Five top police transferred after pub raid charges in their jurisdiction

webfact

Five top police transferred after pub raid charges in their jurisdiction

By Jessada Chantharak 
The Nation

83004d6e9449c78ac693353b64378b6e.jpeg

The top five police officers have been immediately transferred from Bangkok’s Somdet Chaophraya Police Station, after their jurisdiction was the scene of a drug-partying pub raid by officers from the Narcotic Suppression Bureau and the Patrol and Special Operation Division early on Saturday morning.

The officers have been shifted pending a fact-finding probe over their alleged negligence or failure to perform their duty. 

31a1e106c2312ac106835559d0b13e4a.jpeg

The immediate transfer order, signed on Saturday by Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) commissioner Lt-General Charnthep Sesawet, said precinct superintendent Pol Colonel Anurak Yosprasit, his deputies Pol Lt Colonel Wutthichai Sukhonthawit and Pol Lt Colonel Natthajak Boonyarat and two inspectors Pol Lt Colonel Sa-nguan Reungfang and Pol Lt Colonel Narongchai Ekkachan would take up new duties at the MPB operations centre until further instruction.

Charnthep said the transfer stemmed from the “ID4” pub raid at 2.30am on Saturday that found several people under 20 among the 240 patrons. Ketamine and crystal meth also were found on the pub floor and 62 patrons later were tested positive for drug use.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340143

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-05

1 hour ago, james.d said:

Well done to the NSD, on this occasion no friendly calls made in advance and possible shady cops transferred.

But was it a crackdown on illegal activities, or a purge of the competition?  In Thailand, whenever I think I figured out who the good guys are, I often find out that it's the spin doctors in the lead.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The officers have been shifted pending a fact-finding probe over their alleged negligence or failure to perform their duty. 

Five TOP officers, these, and there'll be similar stories on most days of the week. They were not doing their duty, whilst a drug ring was partying under their noses. Just how negligent can a police 'force' become, before the entire shooting match can be condemned as unfit for purpose?

The entire RTP is riddled with lethargy, nepotism, with people, e.g. cousins or even brothers, in posts they're neither qualified nor suitable for, and dodgy dealings - should 'corruption' be too harsh a flaw to accuse them of - and, until the man at the very top is either sacked or given a last warning (*), this will only get worse.

(*That's assuming there's someone with sufficient authority and respect to give such a warning . . . I doubt it, somehow, unless Prayut stood up to the table. No, that wouldn't work . . . the Pol General would be expecting him to burst into song or to read him a poem.)

So, come on, RTP . . . this is no laughing matter and you're being overtaken by more and more countries in terms of performance and professionalism. Are you happy with that? Or do you simply not give a shit?

19 hours ago, impulse said:

But was it a crackdown on illegal activities, or a purge of the competition?  In Thailand, whenever I think I figured out who the good guys are, I often find out that it's the spin doctors in the lead.

Yes.....i've come to think of thailand as the Land of 'smoke and mirrors'.....

What you think you are seeing is not the reality!

Archived