Bus from Pattaya to Koh Chang

gk10002000

12 hours ago, mickyboy said:

time you messed around best get minivan with ferry ticket included

Ferry ticket at a special price of 2-3 times the regular!

Minivans leave from behind Numchai on Sukhumvit but they are pretty hairy!

22 hours ago, my friend I said:

Phetpraseart have two buses a day from Sukamvit to Trat bus terminal. Something like 3.30am and 5.30am

.http://www.phetprasert.com

Not advisable!. When you arrive in Trat you will have to take a songtaew. That means: waiting untill enough passagers AND will bring you to another tranferpoint not far from the centerpointferry. Again waiting befor you are transferred to the ferry.

Some general remarks. I am living on Koh Chang so have some experience. There are two ferry boats. One is the ceterpointferry. This is the one that most of the minibusses use because it is a cheaper ferry. But this ferry  is slower, much older then the other one and is its arrivalpoint  is a little bit further away from the westside of koh chang. Koh Chang westside is where 95% of all resorts are.

The other ferry  leaves the Mainland at the ao tammachatpier. This is the best and most popular one.

But in high season cann have longer witingtimes then the ceterpointpier.

Both ferry arrivals at koh chang have  songtaews waiting for you. They bring you to your hotel.

When you are dropped at the ferrypier at the mainland you can always take the first ferry that leaves. That is a real diffence with when you arrive in a van that brings you all the way to yuour hotel. In high season cars including the vans have sometimes to wait because a ferry doe has a certain capacity to take up cars.  Therefor a van that brings you to your hotel is not always faster then a van that drops you at the pier.

Another remark: do not travel to trat or to chantaburi. The transport from there to the ferrypier let you wait untill enough persons have boarded the songtaew. Can take quite some waitingtime.

• Like 1

a bus stop by across tesco lotus? near soi khao talo? in south pattaya at the exit

of pattaya towards rayong, my memory are fading on soi names.

anyway i strongly recommend a mini van, those shit buses dont fit anything beside midgets

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, poanoi said:

a bus stop by across tesco lotus? near soi khao talo? in south pattaya at the exit

of pattaya towards rayong, my memory are fading on soi names.

anyway i strongly recommend a mini van, those shit buses dont fit anything beside midgets

Minivan again...

Foreigners are just like Thai, they will never learn !