MSIG app for motobike

Aforek

Hello,

please, do you know where to download the MSIG app for motobike ( to make the insurance know where I am if I am implied in an accident )

the only app I know is just to subscribe for insurance , and not for motobike , it's not a all what I need

My insurance AA broker sent me an " attached file " but it doesn't give anything, only the pdf contract  ( I have asked an other one but I don't know if it will work that's why I ask here )

thank you

After some research, I found the app ( MSIG SpeeDi ), and registered

there are three options in case of accident : Report claims, call us and e-claims

a little bit confused , which one to call because they seem to do the same thing ?; I think there are some differences but don't know which ones

have you experience with MSIG in case of road accident ( I have a scooter Yamaha 155 )?

thanks

If you read the coverages for the MSIG policy I believe you will see the maximum they pay per accident for Medical/Hospital bills is 50,000 baht.  That will probably not be enough for a day or so for a farang in a hospital.  AA Insur. Brokers Pattaya seems to have a Bangkok Insurance policy called "Happy 45+" that will pay more than that though how much isn't clear yet---because the policy wording actually has 'riding motorcycle' as a non-covered 'exclusion'.  However, there is a box to check on the application itself for 'Additional Coverages' that will indeed cover riding a motorcycle.  But it isn't clear to me yet if, after you check that box, the amount covered is the same as the stated amount of 200,000 medical/hospital on the rest of the policy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 12:09 PM, KrishnaCameb4Buddha said:

But it isn't clear to me yet if, after you check that box, the amount covered is the same as the stated amount of 200,000 medical/hospital on the rest of the policy.

It is clear to me now.  BKI Happy 45+ 'Accident Only' policy says it will pay for accidents, but it EXCLUDES accidents while 'driving or riding on a motorcycle'.  So no matter what a broker or company rep may tell you, I suggest you have them send you a copy of the POLICY (not just the 'coverages' page) and you turn to the EXCLUSIONS and read it for yourself.  If you ever end up in a dispute with this company over paying your motorcycle accident Hospital/Medical bills and you tell the court: 'gee, I got an email/call from someone who told me it would pay', the attorney will simply tell the judge: "It says right here in the Policy that BKI will not pay for driving or riding on a motorcycle".

The Happy45+ Accident Only Policy (about 6 or 7000 baht per year) seems to be a decent policy otherwise---as long as you are satisfied with 200,000 baht limit on hospital bills for all other accidents.  After all, it is not easy finding an 'accident only' policy anywhere.   But the 200,000 baht limit on medical is not really that much if you cannot afford to lose your assets paying a huge hospital bill, and of course it doesn't cover any motorcycle accidents if you are driving or a passenger.

Imglobal policy for about $1,000 per year ($2500 deductible) will cover much more substantial amounts (up to a million dollars or more) for Hospital/Medical for accidents INCLUDING motorcycle/car accidents.  And Imglobal also covers illness as well.

The MSIG policy for a new motorcycle (about 4500 baht per year for a new Honda PCX) is good in that it is straightforward and clear and pays what it says it will pay: 50,000 baht MEDICAL per driver and 50,000 per passenger.  Plus it will pay substantial money to third parties injured as a result of your motorcycle crash and it also insures your motorcycle against fire, theft and damage.

If assets dictated and budget allowed, then having two policies make sense: Imglobal and MSIG.

I hate playing the 'insurance game' and forking over money to these companies, but it may be a necessary 'evil' if you have concerns about protecting your assets so you don't end up broke because of an accident or an illness.

Edited by KrishnaCameb4Buddha