Vaping could get you ten years in a Thai prison

webfact

3 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

There is a large bar area in Jomtien where sheesha pipes are handed out to customers who like them. Quite openly.

Maybe so, but don't confuse impunity with legality.  I'd hate to be one of the patrons if and when the PoPo (or, more likely the military) decides to raid the place and bang up everyone who's doing something illegal.

Edited by impulse

2 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Well, that would be one way of not being compelled to avoid the bonfire smoke they produce. The other, of course, would be for vapers to not vape on holiday. Hardly a major challenge I should have thought.

They produce steam- not smoke!

15 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Why not start by arresting the street vendors who sell them all around on Sukhumvit ?   (despite their close ties and "connections" with the cops of the area)

Or all the win drivers vaping in Pattaya.

I read on vapping forum someone said he had minor traffic incident in Pattaya and went to soi 9 pay fine with dad, when dad was paying son get out for a vape, then all hell broke out. They jump on him like they saw money's, then locked up for few weeks and deported had to pay a lot fake bails too.

Thai girls rarely smoke. Chinese and other Asian girls smoke a lot. Happy Thailand is anti smoking as smoking smells awful and pollutes the street and beaches with cigarette butts. Don’t need vapors encouraging young people to smoke. Banning vapors is a good thing.  Wish cigarettes were banned also. But don’t ban my Leo beer please. Don’t ban my Nana plaza and my visits to Pattaya and my cheap beautiful Lao girls in Udon Thani. 

• Thanks 1

Section 113 of the Thai Penal Code

Whoever, commits an act of violence or threatens to commit an act of violence in order to:

(1) Overthrow or change the Constitution;

(2) Overthrow the legislative power, the executive power or the judicial power of the Constitution, or nullify such power; or

(3) Separate the Kingdom or seize the power of administration in any part of the Kingdom, is said to commit insurrection, and shall be punished with death or imprisonment for life.

Thailand has quite severe penalties.

But 10 years prison for vaping is nonsense. This only promotes 

extortion and corruption.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pedro01 said:

"In the end he was only fined the equivalent of $150."

And there you have it - they put on the frighteners with the prospect of 10 years inside and you probably feel happy to get away with 4,500 Baht...

Solid negotiation tactic - start high....

15k and 30k seem to be more common fines.

On 3/22/2018 at 11:38 PM, mommysboy said:

Ah! so just ban the things you don't like, but keep the things you do!  You are a natural for Thai Visa poster of the year:smile:

I wouldn't wish the POTY on my worst enemy ......

• 7 months later...