Tourist visa after Education visa, over 6 months of a year in Thailand

I'm towards the end of a years' long Education visa and I'm just about to leave Thailand. 

I've heard that you can't be more than 6 month of the year in Thailand on a tourist visa, so my question is:

is it OK to leave Thailand just before the end of the Education visa and then re-enter on a 2-month Tourist visa?  (I'm thinking a 2-month Tourist visa from Phnom Penh would be the least hassle). 

And then I plan to go back to the UK for 2 weeks and return on another tourist visa and then start the process to apply for retirement visa. 

chinese-question-words-e1502521147555.jpg

9 minutes ago, monorobbie said:

I've heard that you can't be more than 6 month of the year in Thailand on a tourist visa

That is not the case. There is no 'official' rule limiting you to 6 months.

Just make sure you get the docs from school, like you done and quit school officially or graduated. You will NEED to cancel your ED visa (signed by officials @immigration too). I was told they may not let me leave the country, i know sounds absurd but i didn't want to mess around. There's bunch of shit needed to get tourist after ED, been there too one hell of a headache. Since you going to UK best would be to change passport to get rid of your ED visa.  

On 3/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, prettyawsm said:

Just make sure you get the docs from school, like you done and quit school officially or graduated. You will NEED to cancel your ED visa (signed by officials @immigration too). I was told they may not let me leave the country, i know sounds absurd but i didn't want to mess around. There's bunch of shit needed to get tourist after ED, been there too one hell of a headache. Since you going to UK best would be to change passport to get rid of your ED visa.  

I've also halted uni in Thailand due to my personal issue. A member in my other thread has told me not to leave Thailand without cancelling my current ED visa.

If I was to cancel my current ED visa to return to Indonesia, later could I re-apply for a new ED visa easily ?

On 07/03/2018 at 3:55 AM, elviajero said:

That is not the case. There is no 'official' rule limiting you to 6 months.

sorry I meant you can't just do back to back tourist visas indefinitely and I was wondering if this would be a problem - getting  a tourist after an education

On 07/03/2018 at 11:37 AM, prettyawsm said:

I've got a photo of the doc (a letter cancelling the education visa). And I've got the ED visa cancelled properly. What's the "bunch of shit needed to get tourist after ED""?

1 hour ago, monorobbie said:

sorry I meant you can't just do back to back tourist visas indefinitely and I was wondering if this would be a problem - getting  a tourist after an education

You shouldn’t have any problems getting the visa. You might be questioned by the IO when you re-enter the country who might want to know what you’re doing in the country. But it’s highly unlikely you’d be denied entry.

7 hours ago, monorobbie said:

I don't know. I won't be 50 until May and I'm going to the UK in April, if that has a bearing

can only get a non imm 'O' 'A' in Uk, a lot more messing around with doctor report and police check.