Marriage visa renewal trip report [2018]

RustyShackleford

Just got my 1 year extension of stay stamp today and wanted to share what was needed. This is for a marriage visa extension (not the original marriage visa) obtained at the Jomtien immigration.

Two copies of:

TM7 Form

Passport - Photo page, current visa (best to just copy all pages from the past year or two)

Arrival card

Address reporting slip

Rental agreement

Landlord's passport

Condo's/House's Blue book (Ta Bian Baan)

Wife's ID card

Wife's Ta Bian Baan

Marriage certificate

Declaration of income from Embassy (400k in the bank for 3 months also acceptable)

2 photos from inside house/condo showing you and your wife

2 photos from outside house/condo showing you and your wife, make sure the unit/house number is visible

For the photos, they won't accept selfies, so have a friend take the photos for you, or get a tripod

We have no children together, but if you do, make copies of the birth certificate and include them in the photos

Procedure:

Get a ticket for counter 6, the wait times are usually quite low. We had to wait only about 10 minutes.

After submitting the documents, you will receive a one month temporary extension.

The next day we had an immigration officer come to our condo to ensure everything was on the level. They said they don't always do this but you should be prepared. They also spoke with the condo manager asking her to confirm details.

Go back to immigration on the date your temporary extension ends, and they will give you the full year. You don't need to queue for a number, just head over to desk 6.

Hope this info helps!

Edited by RustyShackleford
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/9/2018 at 5:45 AM, RustyShackleford said:

Rental agreement

Landlord's passport

Condo's/House's Blue book (Ta Bian Baan)

I've got to do this in a few weeks, I mean the original visa not the extension. Are the above required for the original visa as I don't see those mentioned on the law sites (ie Siam Legal, other forum posts) ...and do you mean Landlords ID(not passport?)

"We have no children together, but if you do, make copies of the birth certificate and include them in the photos"

I did the extension last January and they wanted birth certs but no kids in the photos. It's always the same officer in Jomthien, but different rules according to the phase of the moon. To pass the jump-a-hoop test, just take photos with and without kids, bite teeth together and thing of .. well whatever.