, ive been reading up on this 90day reporting, i initially stayed in bangkok for a week before heading of to my wifes place in sa kaeo. Im now in pattaya and plan to go to jomtien immigration tommorow to obtain a extension of 60 days.

Was i meant to report when i changed my place of stay ie, frm bkk to sa kaeo and now pattaya? Ive never done any reporting in the past. Will i get fined?

Do i need to take my wife and child with me?

I assume i need a copy of my wifes id card and tabian baan, marriage cert, 2 pics and the filled out forms for the extension. Is there anything im missing?

Whats the fee for the extension?

Do i need to do a report on march 6th? This would be my 90th day in thailand.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You will need to do a TM30 report and proof of residence to apply for the 60 day extension.

Your wife and/or child will need to be with you. If child you will need their birth certificate.

The fee is 1900 baht.

Be aware Jomtien immigration can make it very difficult to get the extension.

No 90 day report will be due. The extension application is equal to one since it will be your first one.

You will need to do a TM30 report and proof of residence to apply for the 60 day extension.
Your wife and/or child will need to be with you. If child you will need their birth certificate.
The fee is 1900 baht.
Be aware Jomtien immigration can make it very difficult to get the extension.
No 90 day report will be due. The extension application is equal to one since it will be your first one.

Can i do the tm30 at jomtien, what is a tm30 exactly? Im currently staying in a hotel will this be accepted as proof of residence? Why do you say jomtien can make it very difficult to get a extension, kind of got me worried now. I applied for a 30 extension on a visa on arrival last year with no issues at jomtien

4 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Can i do the tm30 at jomtien, what is a tm30 exactly? Im currently staying in a hotel will this be accepted as proof of residence? Why do you say jomtien can make it very difficult to get a extension, kind of got me worried now. I applied for a 30 extension on a visa on arrival last year with no issues at jomtien

Did you get a single entry Non O visa in London or a multi entry Non O visa in London?

Are you here with your wife and son?

Edited by overherebc

10 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Multiple

You can extend that by 60 days for 1900 baht.

Wife child with you and copy of her ID house reg'  copy of marraige cert copy of her ID copy of front page of passport copy of your visa and a photo of you..

UBJ will tell you if it can be done at any Imm' office.

After that 60 day extension you then have to leave snd return.

Edited by overherebc

14 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

The TM30 is a report of you staying at a residence. The hotel should of done the report to immigration. You should ask if they did one.

Not sure they will accept a receipt from the hotel or not.

Their have been reports of Jomtien wanting all kinds of the proof of residence. They will try to come up with all kinds of reasons for not doing it.

Try tomorrow and if you have problems prepare to do a border run for a new 90 day entry from your visa on Tuesday. From Pattaya the Ban Pakard crossing to Cambodia is a good one.

• Like 1

The TM30 is a report of you staying at a residence. The hotel should of done the report to immigration. You should ask if they did one.
Not sure they will accept a receipt from the hotel or not.
Their have been reports of Jomtien wanting all kinds of the proof of residence. They will try to come up with all kinds of reasons for not doing it.
Try tomorrow and if you have problems prepare to do a border run for a new 90 day entry from your visa on Tuesday. From Pattaya the Ban Pakard crossing to Cambodia is a good one.

I asked the hotel and they said they reported me staying here to immigration. They also said come bk in the morning and the hotel manager will write a letter stating im staying there with a signiture and stamp frm the hotel. Im hoping this should be enough along with a printout of my reservation frm booking.com.

2 hours ago, Jay2013 said:

Update: Went and got my extension today at jomtien with no issues.

Thanks for reporting back.  The problem in Jomtien with the Family Desk seems to appear if you rent a Condo.  An apartment, hotel, or self-owned condo seems not to be a problem, as they cannot request unobtainable paperwork for those.

My experience was also that they were less-strict for 60-day extensions - I got one awhile back ok, before being denied on a 1-year.  But someone else (also a condo renter) had trouble in the last week with a 60-day.

Thanks for reporting back.  The problem in Jomtien with the Family Desk seems to appear if you rent a Condo.  An apartment, hotel, or self-owned condo seems not to be a problem, as they cannot request unobtainable paperwork for those.

My experience was also that they were less-strict for 60-day extensions - I got one awhile back ok, before being denied on a 1-year.  But someone else (also a condo renter) had trouble in the last week with a 60-day.
No problem mate. I was worried as hell as i didnt want to take my wife and 1 year old daughter for a border hop. The signed/ stamped letter frm the hotel manager titled residential status must have helped. Couldnt have been a more pleasent experience imo.