Hotel near Asoke

Justfine

Honey hotel was good but heard it was closing to build a condo or something. Google Honey Hotel see what you get. Rooms 900 to 1200 Vietnam era hotel but well kept with pool.

How close do you want? 

I think it is Soi 13 Miami Hotel also Vietnam era with pool. google it I think around 1200 not sure.

I have used these 2 for over 25 years. They used to be 500.

Edited by lovelomsak

Asoke with a swimming pool for 1600 and under?

I only stayed in a couple of places in the area, The Column which was really excellent and one of the Citadines which was totally dire.

Both were well over 2000 a night though.

15 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Honey hotel was good but heard it was closing to build a condo or something. Google Honey Hotel see what you get. Rooms 900 to 1200 Vietnam era hotel but well kept with pool.

I think they finally shuttered last December. But agree, would have been a good choice budget wise and with a pool.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

http://www.letsbookhotel.com/en/thailand/bangkok/hotel/sukhumvit-crown-hotel.aspx

Also ... RetrOasis Hotel. 503 Sukhumvit Rd. (Between Soi Sukhumvit 27-29) Klongtoey Nue Wattana,   ...  use to be the Crown hotel years ago, refurb and retro. Has a pool in the middle.

Was not the Crown a brothel for years? Did some clean it up?

i had some friends in town a few months ago and i saw the retroasis on agoda at a reasonable rate (less than 1600thb for sure).  my friends chose a different hotel (suites 41 on sukhumvit soi 41) but i think retroasis is worth a try.  i've only walked by and seen pictures on the internet.  please report back if that is the one you choose.  i think many of the lower price range hotels have a 'dipping pool' on the roof.  not a real pool where you lounge around for an hour or two with beer and food, etc...  but it appears that retroasis has a legit pool and lounging area.