Retirement extension today at CW

Did my 8th retirement extension this morning and it was about the same as the other 7. Arrived at CW around 0840 am got in the very long line to get a Que number. That took 20 minutes. Got number L 25. About  30 minutes my number was called. Gave the IO my passport,  competed and signed TM 7 with photo attached, Income affidavit From U.S.A. embassy, and photo copies of passport and TM 6 departure card  all signed. The IO had me fill out 3 forms.  Paid 1900 baht got a receipt and then was told to wait outside in the waiting area, It was now 0945 .  Now the  bad part. I had to wait about one hour for them to return my passport.   It seems the approval signature on the application  was located in another office and the staff would wait until the had enough applications/passports to make it it worth while to  get the signatures.  But any way I was out the door around 1100 hrs.

17 minutes ago, sirocco said:

3 TM7 forms to complete ?????????

There are always some extra forms to explicitly state that you must no work, know the reporting rules, have to report address changes etc.pp.

I even remember one where I had to repeat the account details for my 800k deposit.

Quite useless stuff but bureaucrats must love it.

21 minutes ago, sirocco said:

3 TM7 forms to complete ?????????

Only 1 TM7 form is needed.

The other forms were probably acknowledgements of the overstay rules and conditions for the extension of stay. Not sure what 3rd form was for.

I was also at CW today, the OP was lucky that he wasn't getting the reentry permit at the same time, I briefly stopped at that area and they were attending to numbers in the 90's, the agent had previously got a queue number for me about 30 mins before and that was 180, the returning passport numbers were in the 20's, so had I have stayed it was going to be well after lunch before being finished.

16 hours ago, Mattd said:

I was also at CW today, the OP was lucky that he wasn't getting the reentry permit at the same time, I briefly stopped at that area and they were attending to numbers in the 90's, the agent had previously got a queue number for me about 30 mins before and that was 180, the returning passport numbers were in the 20's, so had I have stayed it was going to be well after lunch before being finished.

It always helps to prepare ahead.

Next time bring a Subway sandwich because you never know.

14 hours ago, Thailand J said:

waiting for an hour to get your passport back is not that bad, in Jomtein/Pattaya  we have to go back the next day. Not that I am complaining... the office is right by the beach.

Never gone back the next day.  Get everything the same day at Chonburi.