What Krugsri branch in Bangkok to open bank account?

Hi. I currently have a Kbank account with ATM debit card but find many of thier machines are always broke and so I am interested in trying Krugsi.  Savings account with debit card.  I also have Kbank credit card so maybe interested in Krungsi credit card also.  I am on a retirement visa or the real name visa exsention based on retirement.  I checked Krugsri at exchange tower and and refused said I need a work permit.   Thanks. 

Edited by genobkk

A few weeks ago i called at the Krungsri branch where i have a bank account: Central Rama 9

And the manager personally told me it's possible to open a bank account with passport + 12 months rental contract.

Then somebody from this forum went there, asked to open one and failed. But it seems that he didn't ask for the manager.

So if you go there and ask for the manager... maybe :P

The direct numbers of the branches are on the Krungsri website, so you can just call and ask.

Edited by jackdd

I opened an account at their branch located between Suk Soi 15 and 17. That was about 5-6 months ago. I needed to show PP and a rental contract covering at least 6 more months from the date of opening the account.

A friend of mine opened one saving account at Krungrei in Chiangmai main branch and they required passport et 1 year rental contract.

Just to add to convenience , Krungsri have an ALL ATM card available and you can use it anywhere in Thailand and at any Bank branch with no fees.

Very useful if you travel a lot in Thailand.

Edited by cnx355
add infornation

1 hour ago, cnx355 said:

A friend of mine opened one saving account at Krungrei in Chiangmai main branch and they required passport et 1 year rental contract.

Just to add to convenience , Krungsri have an ALL ATM card available and you can use it anywhere in Thailand and at any Bank branch with no fees.

Very useful if you travel a lot in Thailand.

As far as i know all ATM cards from all the major banks work in all each others ATM's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smutcakes said:

As far as i know all ATM cards from all the major banks work in all each others ATM's.

But with most cards you have to pay a fee if you use it at ATMs of other banks or out of province

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

But with most cards you have to pay a fee if you use it at ATMs of other banks or out of province

I use a Bangkok Bank ATM card and the first few withdrawals per calendar month from a different bank's ATM are free ... never paid attention to how many, maybe 4 or 5. After that there's a Baht 10 charge.

Out of idle curiosity, who gets the Baht 10, my bank or the ATM's bank?

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

You can indeed. Some banks seem to have no charges for using their ATMs with another banks cars. Some charge 10 baht. Outside Bangkok municipal area and some neighboring provinces it seems to be a 30 baht charge. 

None of which is mega unless you make numerous withdrawls. 

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Try All Season's Place branch. They also have their Krungsri Exclusive center their, although I think it's moving to the one being refurbished on the corner of Wireless Rd/Sukhumvit.

They are good, that is where my account is held.

I opened my Krungsri savings account at the Esplanade mall. It took quite a while to process the people working there did not speak English well but I took a Thai friend to help translate and answer questions. All went well, one thing I noticed on a couple occasions my visa card was declined for online purchases as it had “preferred member” named on the card instead of my name. But my name is asociated.  

Once I got angry because I walked into the branch without identifying myself as a customer asking for ฿500 change in ฿10 coins. They said they didn’t have any. 

ok thanks  I will have to check a few of the branches out mentioned     I went to 2 different branches and was refused  saying I needed to be a resident and that my one year visa extension did not count    I was told work permit or nothing,  I told them kiss my butt that I would keep my Bangkok BAnk account   it is sad that I could open an account very easily with a tourist visa, not that I finally got the retirement attention they refuse  go figure