Rabies alert as rabid dogs found next to Tesco Lotus in Pranburi

webfact

Rabies alert as rabid dogs found next to Tesco Lotus in Pranburi

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTExNi81NTgzNjA2L25ld3MyMC5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Authorities in Prachuap Khiri Khan have announced a rabies alert for Pranburi and a sub-district of Hua Hin after 15 dogs were found with the deadly disease.

Three of those infected were strays rounded up next to Tesco Lotus in Khao Noi.

Twelve others were found in Wang Pong, Ban Tamri of Khao Noi, Ban Plai Nam and Thanarat Camp.

Yesterday a total of 68 strays - 35 male and 33 female - were rounded up for monitoring for rabies from the danger area. These were impounded and will be taken to a monitoring facility in Buriram today.

Prajuab authorities issued a rabies warning for all of the Pranburi district and Thap Tai sub-district of Hua Hin.

The warning applies to all dogs, cats, cattle and milk fed pets and livestock.

Sanook reported that there was an outbreak in the area in 2017 but the warning notice had been withdrawn.

Now the deadly disease is back.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-07

That´s what happens when you let 12 million dogs and 7 million cats run like strys everywhere. After that you also value them to have higher rights than the human population.

There is a reason why we are at the top of the food chain. It´s called brain function.

we live in a cul de sac,my Aussie friend lives at the end i am building a house on one side and own a smaller house on the other,once my main house is finished my nieghbour will build maybe 2 smaller houses on other plots he has we have decided to gate the road leading to our houses to stop the strays coming in from the nearby Thai houses,our other rule is none of the houses will be rented or sold to Thai's,because we do not want the aroma of burning plastic,rubbish strewn every where ,Thai's wondering into our garden to pillage fruit from the tree,s and especially bloody dogs running everywhere,nor do we want music blaring at 5am,if this sounds racist,so be it,but having lived in a village for 4 years and rented in town for 2,i am no longer prepared to put up with it.

May be my imagination - but it seems a convenient 'excuse' to start rounding up the strays, after them being protected for so long, that it has become a problem on so many levels - not just disease.

Please, Mr Tetsabaan. Hua Hin. Real soon now. Take them all away.

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

we live in a cul de sac,my Aussie friend lives at the end i am building a house on one side and own a smaller house on the other,once my main house is finished my nieghbour will build maybe 2 smaller houses on other plots he has we have decided to gate the road leading to our houses to stop the strays coming in from the nearby Thai houses,our other rule is none of the houses will be rented or sold to Thai's,because we do not want the aroma of burning plastic,rubbish strewn every where ,Thai's wondering into our garden to pillage fruit from the tree,s and especially bloody dogs running everywhere,nor do we want music blaring at 5am,if this sounds racist,so be it,but having lived in a village for 4 years and rented in town for 2,i am no longer prepared to put up with it.

I completely understand, my wife and i paid an arm and a leg for a house in a hi-so moobaan (gated) to stay away from the "average thai". No stray dogs, a clean and almost always empty pool, young pollite kids speaking multiple languages (they go to 600k schools), and a group of burmese who sweep the leaves from the lawn 6 days a week.

Thailand can be nice if you have the money.

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

I completely understand, my wife and i paid an arm and a leg for a house in a hi-so moobaan (gated) to stay away from the "average thai". No stray dogs, a clean and almost always empty pool, young pollite kids speaking multiple languages (they go to 600k schools), and a group of burmese who sweep the leaves from the lawn 6 days a week.

Thailand can be nice if you have the money.

Which begs the obvious question: why favour Thailand with your illustrious presence?

It seems to me that this whole rabies " thing " that has kicked off here in Thailand, is being understated by the Media.

Daily now there are more reported outbreaks and cases.

Why are the Authorities rounding up the creatures from infected areas, and spending time and money on sending them to a " Rabies Monitoring Center " in Buriram. ?

Total eradication of these animals ( sad as it may be ) is the only cure for this disease that lies latent in the ground, and can reappear at any time in the future, along with controlled inoculation programs going into the future.

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Which begs the obvious question: why favour Thailand with your illustrious presence?

Go to immigration to extend your visa and you will quickly find out they dont want you here. You have no rights and they rather see you leave.

I just live my own life here and i am not allowed to contribute. So that is what i do.

If you still think you add something to the country with your presence you will wake up at some point; you are not wanted here either.

14 hours ago, cheshiremusicman said:

So, obviously, those of us who have pets need to get them inoculated against catching rabies, but how effective are the inoculations? 

For information purposes:  https://vitalanimal.com/vaccination-efficacy/

I wrote a letter to our village administrator in Oct 2017 expressing my concern about the number of dogs running loose.  To date I have had no response - perhaps they had no one to translate the letter but more likely it was filed in the shredder since what would a farang know about stray dogs.  I touched on spaying, neutering, vaccinating and licensing all to no avail!

On 3/7/2018 at 5:38 PM, Bob12345 said:

Go to immigration to extend your visa and you will quickly find out they dont want you here. You have no rights and they rather see you leave.

I just live my own life here and i am not allowed to contribute. So that is what i do.

If you still think you add something to the country with your presence you will wake up at some point; you are not wanted here either.

I am naive enough to consider that my having raised a family of five children, including four Thai stepchildren, a worthwhile contribution tot he country in which I have lived for two decades and regard as home. 

I cannot understand why anyone with the means to put down roots wherever they wish should voluntarily remain in a country where they clearly feel so unappreciated as you do. Your experience of Thai immigration does not mirror mine; the local office seems always  pleased to see me. If you feel otherwise, perhaps it is more to do with you than them.

On ‎7‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, Cake Monster said:

It seems to me that this whole rabies " thing " that has kicked off here in Thailand, is being understated by the Media.

Daily now there are more reported outbreaks and cases.

Why are the Authorities rounding up the creatures from infected areas, and spending time and money on sending them to a " Rabies Monitoring Center " in Buriram. ?

Total eradication of these animals ( sad as it may be ) is the only cure for this disease that lies latent in the ground, and can reappear at any time in the future, along with controlled inoculation programs going into the future.

........"disease that lies latent in the ground, and can reappear at any time in the future"

Maybe you can substantiate this statement as it seems to fly in the face of modern science ?

On 3/8/2018 at 9:56 PM, sanuk21 said:

........"disease that lies latent in the ground, and can reappear at any time in the future"

Maybe you can substantiate this statement as it seems to fly in the face of modern science ?

On 3/8/2018 at 9:56 PM, sanuk21 said:

The only disease I know of that does that is Parvovirus..

Archived