Soi Dog group calls for probe into temple dog poisoning in Nakhon Sri Thammarat

webfact

1 hour ago, Blackheart1916 said:

The Foundation helps stray dogs and cats in Phuket........to continue breeding, biting and harassing people, stinking the streets up with their faeces, and now spreading a delightfully deadly little disease called rabies.

And with a mass culling they would lose their only source of income as there wont be a reason to keep the foundation active.

Of course they will be against that, what organization actually aims to solve a problem and put itself out of business? None.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Herd immunity does not protect un-unvaccinated animals. It provides resistance to those vaccinated and strength to the herd because the disease is less likely to be epidemic because the herd is stronger. I'm not sure any soi needs large herds because of the danger from the herds. Dog lovers adopt them, take them home and take care of them but please don't feed them in my soi.

• Like 1

https://www.soidog.org/
  1. Let's start with the last part of the Foundation's mission: create a society without homeless animals - let's take them off the streets.

Soi Dog Foundation's mission is to improve the welfare of dogs and cats in Asia, resulting in better lives for both the animal and human communities, to end animal cruelty, and to ultimately create a society without homeless animals.

This is Thailand where things are done the thai way ... if you do not like this , go back where you came from .

Some farang , even having been here for many years , simply are not able to understand the way thai people think .

Believe me , nobody will cry when you leave ... and it will surely be better for you ..

• Thanks 2

These kind of foundations always need to justify their existence...like some other entities too. A major cull of everything running wild on the streets is long overdue. These silly foundations have had decades to sort it out and have make next to zero difference other than perpetuate their own existence. Not a very PC stance...but I don't care.

• Like 1