Eva Air to launch daily Taipei-Chiang Mai flights

webfact

Eva Air to launch daily Taipei-Chiang Mai flights

6P0A2970_tcm35-39017.jpg

File photo

Eva Air has announced it will launch daily direct flights between Taipei, Taiwan and Chiang Mai later this year.

The service will start on 1st July with flights departing Taipei at 7.25am arriving in Chiang Mai at 10.25am.

Departure from Chiang Mai will be at 11.30am, arriving at Taoyuan airport at 4.45pm.

The new Taipei-Chiang Mai route will use an Airbus A321-200, which can accommodate up to 180 passengers.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-16

Great News.  Another option to the west coast.  I have been using strictly the Silk Air-Singapore Airline combination to LAX from CNX.  The Eva Air from CNX to TPE and then onto LAX will be quicker because SIN stops for 2 hours at ICN en route to LAX.  EVA also has great  cabin service.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The Eva Air from CNX to TPE and then onto LAX will be quicker because SIN stops for 2 hours at ICN en route to LAX.

I am afraid,  if true to form,  Eva Air will make you cool your heals in TPE for 2+ hours like they do for all the Bangkok connecting flights to the West coast

Because of that,  this year I am using Korean / Delta via ICN because only 1 hour transit

Reply to Report#9,   Rgreen88, I found the Taiwan Chinese a lot different to Mainland Chinese, like Chalk and Cheese. I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Come July you will have the opportunity to go there direct from CNX and see what I mean for yourself.

It's great news and there is a 1and 1/2 hour layover in Tapei for flights to LAX and about 2 1/2 hours on the return.   That's perfect.  It's enough time to account for a slight delay on the first leg, gives you time to stretch your legs and gives the ground crew time to get your luggage on your connecting flight.

EVA is hard to beat when it comes to service.  Their aircraft are clean and leave on-time.  I've flown them many times across the Pacific.

Hopefully,  the other airlines at CNX will take notice of the boarding procedures that EVA uses.  It is orderly, fair and a nice change from the typical passenger gate loading from all of the other airlines at Chiang Mai's airport.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:34 PM, GLewis said:

I would be the opposite and take the one with a two hour layover to make sure my luggage and even myself got on the connection to the west coast.  One hour is a very short connection these days..

Two hours is great.  You can stretch your legs, you're not stressing if your departing flight is 40 minutes late and there's ample time for the ground crew to get your baggage onto the connecting flight.

I concur with the majority opinion about Taiwanese.  They are good people and I would enjoy sharing 10+ hours in a B777-300 with them to LAX.  Also, a 2 hour layover is much better than a 7 hour layover in Singapore even though  Changi airport is a great place to just hang out.  

This is really great news.  I could take the EVA Air flight from CNX to TPE with a 2.5 hr layover and then onto LAX and arrive on the same day in the afternoon.  I checked on Kayak and the airfare is about the same as Singapore(a little over 31,000 Baht for economy round trip).  

Outstanding news from EVA.  I have been flying with them since 2003 on my trips from SFO to BKK and now I can avoid an overnight in that cesspool on each leg and simply end up back in beautiful downtown Chiang Mai.  Hopefully they will offer some incentive fares initially to attract customers.

On 2018/3/16 at 7:37 PM, mickmac said:

The wife and I really enjoyed a week we spent in Taipei, so will now be able to fly direct from CNX.

I have never been to Taiwan. Could you recommend any budget hotel to stay?

Where is the best place to savor Taiwanese food?

Hi EricTh,

There is quite a good underground system in Taipei, so your hotel does not need to be in the centre of town as most parts of the town are accessible due to the underground.  Food wise we both enjoyed the Fishmarket, where there are lots of restaurants and a large shop where you can eat "on the go" that is really worth a visit. Just be aware that quite a few restaurants do not have a menu in anything other than the Chinese language.

On 3/17/2018 at 3:46 AM, Johnnyondaspot said:

It's great news and there is a 1and 1/2 hour layover in Tapei for flights to LAX and about 2 1/2 hours on the return.   That's perfect.  It's enough time to account for a slight delay on the first leg, gives you time to stretch your legs and gives the ground crew time to get your luggage on your connecting flight.

EVA is hard to beat when it comes to service.  Their aircraft are clean and leave on-time.  I've flown them many times across the Pacific.

Hopefully,  the other airlines at CNX will take notice of the boarding procedures that EVA uses.  It is orderly, fair and a nice change from the typical passenger gate loading from all of the other airlines at Chiang Mai's airport.

Layovers for flights to and from SFO are not quite as good but the total trip time of 19 hours each way sure beats anything else out there. And Premium Economy for $1559 RT is not bad at all.

Grin