10 reasons you will like Thailand

Justfine

3 hours ago, JLCrab said:

No -- I just posted a view of the ocean at Pt. Reyes National Seashore near where I used to live in California.

But at least you get ocean views in California. Where in Thailand do you get an ocean view -- not a Gulf or Sea view --  from a condo or anywhere else?

Yes, you posted a stock photo not taken by you. The normal views of the Sea are not so bad around here...

To answer your question, views of the Indian Ocean can be seen from just south of Phuket.

Nice work.

line_1520402786766.jpg

6 hours ago, Mac98 said:

$9-12 in Utah, $12-16 on West Coast, plus $6 for Coke and $8 for popcorn. So a movie date could cost $60 before dinner, drinks and parking. But the feeling of relief when the date is finally over is so intense it's almost orgasmic. Money well spent! (Note the sarcasm )

Cinemas in Thailand are incredibly cheap and offer great value, with extra discounts on certain days.

Edited by torrzent

35 minutes ago, HLover said:

Yes, you posted a stock photo not taken by you. The normal views of the Sea are not so bad around here...

To answer your question, views of the Indian Ocean can be seen from just south of Phuket.

Nice work.

Yes -- I posted a stock photo because I haven't been on the northern California coast in over 20 years. BTW

Map of Southern Thailand

On ‎8‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, need to escape said:

1 Cheap rooms: same for most of Asia and other parts of Asia they are usually cleaner

2 Food everywhere that is good: Food here is terrible local food is inedible and foreign, unless you are willing to pay a fortune is appalling

3 Cheap seafood/food: point 2

4 Entertainment day and night: nothing special unless your into w**** bars

5 Good weather: yes not bad

6 Good flight options: defined plus, can leave easily

7 Mix of mountains and sea: full of rubbish

8 Interesting driving routes: if you can survive them

9 $10 massages: ouch, hurt like hell

10 Good cheap to: ??????

You will do well in Thailand with that negative attitude

If its so bad why don't you go back where you can from......and stay there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTgrizzly said:

You will do well in Thailand with that negative attitude

If its so bad why don't you go back where you can from......and stay there

Half the people on here seem to hate the place.

12 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Half the people on here seem to hate the place.

No - they just think they are better than the place + the people around them.....

The problem doesn't belong to the people, or the place.....

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Justfine said:

Take water from home and a bag of nuts/chips from supermarket.

Most places won't let you in with liquid or snax. Buy at counter or nothing but trickle of warm water from fountain.

12 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Most places won't let you in with liquid or snax. Buy at counter or nothing but trickle of warm water from fountain.

Smuggle them in in your wooden leg, like I do.

Put a gag on your parrot, if you want to get away with it.

• Haha 1

1. most things are cheap: food, transportation, clothes, housing ...

2. there is something for everybody: islands, mountains, beaches, forests, temples, shopping malls, nightlife ...

3. excellent food and a wide variety of it: if you're tired of Thai, there's Indian, Iranian, Russian, Turkish, Scandinavian ...

4. if you're a man, where else do you get dozens of women telling you 'hello' (or sawatdee kaa) all day long?

5. nightlife - I'm only there for the music, dancing and drinking, sometimes to watch football - but where else is the nightlife rip-roaring away 7 nights a week?

6. despite the chaos on the roads, transportation is still modern and highly convenient and cheap

7. lots of swimming pools and beaches for tourists

8. ultra-modern shopping malls and huge supermarkets with everything

Of course, I'm mainly comparing here between major cities in Thailand and Taiwan - where I live, which is 20 years ahead of Thailand in economic development, but which somehow lacks certain things - it is less cosmopolitan and has no beach culture, nightclubs close on Sunday night even in Taipei, which has 3 to 6 million people.

In short, for me, Thailand = holidays.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:55 AM, inf said:

1. most things are cheap: food, transportation, clothes, housing ...

2. there is something for everybody: islands, mountains, beaches, forests, temples, shopping malls, nightlife ...

3. excellent food and a wide variety of it: if you're tired of Thai, there's Indian, Iranian, Russian, Turkish, Scandinavian ...

4. if you're a man, where else do you get dozens of women telling you 'hello' (or sawatdee kaa) all day long?

5. nightlife - I'm only there for the music, dancing and drinking, sometimes to watch football - but where else is the nightlife rip-roaring away 7 nights a week?

6. despite the chaos on the roads, transportation is still modern and highly convenient and cheap

7. lots of swimming pools and beaches for tourists

8. ultra-modern shopping malls and huge supermarkets with everything

Of course, I'm mainly comparing here between major cities in Thailand and Taiwan - where I live, which is 20 years ahead of Thailand in economic development, but which somehow lacks certain things - it is less cosmopolitan and has no beach culture, nightclubs close on Sunday night even in Taipei, which has 3 to 6 million people.

In short, for me, Thailand = holidays.

Taipei used to be called the Paris of the East and is renowned for beauties and great food.  You saying, that ain't so?