Despicable foreign tourist! Why a Thai's eyes almost "popped out of their sockets"!

snoop1130

On 3/22/2018 at 4:59 AM, Enoon said:

If she is Russian I doubt that she would do "that sort of thing", dressed like that, in a Russian Orthodox cathedral.

That would be the equivalent behaviour.

That's tourists......unlike their own precious traditions, those of the rest of the world aren't "serious".

They don't really have an interest in what is around them....everywhere else is just a "location" wherein they can arrange and admire themselves.

The indigenous architecture, objects and people merely sets, props and extras.

here you go:

http://www.thedubrovniktimes.com/news/dubrovnik/item/4089-topless-model-poses-for-erotic-photos-in-dubrovnik-church

It really is a crock. Just a snap shot.
Many temples provide a more decorous wrap, either for free or at nominal rent, if it is deemed necessary for modesty's sake.
All a crock, anyway. I have had my "picture taken" many, many times by Thai ladies who wear very brief shorts or just panties under their miniscule skirts or dresses, then sit cross legged, or legs spread on the BTS, etc. Also wondered why the men are expected to have knee length pants.
Just an excuse to howl outrage at the farang tourists without whom the complainers would likely be hungry.
I am still somewhat outraged at the sign on one stupa forbidding entrance to women. Upon inquiry it was explained "Because ladies have blood." I have since learned that many men would not think about washing their wive's or GF's undergarments because it might take some of their manly "power" away. Can't be much to begin with, in that case.
Okay, I am not generally much of a critic of things or people Thai, but those are a couple of my peeves, and the hypocrisy of this particular story gets my goat. Probably aided by the rudeness of a prune faced biddy in Bkk the other day who from ten feet away put her hand over nose and mouth to avoid smelling the foreigner. I wish I had given in to the impulse to flip her off, rude old thing.

Edited by Bill Miller
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Many temples provide a more decorous wrap, either for free or at nominal rent, if it is deemed necessary for modesty's sake.
All a crock, anyway. I have had my "picture taken" many, many times by Thai ladies who wear very brief shorts or just panties under their miniscule skirts or dresses, then sit cross legged, or legs spread on the BTS, etc. Also wondered why the men are expected to have knee length pants.
Just an excuse to howl outrage at the farang tourists without whom the complainers would likely be hungry.
I am still somewhat outraged at the sign on one stupa forbidding entrance to women. Upon inquiry it was explained "Because ladies have blood." I have since learned that many men would not think about washing their wive's or GF's undergarments because it might take some of their manly "power" away. Can't be much to begin with, in that case.
Okay, I am not generally much of a critic of things or people Thai, but those are a couple of my peeves, and the hypocrisy of this particular story gets my goat. Probably aided by the rudeness of a prune faced biddy in Bkk the other day who from ten feet away put her hand over nose and mouth to avoid smelling the foreigner. I wish I had given in to the impulse to flip her off, rude old thing.

Are you ok now ? :cheesy:

Edited by stanleycoin

2 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Have you tried using soap? 

Excuse me !!

Would someone please explain to the culturally ignorant Thais that taking unbecoming beauty shots of Thai girls at Kanchanaburi war graves sites is also extremely offensive to us westerners (well those that care) Many times I have visited the graves to pay my respects to our fallen and witnessed this abhorrent behaviour,  and yes I did point out the error their ways.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Excuse me !!

Would someone please explain to the culturally ignorant Thais that taking unbecoming beauty shots of Thai girls at Kanchanaburi war graves sites is also extremely offensive to us westerners (well those that care) Many times I have visited the graves to pay my respects to our fallen and witnessed this abhorrent behaviour,  and yes I did point out the error their ways.

Now you are going to cause great offense to the TV Thai apologists!!

Its a point well made but the argument here would be that theres nothing wrong here because they didn't know, whereas all farangs are expected to know....or some such nonsense.  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 9:35 PM, poohy said:

Seems these holier than holier Thais love been outraged.. get a life for gods sake 

Coming from a nation that has no control over littering millions of uncared for stray dogs a disgraceful education system and a corrupt government guess its good to be outraged over something!

Its THEIR country its THEIR rules and a bit of respect for them doesnt go amiss - if you dont like it dont come. Shame the UK cant uphold its own Britishness in the same way. But I suppose some people stopped caring about THAT countries values LONG AGO!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 2:25 PM, Peasandmash said:

russian's are a Godless people. forgiveness of their ignorance is best. then immediately deport them. 

Are you sure it is ONLY the Russians that are a Godless people?

If you read some post here in TVF you might change your mind!

Edited by ravip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 9:35 PM, poohy said:

Seems these holier than holier Thais love been outraged.. get a life for gods sake 

Coming from a nation that has no control over littering millions of uncared for stray dogs a disgraceful education system and a corrupt government guess its good to be outraged over something!

I would guess that you don't live here...with such an obvious dislike for Thailand and throwing in some pretty venomous comments, you wouldn't possibly contemplate living in this society...would you?

On 3/21/2018 at 9:46 PM, observer90210 said:

So what interests me here, besides this couple of obvious uncouth farang jerks is.....is that can we conclude that the female had no panties and that her meeow was visible ?...if yes, please advise so that we can pursue the research and find the uncensored photo !! :cheesy:

Tell me if you see any water leaking. Just asking..... all right? I am a plumber by profession.

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2018 at 10:02 PM, JSixpack said:

Farang tourists be farang tourists. However, I did know a Thai girl who confided to me (she could never tell a Thai) that she and her Thai boyfriend once found a small room in Wat Arun with no one around and there she lost her virginity. Always smile about that when I see the Wat or pictures thereof.

A small room you say?. With the blessing of the most enlightened one? I really don't think Buddha would have condemned this act if it had happened during his life time. Because his mind is not an ordinary human mind, his mind goes beyond good and bad, reward and punishment. He probably say to this young couple, "Sex by itself is not a filthy or bad act, but the unwholesome desire to pursue the enjoyment of sex all the time and in any place may lead you to suffering" His teaching doesn't condemn anyone he wants you to be fully aware of your thoughts and actions so that you may not do wrong and bring suffering to yourself or others.

Unfortunately the average Thais have not understood Buddha's teaching well or have no insight into Buddha's teaching. Otherwise they would not have condemned "Farang" for wearing sexy clothes or walking around half naked. If Buddha were to be alive today he would say, "A half naked Farang who behaves with proper manner and politeness is reflection of his good mind and good upbringing he should be accepted as he is without reservation". This may be my imagination of what he would say I of course cannot be sure. Then if Buddha mind is enlightened his mind would search for the ultimate truth, the pure goodness, rather than be bogged down within all these mundane niceties of what clothes you must wear and your breast are offensive. If your mind is healthy and wholesome you needn't wear any clothes really. Just go to Walmart in USA you see people don't condemn what you wear. Buddha would be smiling in Walmart I am quite sure of that.

7 minutes ago, madusa said:

A small room you say?. With the blessing of the most enlightened one? I really don't think Buddha would have condemned this act if it had happened during his life time. Because his mind is not an ordinary human mind, his mind goes beyond good and bad, reward and punishment. He probably say to this young couple, "Sex by itself is not a filthy or bad act, but the unwholesome desire to pursue the enjoyment of sex all the time and in any place may lead you to suffering" His teaching doesn't condemn anyone he wants you to be fully aware of your thoughts and actions so that you may not do wrong and bring suffering to yourself or others.

Unfortunately the average Thais have not understood Buddha's teaching well or have no insight into Buddha's teaching. Otherwise they would not have condemned "Farang" for wearing sexy clothes or walking around half naked. If Buddha were to be alive today he would say, "A half naked Farang who behaves with proper manner and politeness is reflection of his good mind and good upbringing he should be accepted as he is without reservation". This may be my imagination of what he would say I of course cannot be sure. Then if Buddha mind is enlightened his mind would search for the ultimate truth, the pure goodness, rather than be bogged down within all these mundane niceties of what clothes you must wear and your breast are offensive. If your mind is healthy and wholesome you needn't wear any clothes really. Just go to Walmart in USA you see people don't condemn what you wear. Buddha would be smiling in Walmart I am quite sure of that.

Wow... what are you on man? I want some!!! ???

• Haha 1

Too many of these condemnation on Farangs walking around half naked or sitting on sacred places of worship. If you have understood well or have insight into the teaching of Buddha you would not condemn all these farangs.

Buddha with his enlightened and extraordinary mind goes way beyond our earthbound thinking of good and bad , reward and punishment. His mind penetrates the problem and sees the ultimate truth.

Buddha would want the half naked farang tourist to be fully aware of what she or he is doing. He doesn't condemn the tourists just because they are walking around half naked, no , I don't think so.

A half naked tourist with a kind heart behaves with decorum and good manner is better than a Thai who cheated the poor rice farmers and she was seen shopping in London with his big brother ("Big Brother who no one can touch" ). Buddha wants you to be fully aware of what you are doing, are you destroying the delicate fabric of Thai society? Are you polluting their culture? Only you half naked farang can answer these question. Buddha doesn't want to you to be punished or pay a fine of 300 baht. No, his enlightened thinking goes beyond the 300 baht fine.

If your mind and thoughts are pure and good you don't need to wear any clothings at all. Just like those totally naked Jainists in India. I believe the Jainists are doing a very good thing and showing the world all our unwholesome preoccupation with the human body parts while the mind rots.

So you half naked farangs reading this piece of shit i am writing here good luck to you Buddha loves you.

Unfortunately the Thais haven't achieved the Abhidharma level of understanding Buddha's teaching so you still need to pay the fine . Cheers.

8 minutes ago, madusa said:

Too many of these condemnation on Farangs walking around half naked or sitting on sacred places of worship. If you have understood well or have insight into the teaching of Buddha you would not condemn all these farangs.

Buddha with his enlightened and extraordinary mind goes way beyond our earthbound thinking of good and bad , reward and punishment. His mind penetrates the problem and sees the ultimate truth.

Buddha would want the half naked farang tourist to be fully aware of what she or he is doing. He doesn't condemn the tourists just because they are walking around half naked, no , I don't think so.

A half naked tourist with a kind heart behaves with decorum and good manner is better than a Thai who cheated the poor rice farmers and she was seen shopping in London with his big brother ("Big Brother who no one can touch" ). Buddha wants you to be fully aware of what you are doing, are you destroying the delicate fabric of Thai society? Are you polluting their culture? Only you half naked farang can answer these question. Buddha doesn't want to you to be punished or pay a fine of 300 baht. No, his enlightened thinking goes beyond the 300 baht fine.

If your mind and thoughts are pure and good you don't need to wear any clothings at all. Just like those totally naked Jainists in India. I believe the Jainists are doing a very good thing and showing the world all our unwholesome preoccupation with the human body parts while the mind rots.

So you half naked farangs reading this piece of shit i am writing here good luck to you Buddha loves you.

Unfortunately the Thais haven't achieved the Abhidharma level of understanding Buddha's teaching so you still need to pay the fine . Cheers.

Please send me your prescription...

Edited by Catkiwi
spelling

4 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Please send me your prescripton...

Go to Wat Po Buddhist university and try to find the books they sell on Buddhist Abhidharma and Vipassana.Or some good book shops may have them. You will enjoy reading them. Some are badly written so you may find them boring. The interesting ones are the one you read them over and over .

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2018 at 6:09 PM, madusa said:

Great! Reading the above, it seems you have reached enlightenment!

Congratulations.

The lady obviously wasn't aware that her underpants could be seen, therefore an innocent transgression. 

The photograph should be aware that taking a picture under the skirt of an unaware unconsenting woman is illegal. Then he posted that picture on social media, violating the computer crime act. 

He is a pervert and should be treated as such. 

Despicable person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2018 at 5:17 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Some people need to relax a bit, mainly religious people...

It's a building, that's all.... It might hold significant meaning to some people, of that faith, but not everyone.

She wasn't running around naked, she was sitting on a ledge having her photo taken. Who was the perv trying to get an "up shot" ????

Luckily she was not caught doing it around a mosque. It would be at least a "Stoning" offence. Buddhists are far more tolerant and forgiving.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 11:32 PM, NCC1701A said:

what? there are other people in the world besides me?

this whole temple was not built for me so I can take photos of myself?

I do this sort of thing in Moscow all the time.

Not only Moscow.  This is a general sign of the times.