Bookmarks automatically removed

janclaes47

I just noticed that when I wanted to start my online banking, ALL Kasikorn bookmarks in Firefox that had been there for years were removed.

There could be other bookmarks removed as well, not easy to know on first sight, but every bookmark related to Kasikorn was not there anymore.

The bookmarks are in a dedicated " banking" folder, and there are still plenty other bookmarks in that folder, but non that were pointing to any sub section on the Kasikorn website.

Any explanation for this?

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

What happened to me once: accidentally moved ("dragged") a folder to "somewhere" with the mouse.

Open bookmark manager and search for "Kasikorn" or "K-Cyber".

The folder is still there with all the other bookmarks inside.

'

Where is bookmark manager?

36 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Where is bookmark manager?

Use the keyboard combination:

<SHIFT><CTRL>B

This will hopefully work in all languages and setups.

(I don't have an English version at hand right now)

Search box is in the upper right.

22 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Use the keyboard combination:

<SHIFT><CTRL>B

This will hopefully work in all languages and setups.

(I don't have an English version at hand right now)

Search box is in the upper right.

I get there and it shows them when I type in Kasikorn, but I can't see where they are located now, and certainly not in the folder where they were before.

bookmarks.JPG.2a0707c74e7ff4f466b5aa208220e12a.JPG

:whistling:

I am also stuck there.

What you can do:

use cut and paste to move them back where you want to have them.

If you are curious where they are now:

export bookmarks as HTML file

open the file with the browser

do a text search for "K-Cyber"/"Kasikorn".

The folder name will be printed in bold above the finds.

It's definitely not something caused by myself, as I notice that in most bookmark folders all bookmarks are there twice now.

Yesterday I was also required to login to my browser before I could open, and today the shortcut on my taskbar disappeared.

Firefox has slowly gotten to be a bigger pain in the butt with each major makeover. The last 'big' update promised greater speed and some users have indeed reported as much but on 3 separate machines in my place, FF is now slower to load and 'hangs' a lot. It has the same features as chrome in that you can save bookmarks to a user profile (login needed) so that you can use your favorite FF features and bookmarks on 'any machine'. which I always think is dodgy option. Just more innocuous data harvesting?

I think maybe the speed benefits are more apparent if you do a clean install... if that is possible with FF. Like the OP, most people have plenty bookmarks that have been grandfathered from update to update but every so often, some stuff falls in a crack. Maybe it is time to make a monthly ritual of tidying up the bookmarks archives? My experience with FF is that it doesn't do a clean uninstall either and requires buggering about in registry to get rid of bits and bobs that are hived away. It's messy.

Oh yes, and turn OFF the automatic updating option. I would wager that most 'sudden changes' happen after an OTA or in-the-background, automatic update.

I have been reintroduced to Opera which is a whole lot faster and is now challenging my chrome browser for most amount of air time.

Archived