ford ranger

Hi,,,does anyone know how much it is to change drive shaft bearings  on a ford ranger wildtrack,2.2 ltr 2013.

and does anyone know othere than ford main dealer I can get this job done.

also can a oil pump be refurbished rather than but a new one..

thanks.

hi trasam...what it is as I drive and it changes gear I get a noise like eerg,but I went to fords and they reset my gearbox twice,but still there,,I was told u must change the drive shaft bearings after 100,00km?? so I am putting the noise down to this???/plus I was told the noise when I drive off [which sounds like a bag full of bottle tops in a bag being shacken]is a noisy oil pump??? be gratefull if u could shed some light on these problems for me..cheers

Edited by davjensteph

Weeell, drive shaft joints when a problem just cause a vibration, so l would question the explanation, plus joints generally last for ever unless "grit" has got into a needle bearing...

Pump, weeell, if the ride engine rattles it could be many things, if oil pressure is the problem l would have thought a dash warning light would come on..Modern diesel engines have a noise reduction thing built in so it runs quiet in operation, perhaps it could be a fault with that...I am just guessing though...

Just now, davjensteph said:

thankyou...I have been to fords twice but each time they reset engine reset gearbox and say ok..but the noise is still there..don't know what to do.

Find a different Ford main agent...