High speed rail link Bangkok

bermondburi

Saw something on Facebook yesterday about the new rail link. In some of the comments people were saying that work had started in places. 

Just bought a house in Pranburi, so wondering how many years till completion etc, any info out there? Links and so on?

Perhaps 10 years minimum. No plans have really even been started. The one most likely to come down up to Nakorn Ratchasima has now slowed to a crawl as the government has now decided that the fast train is too expensive and is looking at slower alternatives... To Hua Hin in reality when pigs fly.

One may presume that when the work has been finished, the rolling stock bought and the staff been instructed, it will be ready.

But I have an idea when it has been thought over how much it is going to cost and how much loss will be made on the new and the old system, there might be a rethink.

3 minutes ago, GLewis said:

Perhaps 10 years minimum. No plans have really even been started. The one most likely to come down up to Nakorn Ratchasima has now slowed to a crawl as the government has now decided that the fast train is too expensive and is looking at slower alternatives... To Hua Hin in reality when pigs fly.

The old one metre system, if some investment is done on tracks and rolling stock, is good for top speeds of +/- 175 km/h.

Who needs a second system with a maxspeed of 200km/h on standard gauge competing with the old system?

Both running on a loss......

2 hours ago, GLewis said:

To Hua Hin in reality when pigs fly.

I calculate, based on the speed of construction of the BTS slow speed train extension from Mo Chit to Saphan Mai (which is about 10 km and will take about 4 years+ to complete), that the Bangkok - Hua Hin high speed train will be up and running by about 2100...... all going well!

The morons around here were very happy when this was announced about 4 years ago and immediately increased the price of their land because of this mythical high speed train which will make Hua Hin really busy at all times.

I will be surprised if it ever happens and even when it does it will make very little difference.

Hua Hin is over rated and over priced for what it is. A sleepy little town in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

Some may be getting confused with the dual rail link.  There are posters around Hua Hin and the work started last month on the Nakon Pathom to Hua Hin and scheduled to be completed in 3 years.

Yeah, that is what I was referring to. In the comments on the Facebook page, it said that it went Bangkok, Bang Sue, Nakhon Pathom and so on. 

People said they'd already seen work starting in various places.

FB_IMG_1521461656927.jpg

25 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The morons around here were very happy when this was announced about 4 years ago and immediately increased the price of their land because of this mythical high speed train which will make Hua Hin really busy at all times.

I will be surprised if it ever happens and even when it does it will make very little difference.

Hua Hin is over rated and over priced for what it is. A sleepy little town in the middle of nowhere.

I just got a real bargain on the house actually. Bought a foreclosure off the bank. I'm happy.

Bangkok - Hua Hin High Speed Train to be completed in 2566(2023). Will be PPP 50year concession likely JV with Thai Bev (Singa Beer). Bangkok - Pattaya/Rayong similarly with CP group (Beer Chang etc). Cabinet will decide today (20th March).