Chiang Mai hotel

Justfine

Good restaurants within walking distance

Road that isnt super busy

7/11 nearby (hate it when the nearest is 800m away)

Probably only stay 2 or 3 nights before driving elsewhere.

Pool is bonus but not deal breaker. Some places only have small crappy pools anyhow.

If you know a bigger hotel with large pool for under 2000 baht in good location that's an option 

Not been for so long I dont know the best spots 

Edited by Justfine

1 hour ago, mickmac said:

I popped in there for a beer not long after it opened, It was very expensive 140 baht for a bottle of Singa beer, a small one.

Not fussed about beers. Only interested in hotel and location. Rooms are 38sqm which is bigger than average. Wont spend much time drinking. Live music or good food preferred.

Another place I found was My Chiang Mai Boutique Lodge. It looks about 2km from night market though. Has a small pool.

Edited by Justfine

Missing from your post is the proposed dates for being in Chiang Mai.

Your preferable budget capped at under 2000THB per night gives a vast selection of good hotels for significant periods throughout the year.

The dates you may have chosen for your visit could reduce many to being over your budget due to seasonal demand.

I cannot impart any information regarding Iron32 Hotel Bar & Bistro.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Justfine said:

Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa looks ok location.

Stayed at Raming lodge a few years back several times and was very pleased. Large room buffet breakfast. Small pool which is opposite besides a car park but didn't use it. 

In other posts you've gone on about Thai culture and learning Thai, so one could assume you wouldn't want the 70s rock music scene that hangs around the Night Market Area.

You've got Santitham rd area, with all the beer/football/Music bars around Santitham Plaza, including OxidePub and T-Bar Clubs. 100% Thai music and food. Emporium Residence may be worth a look in Santhitham road.

Then there's Niman Area, which is still essentially Thai but with a higher foreigner content.

Then there's a few  outliers like Milk Club out towards Airport Plaza.

But night market area, full of white foreigners.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

38 minutes ago, stament said:

Stayed at Raming lodge a few years back several times and was very pleased. Large room buffet breakfast. Small pool which is opposite besides a car park but didn't use it. 

Actually thought you might contribute to the post as I knew you had stayed there previously with positive recommendation.

Without date of fixture posted might exceed anticipated budget.

Bright side, walking distance to No.1 bar, 

Met both NancyLand roo860 at same venue so has to be considered.

My personal choice to date would be the Suriwongse if it may fall within budget at time of booking.

Edited by Paul Catton
Correction
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

In other posts you've gone on about Thai culture and learning Thai, so one could assume you wouldn't want the 70s rock music scene that hangs around the Night Market Area.

You've got Santitham rd area, with all the beer/football/Music bars around Santitham Plaza, including OxidePub and T-Bar Clubs. 100% Thai music and food. Emporium Residence may be worth a look in Santhitham road.

Then there's Niman Area, which is still essentially Thai but with a higher foreigner content.

Thanks for nightlife info. I will read up and look at map again.

40 minutes ago, stament said:

Thanks.

• Like 1

Movenpick took over the dungtawan hotel I believe. Probably above 2kbut might be worth looking at and reading reviews.

I like their hotels, recently stayed at one in BKK and they sometimes give you one free night if you stay a few days.

Edited by stament

Just now, stament said:

Movenoick took over the dungtawan hotel I believe. Probably above 2kbut might be worth looking at and reading reviews.

I like their hotels, recently stayed at one in BKK and they sometimes give you one free night if you stay a few days.

Stayed at duntawan years ago. Was ordinary but they would have renovated.

10 minutes ago, stament said:

Movenpick took over the dungtawan hotel I believe. Probably above 2kbut might be worth looking at and reading reviews.

You previously advised me Duangtawan was a no -no, based upon experience. How one is swayed by an Ice Cream company, beggars belief.

Edited by Paul Catton
Grammar

Most hotels throughout the world are subjective to both positive and negative critics if they have an on-line presence.

Look at the top ten/twenty commentary reviews for excellence, average and poor, decide for yourself if further personal corroboration is required.

Edited by Paul Catton
Insert

41 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Santitham rd is a gay area according to google.

A little but you wouldn't notice. More students near local uni.

We lived there for a year 10 years ago. Like the area still but busier 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justfine said:

Santitham rd is a gay area according to google.

Biggest student nightlife bar area in town, surrounded by student accommodation, live music in at least 2 Plaza bars every night.

Oxidepub round the corner live music  fri/sat/sun. Google oxidepub, or look on facebook.

Emporium Residence, Tesco Lotus and 7-11 opposite.

But you won't like it, if you don't like mixing with young Thais.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

Nah, it's full of Chinese now. White face is a minority, except in western fast food restaurants. Seems barking to me that they spend loadsacash and travel for hours just to get here and then eat the same <deleted> they can eat back home, especially as the night markets are full of restaurants selling food way cheaper and healthier.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, stament said:

Movenpick took over the dungtawan hotel I believe

Wrong.

56 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nah, it's full of Chinese now. White face is a minority, except in western fast food restaurants. Seems barking to me that they spend loadsacash and travel for hours just to get here and then eat the same <deleted> they can eat back home, especially as the night markets are full of restaurants selling food way cheaper and healthier.

Sadly I will need to disagree with you on this one.

I went to China last year (Hunan province, direct flight to CM), the food was awful, the worst I've eaten anywhere in the world (and I've been all over). Anything they eat in Thailand will be amazing by comparison.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chinese food as served in London/San Francisco/Paris, but what the restaurants in Hunan province serve ain't anything like that.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Sadly I will need to disagree with you on this one.

I went to China last year (Hunan province, direct flight to CM), the food was awful, the worst I've eaten anywhere in the world (and I've been all over).

Anything they eat in Thailand will be amazing by comparison.

You misunderstand. I was referring to western tourists that eat in western chain fast food restaurants.

I understand that in comparison to the hell they live in LOS must seem like paradise to the Chinese. Probably like me when I first arrived way back when the Thais still smiled.

Edited by thaibeachlovers