Permanent Residency

1 hour ago, battersea said:

I have an income from UK which obviously does not count.....does it mean I have to find a full time job ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, you have to decide between working 3 years in Thailand or spending one day a year to renew your extensions of stay.

But I sympathize as I was also led to believed the adverts for RP for "humanitarian reasons". I found out here, a while ago, that this had been canned nearly ten years ago, even though the relevant texts are still available on official web sites. We have to face it there is little humanity here, only face...

• Like 2

Much of the published requirements for PR are laughably inadequate with what the PR team actually considers as 'The Right Stuff' for potential PR holders.

IMHO, the best start to understanding the big picture of what is really involved in a successfull Thai PR application is contained in the ThaiVisa article below.

Read through Camerata's Guide from beginning to end to best understand how things have changed over the last decade - much of what is written on the web (even on Thai Immigration's own web site) is now hopelessly out of date.

Edited by SteveB2
Spelling, grammar, grrr